Options
124»

Replies

• kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :happy: I think everyone is hungry!! :flowerforyou:

rsrsrsrsrs :D

Yo, man, what happened to respecting differences of opinion? I teach a workshop on abusive relationship and not allowing differences of opinion is an unhealthy behavior. I thought people on here wanted to be healthy rsrs. Maybe everyone should just chill and have some chocolate. I had some today. It was tasty.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The feeling of MFP was completely different back in 09/10. There were a lot fewer members, and it was more strictly a weight loss site. The biggest argument on the forum was whether or not a raw diet was better for you.

I agree. I don't get all the personal drama on the motivation and support area. It's supposed to be for fitness/weight management motivation and support. Not support about your personal drama with your significant other or friends issues; of course unless it's causing issues with your fitness/diet.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    well said, i think often because its harder to interpret how people are trying to say things people often take them in the wrong way, on forums people cannot hear your tone of voice or see your face expressions so its harder to know how you are meaning what you are saying so lets all remember this not only when writing our posts but also when replying and think 'did they actually mean that how im thinking they did or am i just taking it the wrong way?'

You make sense. I like it.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I promise to continue to act like we're face to face as well. It makes me happy to know I can be just as big of a *kitten* on here as I am in real life. I'm so relieved!
  • Anne14534
    Options
    It's refreshing to deal with the "hungry and cranky" topic, even indirectly. While I am eating enough calories spread out so that I don't really get hungry, I notice my mood is not as good at various times, which I attribute either to a slightly lower blood sugar (which I don't truly know because I haven't tested) or just my body complaining about having to dip into the old fat-stores for energy. She complains. Then I want to. Urgh.

It's hard work this losing weight stuff. Maybe the vivid memories will be a reminder to stay steady once I reach my target.

Best wishes to all. It's a beautiful day here in Batavia NY. :flowerforyou:
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you can't say something positive, then just don't say anything.

I respectfully disagree. I do not think it does anyone any good to only be "positive". If someone is doing something stupid or dangerous, then I think it is the responsibility of the community to speak up. We shouldn't be supporting, even through our silence, eating disorders, fad, or dangerous diets here. That is not what the site is about. The site is to support those struggling with their weight and who want to change their lives for the better in safe and healthy ways. That is what we should support.

So yes, I do think there are times people need to be negative. Saying "Good Job" to someone who is doing something dangerous is not something we should be doing.
  • unicornassassin
    unicornassassin Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I agree. If you can't say something positive, then just don't say anything.

I respectfully disagree. I do not think it does anyone any good to only be "positive". If someone is doing something stupid or dangerous, then I think it is the responsibility of the community to speak up. We shouldn't be supporting, even through our silence, eating disorders, fad, or dangerous diets here. That is not what the site is about. The site is to support those struggling with their weight and who want to change their lives for the better in safe and healthy ways. That is what we should support.

So yes, I do think there are times people need to be negative. Saying "Good Job" to someone who is doing something dangerous is not something we should be doing.

My point is that we can disagree and still be polite. No one is saying that we all need to be blindly patting each other on the back.