Asparagus!

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    tasteofhome.com has a whole bunch of recipes.
    you need to create an account to see some of the recipes but it's free and it's worth it.

I've been sauteing it with fresh garlic.
    Doesn't always taste the best reheated though.

Or steaming it and putting Parmesan cheese on it.
  • Quiing
    Quiing Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love asparagus, I think I'll have some for dinner tonight. I've never had it grilled, guess I'll be getting a George Foreman grill soon!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Anyone have some great tips on how to cook/flavor/prepare asparagus? I have grown to love asparagus a lot, but I'm not too sure what all I can do with it to change it up. I don't like bacon so that's not an option, and I've only really been eating it grilled with EVOO.
    That is my favorite way. But I have sauteed it with eggs.
  • maryroseclare
    Options
    try the barefoot contessa's roasted asparagus in the oven. Toss with EVOO, Kosher salt and pepper. Then roast at 425 degrees for about 20- 30 minutes, toss every 10 minutes. it will be toasty and nutty on the outside, tender on the inside. so delicious!
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Asparagus under hollandaise or bernaise sauce, on top of a steak. :D

Just what I was going to say!

I love asparagus with hollandaise. I make mine with local awesome eggs and fresh local natural butter.

H.E.A.V.E.N.L.Y.

Grilled rocks too. I'll do some parboiled/blanched then toss it in some yummy pasta with EVOO, butter, garlic and fresh shrimp. Or in a curry...Or in a risotto...oh the choices!

Crap. I'm hungry now.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Love it blanched, served with a knob of butter
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Ok, what is EVOO?
  • seehawkmomma
    Options
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Put tin foil on cookie sheet with a clean thin layer of olive oil

Put clean asparagus on tin foil add a sqeeze of lemon

Let it cook for about 15 minutes.

Its so simple but the most delish aspargagus ever.

**this is for people who like their veggie crunchy***
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Ok, what is EVOO?

extra virgin olive oil
  • Jendulin
    Options
    As a meal take a small chicken breast with a slice of cheese. Wrap the asparagus and cheese inside the chicken breast. Season to taste and bake. you have a small meal with your veggie.

11335269.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Naughtybiscuit
    Naughtybiscuit Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I like it with a boiled egg - for dipping, instead of toast :)
  • Jessica0982
    Jessica0982 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Mmm yes! I found a great recipe online.

Fresh asparagus, with some extra virgin olive oil, some balsamic vinagrette, and a bit of salt/pepper. Let it sit for 15 mins or so (30 if you want super flavor) and then cook it in some foil on the grill. Man oh man…that stuff was so good! Even my HUSBAND ate it! And asked for more! (That doesn’t happen very often!)

I admit, this is my new obsession. It’s so darn good!
  • lisa91263
    Options
    Yum just got off the couch to make this..added mushrooms Tanks!
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I will drizzle them with extra virgin olive oil and then sprinkle Tony Chachere seasoning, then cook them on a grill (a Foreman is fine, but charcoal is much better). Cook them until they just start to soften. They should still be crisp. Enjoy!
  • lisa91263
    Options
    I love it in a creamy soup. Cooked in chicken or vegetable stock with lots of onions, garlic, sage and thyme, then buzz it with the hand mixer and add a tiny bit of sour cream or cream cheese to make it luscious :)

yum just got off the couch to make this. I added mushrooms thanks!!
  • Luvlynamazing
    Options
    My favorite vegetable by far! I do lots of things with it because I have it so often. One of the more unique things I do is make an orange juice glaze with the raw fruit and put the zest on top...It's amazing :)
  • Conneeke
    Options
    All sounds yummy, thanks for the suggestions!
  • wxkris
    wxkris Posts: 57
    Options
    sprinkle some lemon pepper on it!
  • Tammzy
    Tammzy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is a couple of ways I changed it up... put your asparagus in a gallon zip lock w/ your EVOO, some garlic salt and balsamic vinegar -or- italian dressing.

Easy shmeasy!

:) Happy Friday, Tammzy from Cali.
  • HyakSally
    HyakSally Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just love to boil it for one minute and then plunge it in ice water! Once cold, I pull it out. Perfect just lke that, but if you insist on dipping it, try a diet appropriate Italian dressing, fresh lemon juice wtih a whisper of honey mixed in, or a thai peanut sauce. (I mix peanutbutter with a touch of bottled ginger juice, braggs liquid amino (like soysauce) vinegar and a touch of honey)