Up for a Summer Challange??? 20 lbs by August 31st

Options

Replies

• jodyfink
    jodyfink Posts: 1
    Options
    I may be joining this challenge a little late, but better late than never right? Sounds like a great challenge, so I am in, I love challenges. Your story sounds a little too familiar. I just got back from the beach and had the pleasure of seeing myself in pics in a bathing suit. Well let me just say this, reality has set in. I am surprised some animal activist didn't try to save the whale, haha, just kidding. Well I hope you all are -pounds closer to your goal, and here I go . . . see you on the lighter side! YES!

Starting weight : 190
    Goal: 150
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Guys... I want to up the stakes this week.
    One, because I need a swift kick in the A$$butt and two, I feel like doing a penance for a sinful week.:noway:

This puts us into week 5 and besides the eating and exercising, are we really pushing ourselves to the best of our abilities or...is this a walk in the park, too easy?

Here are some challengei deas...

You love that glass (or 3) of wine each night to unwind. Not allowed this week until Friday night!! OMG!
    No sweets/candy all week
    Take a hike outdoors instead of hitting the treadmill at the gym
    Take a new class you've never done before, yoga, pilates, kickboxing
    Clean out your pantry of all the crap and restock
    Are you freaky about weighing yourself??? Like, every single day! Not allowed to weigh yourself until Friday ( I want to do this one)
    I will not eat past 7pm
    I will drink my quota of water each day
    I will walk my dog for 20 minutes 5 days this week
    I will be in bed by 9 and rise by 7am to stretch and start my day
    etc!etc!....plug in your challenge
    Any ideas out there. Let's pick one for the group, or come with your own personal challenge that you've conquered for 5 days.
    Don't forget to post it next week. What do you guys think????

OK. I'm in with ya! I also need a kick in the *kitten*! :wink:

These are my goal/challenges this week AND next week:

~ Up at 5:30AM M-F to do 30 day shred. NO SLEEPING IN, AND BEING A LAZY BUTT!
    ~ In bed by 9:30PM!!!
    ~ No eating after 8PM (that's going to be the hardest I think :blushing: )
    ~ No fast food
    ~ Drink my water quota
    ~ WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN IN MY FOOD JOURNAL - No cheating, even on the w/e, every morsel!!
    ~ Do not go over allotted cals.

OK. I think that's about all mentally I'll be able to focus on, haha!

:ohwell: Here it goes!!!! :drinker: :smokin: :glasses: :smokin: :drinker:
  • sueavant
    sueavant Posts: 2
    Options
    Just joined this site.. thanks to my sis for signing me up! I know I am late joining this challenge but I started dieting 4 weeks ago and have already lost several pounds, so I am taking on this challenge since 20 lbs is exactly what I wanted to lose and then some :). Been a stay at home mom for 6 yrs and NEVER lost the weight gain!! Went through some difficult times recently and decided that I wanted and needed to make some changes... starting with ME!! This is exciting and just what I needed! I hope to meet some wonderful people on here!!
  • pipinana
    Options
    Age 40
    Starting this challenge: (June) 183
    Last week: 180
    This week: 178 :smokin:
    Weight loss: -5

Days/minutes of exercise: 374/300 minutes walking/jogging and biking.

Congrats on getting out of the 180's!!!! You must be feeling GREAT!!! :drinker: :smokin: :glasses: Keep it up girl! :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    Options
    I may be joining this challenge a little late, but better late than never right? Sounds like a great challenge, so I am in, I love challenges. Your story sounds a little too familiar. I just got back from the beach and had the pleasure of seeing myself in pics in a bathing suit. Well let me just say this, reality has set in. I am surprised some animal activist didn't try to save the whale, haha, just kidding. Well I hope you all are -pounds closer to your goal, and here I go . . . see you on the lighter side! YES!

Starting weight : 190
    Goal: 150

GOOD LUCK!!! :flowerforyou:

haha, that cracked me up.... save a whale..... NOT FOR LONG THOUGH! You'll be loooooosiiiiing!
  • pipinana
    Options
    Just joined this site.. thanks to my sis for signing me up! I know I am late joining this challenge but I started dieting 4 weeks ago and have already lost several pounds, so I am taking on this challenge since 20 lbs is exactly what I wanted to lose and then some :). Been a stay at home mom for 6 yrs and NEVER lost the weight gain!! Went through some difficult times recently and decided that I wanted and needed to make some changes... starting with ME!! This is exciting and just what I needed! I hope to meet some wonderful people on here!!

Welcome to MFP! I hope you have as much fun, and gain as much insight as I have here! Be honest to yourself, and you will go far! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    Options
    SW:169
    CW:163
    GW:140
    Workout for this week 150 min/5 days

you are jsut smokin' along!!! Down 6lbs!? Whaaahooo! :drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • bettame32
    bettame32 Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok heres my stats for this week.

SW-260
    Last wk- 258
    CW-252
    GW by AUG 31-240
    GW- 145

I did try to eat right this week but failed miserably. I didn't get any exercising in this week. But I guess my body didn't agree with the things I ate. I lose weight because I was sick bringing up every last thing I ate this week. Not how I wanted to lose but at this point I'll take anything. WHOA!!!!! 6lbs down GO ME!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    my stats are the same as last weeks... Think I'm hitting a plateau again.... gotta change things up
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Let's do it!

Starting weight: 310
    Currant weight: 310
    Goal weight: 250 (290 by Aug. 31)
    Days/minutes of exercise: 45 mins

Good luck to everyone!
  • pipinana
    Options
    Ok heres my stats for this week.

SW-260
    Last wk- 258
    CW-252
    GW by AUG 31-240
    GW- 145

I did try to eat right this week but failed miserably. I didn't get any exercising in this week. But I guess my body didn't agree with the things I ate. I lose weight because I was sick bringing up every last thing I ate this week. Not how I wanted to lose but at this point I'll take anything. WHOA!!!!! 6lbs down GO ME!!!

:flowerforyou: Hope you're feeling better now! :smile:
    haha, I'd be excited too though, 6lbs is sweet!!! :drinker: :smokin: :glasses:
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    Age--26

Start Weight--215

5/29 weight-- 210

6/05 weight --206

6/12 weight-- 206

6/19 weight--202.8

Current Weight--204.2

8/31 Goal Weight--195

Goal Weight--165

Minutes/Days Exercised This Week--BIG FAT 0!!! (I don't know what has been wrong with me this week. But I have slacked on counting my calories and have not exercised at all. WHERE"S MY MOTIVATION!!!)

I have gained (ugh...that word makes me sick...) 1.4 lbs!!!
  • pipinana
    Options
    These are my goal/challenges this week AND next week:

1. Up at 5:30AM M-F to do 30 day shred. NO SLEEPING IN, AND BEING A LAZY BUTT!
    2. In bed by 9:30PM!!!
    3. No eating after 8PM (that's going to be the hardest I think :blushing: )
    4. No fast food
    5. Drink my water quota
    6. WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN IN MY FOOD JOURNAL - No cheating, even on the w/e, every morsel!!
    7. Do not go over allotted cals.

These were my goals for this week.....
    #1 Completed with the exception on being a lazy butt on Wednesday - :laugh: :drinker:
    #2 Didn't do so hot on this one....... We were busy this week doing things every night....
    #3 Didn't do so hot on this one either. Last night and Wednesday night were the only nights I didn't pig out.
    #4 COMPLETED! :glasses:
    #5 COMPLETED! :smokin:
    #6 Ummmmm.... Well, I wrote everything down that I ate during the day, but didn't track when I pigged out at night. :explode: :grumble: :blushing:
    #7 Failed miserably. :grumble: I suck. :tongue:

So. I'm the same this week. Still 160 for the past two weeks. My goals are the same this week as last, I WILL DO BETTER!

Here's to another week ladies and gents! :flowerforyou:
  • pipinana
    Options
    I have gained (ugh...that word makes me sick...) 1.4 lbs!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Lets both kick butt this week!!! 4.3 more lbs, and you'll be out of the 200's!!!!!! YOU ARE SOOOOOO CLOSE!!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :smokin: :glasses: :drinker: :heart:
  • dv_tina
    dv_tina Posts: 6
    Options
    I know everyone has been doing this for over a month now but I wanted to know if I could join? I have had a very frustrating last couple months with this whole weight loss thing, including crying last Friday night before going out because I felt like crap. :explode:

I just don't know what has happened and I have pretty much hit rock bottom as of last Friday. I worked out 6 days last week and really tried to eat within my calorie range. I lost 2.5 pounds so i am going in the right direction. :glasses:

This group could be exactly the motivation I need and I know 20 pounds will stop me from crying before nights out with my girls:drinker:

So....
    Current Weight: 162.6
    Goal Weight: 140
    Activity last week: 430 minutes between walking, yoga and sports conditioning
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    alright so this week I didnt lose much but hey its something

starting weight 217
    goal weight 197
    Current weight 214.1
  • stjohnspark
    Options
    Guys... I want to up the stakes this week.
    One, because I need a swift kick in the A$$butt and two, I feel like doing a penance for a sinful week.:noway:

This puts us into week 5 and besides the eating and exercising, are we really pushing ourselves to the best of our abilities or...is this a walk in the park, too easy?

Here are some challengei deas...

You love that glass (or 3) of wine each night to unwind. Not allowed this week until Friday night!! OMG!
    No sweets/candy all week
    Take a hike outdoors instead of hitting the treadmill at the gym
    Take a new class you've never done before, yoga, pilates, kickboxing
    Clean out your pantry of all the crap and restock
    Are you freaky about weighing yourself??? Like, every single day! Not allowed to weigh yourself until Friday ( I want to do this one)
    I will not eat past 7pm
    I will drink my quota of water each day
    I will walk my dog for 20 minutes 5 days this week
    I will be in bed by 9 and rise by 7am to stretch and start my day
    etc!etc!....plug in your challenge
    Any ideas out there. Let's pick one for the group, or come with your own personal challenge that you've conquered for 5 days.
    Don't forget to post it next week. What do you guys think????
  • stjohnspark
    Options
    :tongue: Good Morning!!!!

Here are my stats for this fine Friday's check in....

GW- 166
    SW- 186
    Week 1 5/29 182.5
    Week 2 6/5 182.5
    Week 3 6/12 180:smile:
    Week 4 6/19 184:devil:
    Week 5 6/26 183 I'll take it. Heading back in the right direction.
    Work outs this week - 3 days 120 mins, my weakest week by far.

Regarding my personal challenges for last week-
    I DID go on 2 very lenghty hikes :flowerforyou:
    I DID drink my daily quota of water :drinker:
    I DID walk my dog for 20 minutes 5 days

Good luck on all of your weigh ins today!!!!
    Can you believe this is week 5:noway:
  • bettame32
    bettame32 Posts: 17
    Options
    ok here are my goals/challenges for the week

walk my dog for 20 mins a day for 3 days- I hate the heat so this is definitely a challenge
    drink my alloted water for the week- easy I love water
    log in all foods for this week-usually only get in a day or two. when I start eating poorly i stop logging
    get in more fruits and veggies
    spend more time being activity- no tv or computer til after 6- this will nearly kill me
    in bed by 8 sleep by 9- good luck to me. 4 kids out for the summer they never sleep

I think thats all for this week. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pashley08
    pashley08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I see that this challenge started in May but I would still like to join and try to loss as much as I can by August 30th. This is just want I needed. I've also been exercsing using the dvd Jullian Michaels 30 Shred. It's a great workout when you only have a little amount of time. My birthday is August 21st so this is good modivation. Thanks!

Starting Weight: 215
    Current Weight: 210.5
    Goal Weight: 165