You find...

Options

Replies

• Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I would be tempted to keep it, but the guilt would make me turn it in! You never know, the owner could give u a even bigger reward! :smile:
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I would probably turn it in. I'm sucker for doing the right thing :heart:
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    Honestly......... I would probably keep it. If there was no ID, no way of identifying the person, I would keep it. Karma owes me big time.

Brutal honesty.. I love it! Even tho some people say they would turn it in.. I bet a fewww.. would keep it...
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I honestly would keep it cuz the person who lost it probably knows its gone forever.....I've worked in a grocery store and a person left $200 in the bank machine and never bothered to come back for it....

Plus its their own stupidity for not leaving nay identification in it
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I would definitely turn it in! Karma is not one to mess around with! ;)

My dad lost his wallet at Ford Hood military base once and it was returned, with everything in it, several years later when a soldier found it during training. We thought it was long gone! There are nice people in this world, still.
  • AmyjoyHa
    AmyjoyHa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive turned things in and was pretty sure it never made it back to the owner. Id tell the police details and give my number.
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had someone turn in a large amount of cash that I misplaced. I know the feeling of how terrible it was to lose it in the first place, and then I was blessed enough to know the feeling of someone returning it to me. Not only was I relived to have the money back, but it was also a great feeling to know that there are honest people in the world. In my case the money was just in an envelope from the bank, so there wasn't any identifying info at all. I cashed check, and I was just carrying the cash to pay for books. Anyway, I would want to do the same for someone else, so I would leave my contact info at the Police Station and at any places nearby.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    Options
    that much money I would turn it in. most people I know who carry around that much cash has for a reson, like an emergncy bill or something like that
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Definitely take it to the police. Wouldn't even hesitate.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Turn it in. Karma's a b*tch.
  • QueenJayJay
    QueenJayJay Posts: 1,139
    Options
    I've done the right thing before. Please pat me on the back.

Really? I don't get a story from you and how amazing you are because you did the right thing? If I could reach you I would give you a pat on the back! But thats becasue I think you are cute!

Nah, that's not what your OP asked right? :wink:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    Honestly......... I would probably keep it. If there was no ID, no way of identifying the person, I would keep it. Karma owes me big time.

not real sure that's how that works, but you could always try and see what happens...
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    turn it in... money is tight for everyone everywhere
  • Mandykinz2008
    Mandykinz2008 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Turn it in. Most places have rules that if it's not claimed in a certain amount of time it goes to who found it. If it's meant to be I can wait a few months!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I would turn it in. The person might realize, "Oh shoot my wallet!" and go to the police station to find it...

Mistakes happen, but don't be the *kitten* who says, "Well, you shouldnt have left it there. Ha ha!"

To some people $500 means putting food on the table. Shame on anyone who would take money knowing the person who it belonged to is going to suffer. Just because you don't see the person weeping, doesn't mean they aren't. <-<

ps: The pictures are irrelevant in shaping my decision -- they would help identify the person, however, as the pics are most likely the person's children.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I would turn it is - I am a firm believer in Karma, and have seen her in action. And yes she can be a bigger b*tch than me!!! Plus honesty is always at least for me the best policy!
  • jsnearly
    Options
    a wallet.. no license.. nothing to lead to the owner..but a pic of the two cutest kids you have ever seen... There is 500.00 in it... do you keep it or take it to the police station???

Take it to the station.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'd call the police station and give my phone number and leave my details, so the person can be given my details to call me if they try to report it missing

I've handed in purses before and got the feeling the shop clerk etc was going to just keep the stuff!

Same here! I would hang on to it, until the police said someone came in for it, or take an ad out somewhere asking to identify it. I know too many underhanded people in the town, police included!!
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Hand it in to the Police.....you may get it back and you don't have to feel bad about your actions.....look at what this couple did :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-17074288
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I would turn it in. The person might realize, "Oh shoot my wallet!" and go to the police station to find it...

Mistakes happen, but don't be the *kitten* who says, "Well, you shouldnt have left it there. Ha ha!"

To some people $500 means putting food on the table. Shame on anyone who would take money knowing the person who it belonged to is going to suffer. Just because you don't see the person weeping, doesn't mean they aren't. <-<

ps: The pictures are irrelevant.

Heck, that's majority of my rent. I would pretty much bawl my eyes out if I lost that amount of money, because I'd probably be homeless soon thereafter...