THE (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ WEEK 21!!

Options
New to this thread?? We get pretty chatty here, so if your looking for daily motivation and support... look no further! Come join us! Come track your progress with us and share your goals. We weigh in or measure each Friday under a new thread. Just post your current weight stats and introduce yourself to get started.

No time to post cool stuff like the other teammates..just wanted to get the thread started. GO TEAM!

Let's make this a week of celebrating our victories. Celebrate by 5 or 10 lb chunks. Celebrate 10% goals, 1/2 way goals, or for one individul it may be a week to celebrate 100 lost. May your victory is that your pants are lose or your face is thinning. What is it for you?

prayerfulmom sw 277/cw230.4/gw164 -1.6 this week.

My celebrations are that I'm so close to the 50# mark. Hope to see it in 2 weeks. I got a comment this week that I look thinner. I felt different in my underpants this week (i'm a true pear shape). I made big progress this week with simply eating my last meal about 4-4 1/2 hours before bed.

Replies

• ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi, I am new. I need a little motivation. Hubby is coming home from deployment soon and I want to lose some more weight before he gets home.

SW 190, CW 163, GW 140
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Hi, I am new. I need a little motivation. Hubby is coming home from deployment soon and I want to lose some more weight before he gets home.

SW 190, CW 163, GW 140

Welcome. This is a great bunch. Thanks to your hubby and the sacrafice of your family to serve and protect our country.

crazeebee- the answer to your question is chemicals=). Look forward to your results.

HM-way to go on the elipticle. I burned out on it a while back and never really got back on it.

IG- on the salt....envy envy. I'm salt restricted. Basicaly anything processed will get you that salt. Even cereal.

CB- you are truely an inspiration and so positive. We need more of you in the world=)

Lulu-you rock!

april- remember that non scale victory today even if that scale doesn't budge; your feeling it in your britches.

paw-to piggy back on what cyndee said: these trials are so hard while going through them. But, when we look back we see the growth in ourselves and those are the things to make us strong adults and build our character. Those trails end up turning into triumphs in their own way.

a4- congrats on the loose pants. that is a huge victory!

I'm headed out of town this afternoon for a ladies conference. Hope to hear great results from ya'll before I leave. Celebrate those victories scale or nonscale!!!!

prayerfulmom sw 277/cw230.4/gw164 -1.6 this week
    ktndj82104 SW 190, CW 163, GW 140
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone. Not sure how to post but I lost 7.2lb my first week. I know it is mostly water weight but I am still happy. Now to just keep it off LOL
  • manda1111
    manda1111 Posts: 113
    Options
    :tongue: good morning

did pritty good with the company thing last week and still working out in the mornings. I hope to do more cardio next week though I did get some walkingi n this week.

SW198, GW 135, CW 173 = 1lbs loss (25 total lbs!)
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good morning everyone :flowerforyou:

Well this past week was not at all like the last one, but that's ok... it's still a loss :smile:

Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    manda - SW198, GW 135, CW 173 = 1lbs loss (25 total lbs!)
    Lori - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 257 = a loss of 2 lbs :smile:

Way to go losers :smile:
    My celebration is that I am sooo close to that 10% I can almost taste it :laugh: and to that 30lb mark!!

Have a great day all!! :flowerforyou:
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    Lori - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 257 = a loss of 2 lbs
    adopt4 - on maintenance - staying the same

Congrats losers so far! And good work! Well a week on maintenance now and every day (I know, I shouldn't weigh every day but I want to be sure that I"m not gaining!) I fluctuate 2 - 2.5 pounds, but stay within that range, so whoo-hoo, that's just water weight, I know. I wasn't sure I wouldn't gain weight on maintenance!! Figured my body would go right back up! But I"m not, so I'm relieved that my body can stay the same. And I feel like I"m eating tons, which is good, because I"m not always hitting my calories allotted...Now just 3 more weeks of maintenance and then I can switch to losing again!
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Way to go CrazyBee on the loss.

Welcome new comers...

Keep up the good work...

I got some cardio in last night to help clear my head... kinda helped. Thankyou to all you guys for your support. It means a lot.

Keep the good work Lorann, your almost there to that 30 pound mark...don't give up now...
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wow! Everybody who posted so far...congratulations!
    adopt4...Maintaining is good, and especially when you don't accidentally go up!
    Debbie...You should be doing a celebration dance! That's an amazing loss.

I haven't yet been on the scales.
    Woke up at 3:30 a.m. because of a vivid nightmare. Rarely get them. In fact, I can't recall the last time I had one. But it disturbed me so much that I stayed up for a few hours. Went back to bed at 5:30, and slept until 10:30.
    Bad sleep gone...

Anyway, the weather here is incredible. Hot day, but a gentle, cooling breeze. I'm going to think of someplace to walk to...

Back shortly with my "progress."
    (Sounds optimistic, eh?)
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team

Congrats to all the Losers, I myself is one again still the same no loss no gain...I want to loss 15 pounds before my next dr. apt in august...that is a fezable loss!!!! now I just need to get it into Grear!!!

Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    sheila - SW 329 / GW 150 / CW 285 = no loss this week...

good luck to the rest of the team on their weigh in...

Not doing much just trying to stay cool with all this heat... I dont have air conditioning in the new house and it has been like 95, 92 degrees this week and with the heat index its feels like 100 thank god for my pool but i am not supose to be in the sun for very long with my medication that i am on along with having Lupus... I am limited...

well have a great day everyone...

Sheila
  • DWray44
    DWray44 Posts: 76
    Options
    Good Morning teamies, and welcome newcomers! you're going to LOVE this group, I sure do! Everyone is so inspiring, and I really need that to keep me motivated.

I walked almost all of yesterday WITHOUT MY CANE!!! :drinker: I'm so excited about this, I can't even describe. I'm so ready to be able to get back to my 'routine'. I also started a new online course, much like the one Lulu's doing, for Medical Transcription. It's a grea ttime for me now, because Tony's so busy for the next month playing music. I've barely seen him this week! He works a full time job, plus this past Wednesday he played a festival in Owensboro, KY(didn't get home until midnight!) and went to work at 5 the next day. Last night started the new variety show in the same studio as Hee Haw was filmed, and it's called Pickin' and Grinnin' with Mike Snider. Tony's the guitar player for him, so they will film this every Wed-Saturday, and on top of that, they're playing the Grand Ole Opry each of those nights too! Bless his heart, by the time this month trial is over, he's going to be slap wore out!

So needless to say, I've got ample free time...just me, my computer, my puppy and cat :laugh:

Other news, my younger sister and her husband have been trying to adopt a child for the past 4 years, to no avail. They had 3 adoptions fall through in a 6 month period, which was pretty rough. However, they've been approved to be foster parents, and this week they got a 3 year old little boy. Mind you, they've never had children, so I think it's been a little different than they were expecting! It's good for them though, and I'm really proud of them. If all goes well, they will potentially be adopting a newborn little girl that is due the beginning of August...please keep your fingers crossed for them!

Ok, novel over...I have no weight to post, as I haven't been on a scale since my surgery. I can say that my pants fit a little looser, so that's a good sign!
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Prayerful- Thank you for starting the thread!! I had to go grocery shopping last night and it completely slipped my mind, even tho I said earlier that I would. It wasnt until this morning when I stepped on the scale that I was like "DOH!!! I forgot to start it......again" :laugh: Anyway... Nice job & congrats!!!!

Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    Losingit4good- SW 215/ GW 175/ CW 219/ ACK!!!!! 4lbs gained??

I think some of Bee's lost pounds may have traveled to my house. Thats just not possible...Ive been on target with cals all week except for wednesday and have gotten my workouts in..:mad: :mad: :explode: Stooooopid scale!!!!!! Stoooooooopid teriyaki pineapple burger I ate on Wednesday!! GRRRRRRR! Ok... Im over it now and off to the gym....Im putting in a solid week on the elliptical since I havent been on it for a while now.

Oh, and I aint updating my ticker either... :sad: at least until I give it a couple days.

Bee!! WOOHOO!! great jumpstart on your weightloss!! Im so proud of you!!

Manda- Congrats on the 25lb mark!!

Congrats to everyone else who lost or is maintaining on maintenence!!!! :drinker:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    nitag - maintenance with adopt4

SO...... I didn't post yesterday.. I went for Mexican with my sister.. Ate badly pretty much the whole day.. I've been so funked since my husband said he was going back to Texas to work.. Well you know what, last night he told me he decided he WAS NOT going... I'm like WTF!!!! Okay I've blown my eating style outta depression and now your not going.. JERK!! Okay I am happy he's not going. I've decided that I'm going to get back on track and start exercising again...

LI4G.. You look amazing.... That pic you look like 12....
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    So I just weighed myself... and I'm having some issues... we have two scales... I've been sticking with one since I started but before I started I weighed myself on the other one and it was almost the same as the one that I've been using... well I thought for giggles I'd get on the other one today and according to that one I've lost ten pounds... Mine I've only lost 4... I'm so lost... my bra doesn't fit well in the cup any more and my arm fat doesn't jiggle as much lol... but my tummy and legs are still the same... I know that boobs are usually the first to go but If I lost that much weight where did it come off from is my question???? My boobs didn't shrink that much lol.
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Like I said it is water weight but I am happy.

li4g bet you gained from the extra excercise, mostly muscle weight. You got that bike out and took kids to the park. You've been busy. I promise Ididn't send any your way. Could it be close to that time??? That will do it too.

Congrats to all who lost and maintained. I am happy for all of you. Thanks for all the encouragement this week.

Got to go back to work, I am only home for lunch hour. Have a good day all.
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Okay...Weigh-in time for me...

Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    cyndeebee - SW - 136 GW - 115 CW - 128 (1 pound lost)

I'll take it, even though I just lost the pound I'd gained back last week.
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Like I said it is water weight but I am happy.

li4g bet you gained from the extra excercise, mostly muscle weight. You got that bike out and took kids to the park. You've been busy. I promise Ididn't send any your way. Could it be close to that time??? That will do it too.

Congrats to all who lost and maintained. I am happy for all of you. Thanks for all the encouragement this week.

Got to go back to work, I am only home for lunch hour. Have a good day all.

No, not close to that time. Im pretty sure its water weight. Ive been sucking it down and not peein as much which is wierd....so Im gonna suck down some green tea. Adopt4 and I both have discovered the green tea is the shiz. Ive been really good this week except for that moster teriyaki burger on Wednesday but it was our 7th wedding anniversary so Im not beating myself up over it and even tho I sucked down alot of water yesterday and have been really good all week with my water....It just doesnt seem like much is coming out in the end and it hasnt been Hot here, so....anyway.. Im over it. I had a big salad for lunch. I have so much lettuce in my garden right now and its the really good crunchy kind that makes great salads so Im diggin that!! My broccoli also has enough on it again to pick some for dinner so Im gonna do that for later tonight, just gotta find something to go with it.

Pawprint- Maybe try weighing on a few different scales at the store and see if you get the same results?? Or if you have a gym membership, try there. I had to switch scales 1/2 way through because my original one was a piece of crap :laugh: I weighed in on all the scales at the store and found they were all pretty much said the same thing so I bought a new one and went from there. If your other scale matches more with what a majority of them say.. then go with that and stick to one you know works good.

My personal victory this week is getting rid of those clothes that are falling off without being unbuttoned AND finding a size Medium shirt that belongs to my youngest and trying it on. :laugh: Its tight, but at least I can get my arms, shoulders and head in and not need assistance taking it off.. LOL!!!
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    So LI4G how did your daughter like her room? :laugh:
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    So LI4G how did your daughter like her room? :laugh:

She actually wont be home until later this evening. She's leaving her dads around 6ish to go hang out with some friends and go Ice Blocking (sledding down a grassy hill on an Ice block..lol) I tell ya... the things these kids do to keep themselves entertained.. LOL! Wierdo's! Her friend is supposed to bring her home so Im hoping that she comes in and gets to see shelbys room also. Would be really great for the embarassment factor!! :laugh: :laugh: I'll let ya know what happens after she gets here.
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Where has the day gone? Spent all day in the garage doing a garage sale, will do it again tomorrow. Made a little bit of money - clothes shopping for me! Hurray! Went to log my food and can't for the life of me remember what I had for breakfast. Did I even eat breakfast? I'm not sure. Oh wait, I just remembered... good. Not bad at all. I was worried! Didn't eat dinner, although I fed the kids chicken, orzo with alfredo sauce, and corn with lots 'o butter. They like it, they need it, I don't need it. I had a bite of chicken but it just didn't hit the spot. For some strange reason when I make chicken, I can't eat it, I'm afraid it's not cooked enough (did that once, yuck!). Even though I checked and it's all fine, maybe a bit overdone, but still, I can't bring myself to eat my own chicken! Sheesh!

Hubby is asleep, got home from work about 3 pm (was at work by midnight last night) and he went to bed and I probably won't see him until morning, if then. Makes for a long day when I have the boys all to myself... just threw the two oldest outside so they can work off some of that boy energy before bedtime. Camp starts on Monday! Whoo-hoo! My first son (I call him that because he's not necessarily the oldest, but he was the first one we adopted, and we haven't determined when we're going to make the new boys' birthdays or if we're going to change them at all, since they were given by an orphanage director who looked at a picture and decided how old they are, not based in reality!) is having problems without having his normal routine of school, so although he's normally the easiest one to deal with, he has become the hardest. He's a special needs kid and he NEEDS his routine! So hopefully camp will do that, help him get into a routine again much like school.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Crazybee - lost 7.2lb
    cyndeebee - SW - 136 GW - 115 CW - 128 (1 pound lost)
    lulubar-SW205/GW145/CW189=2 lbs lost

Prayerful - thanks for the new thread:flowerforyou: I LOVE the idea of celebrating our successes~YOU rock!!!!:love: And you really are right on top of that 50 lb. mark!!! Yay you!

LI4G - I gained 4 last week - weird, cuz I was within cals and exercised regularly, so go figure. I'm with you though, don't sweat it - all part of the journey. Can't wait to hear your daughter's reaction to her room:bigsmile:

KT - Welcome!!! And what a motivator to lose weight - hubby coming home from deployment!!!! Terrific!!!

Crazybee ~ BIG congrats on the 7 lbs!!! What a SUPER way to start!

Manda ~ AWESOME! 25 lbs down!!

Lorann~ Yaaayyyy for you! Another week like this one and you will be on that 30 lb. mark!!!! Great job!

A4 - you know, I'm almost the same way about chicken - I have to cut all the pieces open to make sure they are completely done before I'll serve it- :ohwell:

Cyndeebee~ sorry for the bad dreams! I hate nightmares!

Sheila ~ Stay cool, wear your sunscreen! The heat is a killer - I don't know how you can stand it without air conditioning:noway: I'd have to just sit in my car all day with the air on:laugh:

Dwray - Hip Hip Hoorayyyyyy! No cane! Don't overdo though - take care of yourself. Is your bug all better?

Anita - I'm happy for you that you DH is staying home :bigsmile: - I know that was really distressing you.

Okay, my celebration is this: I have been shopping for a dress to wear to my cousin's wedding - I gathered a bunch of cute size 18 dresses, went to the dressing room and they were ALL too big!!! Had to go back for size 16, and THEN had to go gather some 14s cuz some of the 16s were too big:bigsmile: :happy: :smile: I'm a happy girl!!!!

later gaters:heart: