5-6 meals a day

How many of you eat multiple meals throughout the day? What are your calories goals for each meal? What type of foods do you eat?

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    My net calories are 1200.

breakfast - usually around 200 cals.
    lunch - 300-350 cals.
    snack - 100 cals ( max.)
    dinner - around 400-500 cals.
    late night snack - 100 - 200 cals.

I like to spread them out as I'm ALWAYS hungry.

You're welcome to check my diary for the foods.
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member
    My calorie intake per day is 1640.

I eat at :

7am
    9am
    11 am
    12:30
    2:15
    4:15
    7:30ish..

So I EAT 7 ha... Im ALWAYS hungry. My metabolism is on high speed everyday I feel like.. My cals vary. Usually try to make 7am, 12:30 and 7:30 higher in cals.. other times are just smaller snacks. My diary is public as well.. feel free to creep!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Are those days with or without exercise? Or do you eat the same amount of calories either way?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Check out my diary. I eat six times a day.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    i net about 1840 each day

breakfast, lunch & dinner are each about 400 calories
    and the rest (~640) are for 2 to 3 snacks :wink:

edit: i add another snack for the days that i work out
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 713 Member
    Well I guess honestly I am the worst at eating my calories back. So thats what I eat every day.. Somedays I will eat fewer, sometimes more.. so that my body does not get used to consuming that many calories. I work out 5-6 days a week tho.
  • I eat:

830AM - Breakfast; Well balanced meal replacement + supplements
    10AM - Post Workout Recovery Drinks
    12PM Lunch
    3PM Snack
    6PM Dinner

I workout 6 days a week. It's my first week and finished my 5th day of exercise :D
  • FittingIn
    FittingIn Posts: 162 Member
    I eat once. It just takes ALL day long. :-)

Okay, I eat six times a day at around 300 calories each meal for a total of 1,900 calories per day.
  • I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks (sometimes 3 if I'm hungry after dinner still). I have 1200 calories a day and do an hour of cardio atleast 3 times per week. I will try to eat back most of my calories but I am so full on the days I work out because I feel like I just eat all day long to try to get those calories back. Seems weird to me to burn off the calories just to eat them back anyways!
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    9-10 am breakfast 200 calories

12-1 pm Lunch 300 calories

3-4 snack 200-250 calories

7-8 Dinner 300-400 calories

10 Snack 150 calories

If I eat breakfast sooner, than I usually have an early morning snack. I try to stay around 1200 calories give or take a few. I also exercise everyday, and eating my exercise calories back does not work for me.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    I eat 6 mini meals a day anywhere from 150 to 350 cals per meal. More often that not my breaakfast is my biggest meal of the day.
    Dinner fallowing in a close second. My goal is about 2200 cals per day without accounting for excercise calories. I usually eat between 1500-1700 of those calories per day and I don't usually need to touch any excercise calories as I am satisfied.
    On my hungry/muchie days I will get closer to my goal or maybe even go slightly over (still not acoounting for excercise calories)

Feel free to invite me so you can see my diary as it is only viewable by friends.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    I eat once. It just takes ALL day long. :-)

Okay, I eat six times a day at around 300 calories each meal for a total of 1,900 calories per day.

hahaha. Do you eat the same amount everyday? Or does it vary by exercise/rest days?
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    I eat at least 5-6 times a day :) On weekdays I eat like this
    7am - breakfast
    11.40 lunch at school
    4/4.30 afternoon snack at school (usually boiled eggs) and sometimes something from the kids snack time at 3
    7.30/8pm post workout shake while I prepare dinner
    8.30/9 dinner
    9.30/10pm more dinner, eggs/ fruit if I am still hungry.

I sometimes just spread my evening meal out over an hour or more.
    I am currently trying to lose a couple of kgs so trying to cut back on cals... just dropped to 1600, before that it was 1800 and before that it was 2000-2500 for a bit.

My diary is also open, feel free to check it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I eat 4-6 times per day during the week. On the weekend it can vary from once to grazing all day.

Breakfast - 103 calories
    Morning snack - 0-70 calories
    Lunch - generally 250-350
    Afternoon snack - 250-300
    Dinner - 1000 - 1200
    Dessert - 80-150

I average 1600 - 2000 total calories per day.
  • Mind you , I am not trying to lose weight per se , but put on lean muscle mass: I eat 2500 calories a day
    6am -300
    10am 200
    12pm-500
    3pm-500
    6pm-600
    8pm-400
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks (sometimes 3 if I'm hungry after dinner still). I have 1200 calories a day and do an hour of cardio atleast 3 times per week. I will try to eat back most of my calories but I am so full on the days I work out because I feel like I just eat all day long to try to get those calories back. Seems weird to me to burn off the calories just to eat them back anyways!

Maybe try eating just half of them back for a little bit and see how it goes. Since MFP calories out is estimated pretty high for most excercise in its data base you should be ok eating half.

Good luck finding what works for you! :drinker:
  • andrejjorje
    andrejjorje Posts: 497 Member
    No of meals per day is irrelevant. The lower the calorie intake the more ridiculous is to eat 2-300 calories/meal.
    Eat 2-3 times / 400-600 cals or eat when you're hungry. No rules. Watch the total no. of calories and macros. That's it.
  • I eat 5 meals a day with small snacks in between for around 1800 calories a day.

Here is the setup I have been using most recently:

8am - 2 brown eggs with slice of whole grain toast and tbsp of ketchup - 250 cals
    9:30 am - Small snack 50-70 cals
    11 am - Shake 350 cals
    12:30 pm - Small snack 50-70 cals
    2 pm - Shake 350 cals
    3:30 pm Small Snack 50-70 cals
    5 pm - Shake 350 cals
    8 pm - Shake 350 cals

Shakes consist of 1 scoop EAS Chocolate Whey, 1 tbsp PB2 Choc, 1 banana, 1 cup skim milk - combine in blender. Small snacks in between are either single cup of fresh fruit or fresh raw veggies, or 70 calorie mozzarella string cheese sticks. I exercise minimum of 1 hour per day and take a multivitamin and an iron supplement. Energy level is great, weight loss is great, hunger is minimal.

It's always fun when I go shopping for the week and buy 30 or more bananas... I tell the cashier I ordered a monkey off the internet and now I have to feed it. :laugh:
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm sticking to a 1500 calorie/day diet - no "eating back" exercise calories. I modified the carbs to less and the protein to more to help build lean muscle and get rid of the belly that's been hanging around since my 3rd child was born 6 years ago. I have 3 meals and 2-3 snacks daily. Breakfast is 300 (eaten within 1/2 hour after getting up to boost metabolism. Lunch & Dinner are 400 calories, the snacks make up the rest of it. I'm losing about 1.5 lbs a week, which is where I want to be.
  • How many of you eat multiple meals throughout the day? What are your calories goals for each meal? What type of foods do you eat?

Feel free to add me as a friend and check out my diary.....