BIO nerds

Options

Replies

• _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Wouldnt really say Im a bio nerd, but shorta have to being a pharmacy student
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    so, my awesome-science-teacher story: My general chem prof, who was one of the most popular chem teachers, always hard to get in his classes- was this totally awesome middle-aged short British guy. loved the accent. one day he wore a shirt with the periodic table on it. He shut off the lights, and the radioactive elements glowed. :happy:

Lemme' see if I get this picture correct.

You're chem teacher was illuminating the bottom middle of his display? :embarassed:

His shirt was glow-in-the-dark.
  • msessRN
    Options
    I am an RN and love science! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other! Good luck on your goals and be proud of yourself that you have taken the first step!
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    I love biology! :) I also work at a veterinary pathology lab. Feel free to add me!

I work in a veterinary diagnostic pathology lab! How funny! :) I love all things anatomy/physiology.
  • shotallican
    Options
    Where are you getting your MS in genetics?
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Human Biology student here :-)
  • cPT_Helice
    Options
    Lol, I have no idea what to post here. I just signed up and apparently people do better when they connect with people on these sites. Anyway, if you like to talk science (anything but chemistry) we should chat :D

hahaha..... I'm a chemist so I'm out! ;)
  • shotallican
    Options
    And there's nothing wrong with chemists, my best friend is a chemistry major, its just so much harder than any other science (that I've taken)((which isnt an impressive amount)) So, I applaud you chemists, but secretly, im jealous

http://xkcd.com/520/
  • Chameleone
    Chameleone Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Looove Bio. On my way to becoming a biology teacher. But I'm mostly interested in the human body stuff...
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Where are all the computer scientists? :(
  • penelepurr
    penelepurr Posts: 204 Member
    Options

not quoted, so I'm not sure if this is my question, though it applies, so I am at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. I applied for their PhD program (might go towards pharmacology), and I also have a job interview to work at a lab at UVA studying motor nerve regeneration. so we'll see how it goes :)
  • penelepurr
    Options
    And there's nothing wrong with chemists, my best friend is a chemistry major, its just so much harder than any other science (that I've taken)((which isnt an impressive amount)) So, I applaud you chemists, but secretly, im jealous

haha nice!
  • shotallican
    Options

not quoted, so I'm not sure if this is my question, though it applies, so I am at Virginia Commonwealth University in Richmond, VA. I applied for their PhD program (might go towards pharmacology), and I also have a job interview to work at a lab at UVA studying motor nerve regeneration. so we'll see how it goes :)

Oh thats so cool, I'm going to vcu in the fall for my bs, but hopefully for their medical school afterwards. That would be amazing if you got the job at UVA, good luck :)
  • penelepurr
    Options
    Are you sure you aren't a clone of me? I love science on all scales but chemical. Cellular is great, atomic is great, chemical is BLEH. :flowerforyou:

Oh, obviously a science nerd. My profile pictures are full of my microscopy.

is that top left picture.......myelinated axons? :drinker: I've spent a lot of time counting images like that recently.

Actually, LabRat's picture has neurons. My images are all of the same slide at different magnifications. It's actually a cross-section of a testis. Seminiferous tubules are beautiful, no?

haha totally :)
  • shotallican
    Options

here is the picture of the link cuttlefish.png

trololol, thank you PU, I couldn't get it to post the picture. I somehow always manage to attach that to a presentation I give in science classes. One of the better webcomics
  • penelepurr
    Options

Oh thats so cool, I'm going to vcu in the fall for my bs, but hopefully for their medical school afterwards. That would be amazing if you got the job at UVA, good luck :)

oh awesome! thanks, good luck with your studies as well :)
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Where are all the computer scientists? :(

>30yrs. in IT here.
  • penelepurr
    Options
    this is one of my favorite jokes

crap it's too long. here's the link
    http://science.kukuchew.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/fields-arranged-by-purity.png

fields-arranged-by-purity.png

love that one!
  • jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm a biologist, and probably old enough to be your mom....just a bio/geek none the less! I was a wetland ecologist for 20 years until I was layed off and now I'm loving my new job...geospatial analyst. Feel free to add me, as I'm on each day tracking away.
  • becktoriatralala
    becktoriatralala Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    YAAAYYYY I lurrvvv science! I teach my 7th graders all about it....my goal is to turn them all into science geeks! They are so good at asking questions. They aren't aftraid of anything. Hopefully I can help them learn how to find the answers in ways other than just an Internet search...and our Science Olympiad tournament is tomorrow....