What is your biggest pet peeve at the gym

Options

Replies

• traycee3
    traycee3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    People who come into Zumba class and stand RIGHT beside me like we are REALLY going to be able to move around with them standing right on top of me! LOL
  • KLK1986
    Options
    The 110# women who walk at 2 mph on the treadmill for 45 min

When people immediately judge people at the gym without knowing their story.

^^This! I call those people 'gym snobs'. Unfortunately, there are a TON of them in the world.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    mine is the people that are too cheap to buy a lock for the locker, so they carry all of their stuff with them out to the gym floor. normally not a big deal, they stick it into some open corner and its not it the way. but some people are so paranoid they can't be more then a foot away from their little pile of crap. moving it next to them from machine to machine.

and today, someone was completely spread out in the stretching area. her stuff was against the wall, off to the side, and she was on the other end, stretching. at least, i think she was stretching. it looked like she was doing a tap dancing routine as a warm up. so whatever, i wasn't going to get right next to her, so i went to stretch in the only open area: right in front of her bag, coat, pants, etc. she went to collect her stuff after i was their for about twenty seconds, and shot me a dirty look.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    People talking to their friends bout boys, booze etc while on the treadmill, I don't care.

The guy who was at PF last weekend who just sat on a bike and watched TV and then moved to a different bike to watch TV (the bikes with their own TVs), it was actually busy I would've said something.

This guy I see every weekend but have NEVER seen work out. He talks to everyone and is very LOUD
  • verysherri2006
    verysherri2006 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I got a ton of them tonight. (Just left the gym)
    People who don't take the word, "MINE!!" as a valid signature for the sign-up sheet.
    So, they erase it and try to convience me that I didn't sign up for it...
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Women who don't sweat.
    I know, it's petty, but I am always drenched and I don't think it is fair that other women don't suffer from this affliction. How do you get through an hour of Zumba and NOT look like you just bathed in your clothes??
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    People who don't sanitize the machines when done with them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

^^This! I call those people 'gym snobs'. Unfortunately, there are a TON of them in the world.

The 110 lb woman is doing much better than those sitting on the couch eh? She is still working out anyway. Not sure why someone would care how fast someone is going o.O at least they are doing something
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    The only real pet peeve I have is when people don't rack their weights.
    Also, I can lift pretty heavy for my size and when I get ready I get like 3 guys coming to help "spot" me. I got it. Thanks. lol xD

Otherwise nothing really gets under my skin. People normally clean the machines at the rec luckily!
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Definitely people who snap their gum right beside me on the treadmill and people who don't wear deodorant..like seriously you are here to sweat! So gross!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

My thoughts exactly.
    I have shattered cartilidge in my knees, when i first started going to the gym, walking 2mph was how I started. Would you rather have me stayed home and not worked out at all?
    Would it make the treadmill any less occupied if they were running?
    Regardless if they are walking or running it's still occupied by someone who is getting exercise.

NOW
    for my peeve

people doing floor exercise right in front of the "ball squats" wall when there are plenty of other areas to do so. There aren't however, other spots that have nothing on the wall to do ball squats. Hence the GIANT sign saying "DESIGNATED BALL SQUAT AREA"
  • BethanyJoSmith
    BethanyJoSmith Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • Joannguido
    Options
    People on the equipment either reading a magazine or on the phone and barely moving the equipment!!!!!! Drives me nuts, my gym time is like a mini vacation, no phones, no kids.
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    People who don't put their weights back when they're done with them! You're motivated enough to work out, but too lazy to put your things away? Sheesh!!!

There's a note at our gym above the weights "if you're strong enough to use the weights, you're strong enough to put them away" :laugh:
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I don't want your germs, please wipe down your treadmill and weight machines.
    Also, of you are on the next weight machine, work it or get off. Don't sit and watch me do my reps. I'm gonna want to move on afterwards so get your hiney in gear!
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ppl who pass gas OMG lol

Totally guilty of this, BUT ONLY ONCE I SWEAR!!! I was doing leg presses and I did warn my trainer it "might' happen.
    so embarrasing.:embarassed: :ohwell:
  • kahdxoom
    kahdxoom Posts: 129
    Options
    WEARING PERFUMES AND HEAVY COLOGNES!!! TAKE A SHOWER, NUMBSKULLS!
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I got a ton of them tonight. (Just left the gym)
    People who don't take the word, "MINE!!" as a valid signature for the sign-up sheet.
    So, they erase it and try to convience me that I didn't sign up for it...
    One of my biggest pet peeves would be people who write "MINE!!". Anyone could justify that was theirs. How hard is it to write your damn name?
  • TammyW18
    TammyW18 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    People NOT wiping down their machines!
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    Ppl who pass gas OMG lol

^^but while I'm 30 mins into a 65 min cardio session and can't just walk away.:sick: