how long as it take u ???

Options

Replies

• spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 pounds in the past few weeks but my loss has slowed down.

As what what was stated earlier, use the same scale at the same time.
    If you use more than one scale you will have different readings. If the scales are good they will all show about the same amount lost.
    Another thing to remember is what you are wearing when you step on the scale, different clothing and footwear can have a weight difference.
    I use a decent digital scale and weigh in buck naked at nearly the same time everyday.
  • southrider
    southrider Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've lost 19 lbs since 1/2/12, but I still have 100+ to go. Good luck to everyone and congrats on all the healthy changes being made!
  • anna_love
    Options
    Thank u everyone who reply it is really heplful (:
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    100 in 3 1/2 years. Did it slowly
  • lbollinger10
    lbollinger10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IT'S NOT HOW YOU START, IT'S HOW YOU FINISH!

As long as you are working hard, you will get to your goal! Everyone loses weight their own way. If you are working out a lot, you could be gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat, but takes up less room in your body. Don't be a slave to your scale, you could be losing inches all over too! You will start seeing results soon. Don't give up!
  • Pamela259
    Pamela259 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hi, im a mum of 3 boys im 5"1 i weigh 153lb when i started in january i wieghed 161 so ive lost 8 lbs in 7 weeks which is about a pound a week. please dont be disheartened it is good to go at a slow pace it means we are more likely to keep it off.
    good luck ,Pamela.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    You have done great!!

I've been on MFP for almost a year now and JUST passed 30lbs. I even had a three month time period where I hardly lost ANYTHING... like 1 or 2lbs max. Cheer up! You also might be doing it better, with improved muscle mass verses that shrinking too.

Can you imagine how I've felt where at times I'd only lost 20lbs in 8 months (32 weeks), and wouldn't move? These days hit us, but its where MFP is so important, you have friends like me to keep your chin up. :)

Also, that 6lb difference could easily be a variance in the scales PLUS hydration/food.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    48 lbs so far, but a long way to go. Started 4th Jan so that is 6 weeks.
  • liliannahope
    Options
    I have lost 22lbs since beginning of jan but i didnt join MFP straight away since I joined here 15lbs as of today but then I am very large and started at 290lbs and I have been doing the gym like crazy since i joined it this year got a wedding to get ready for in three more years(mine) !! good luck hun keep at it everyone is different
  • anna_love
    Options
    :") thank u everyone I read each and every comment of u guys and all I can say is thank u sooooo much it's really helps to have people like all of u to help when a friend is feeling down !! Thanks everyone for the motivesion it's really helps a lot :heart:
    I also wish everyone one of u A Good Luck in ur goals (:

Love ur friend Anna:flowerforyou:
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    since i joined 5 weeks ago... i have lost just over 9lbs... but i am happy with that considering i have never stuck to anything before, for more than 2 weeks... they do say that slow and steady wins the race :) so dont feel bad.. any loss is great to see
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    10kg in 10weeks with MFP
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    30 lbs. in 7 days! BEAT THAT!!!! :bigsmile:
    but yah it's slowed down since my start. it's not a race. 170 lost in 2 yrs and 2 months. got another 95 to go. goal is 220 lbs.
  • anna_love
    Options
    30 in 7 days wow how did u do that's lol ? Well that is great (:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    30 in 7 days wow how did u do that's lol ? Well that is great (:

it was when I first started. being almost 500 lbs. and finding out I had diabetes type II I quit soda pop cold turkey Dec. 2009. That 1st week was my biggest loss of 30 lbs. . I haven't had a double digit loss in 1 week since then except for 1 week during the Summer of 2010.

I had vacation time planned to go visit friends in San Diego but unfortunately because of work I couldn't go. I was sad and moped for 1 week. Did no exercise, ate crap, still logged and stayed within my calories most of the days. I ended up losing 9.5 lbs almost 10 in those 7 days. lol the human body is crazy at times. I average between 1 lb - 3 lb. a week usually. I don't mind, I prefer slow and steady.
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I first lost 42 lb in 5 months doing slimming world, but stopped going and put 28lb back on in a year :sad:
    Now I have lost 32lb since July 2011. I gained some over Christmas, but am back on track now :smile:
    You can do it, just keep going and it will come off! :flowerforyou:
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    28lbs in about a year. I'm a slow loser, and it is hard not to get discouraged and frustrated. Just keep at it, and it will come off. :)
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 56 pounds in about 17 months. Lots of people have done far more in less time but I dont see this as a race its a lifetime change and as long as I lose a little each week Im good. Ive got a long way to to but Ill get there im not particularly bothered by how long it takes me
    youll do it sweetie dont give up xx
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself? Sometimes measuring gives you a better picture of your lose. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    First of all... keep in mind you don't know how many people are weighing themselves at the gym and when their scale was last calibrated. I don't weigh myself at the gym... only at home. First, because I like to weigh myself in my skivvies and before I eat... at the gym you are clothed with running shoes on and depending on the time of day you have probably eaten something... this alone can show a difference of up to 5 pounds. Don't freak out about that difference... you should weigh yourself on your own scale only. Also, stop comparing yourself to your friend... we are all made perfectly different for a reason... rejoice in YOUR own accomplishments and support her in hers... ;0)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!