Does it bother you when people take your food?

Options
13»

Replies

• lovinbeinold
    Options
    I don't like it. It's not the calories, etc., it's the germs. I don't want someone else's bacteria in my food. If they do take something, make sure they touch only that bite, nothing more. Also, it just seems wrong, like trespassing somehow. I would not be likely to take food off someone else's plate.

The only times I did not mind were when it was my babies. AND one other time when we had this very strange friend. When we'd get together she never bought food. She'd get upset if we offered to buy her meal. She'd say, "I'll just share off yours." And she meant it. If there were 10 of us eating, she'd eat off eat least 5 plates. We all just let it happen. She was hungry, and too proud to let us buy her food. Yet, she wasn't too proud to eat off our plates. Like I said, she was a bit of an oddball. Everyone has their idiosyncrasies. We accepted her as she was, quirky and odd, but really interesting.

Oh, and she didn't touch any of the other food on the plates, just the bite she wanted.
  • apesid
    apesid Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I used to be like that... until I had kids. I can't remember the last time I had a meal that I didn't have to share. lol
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    My kids steal my food all the time. The only problem is I replace what they steal and I end up eating more than I originally planned. You also end up eating your kids' leftovers. It's part of the reason why kids make you fatter LOL
  • radosti1
    radosti1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My kids could have the exact same thing on their plate and they eat my food, from my plate. The 6 year old not so much, but the 3.5 year old and the 2 year old, forget it. The 2 year old then gets pissy if I try to take some food back. Last night, I got a bowl of rice with my chinese order and she took it. No way was she going to eat it all, so I scooped some into my spicy meal. I swear she almost stabbed my hand with her fork.
  • fatgirlzrule2
    fatgirlzrule2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of when I was a kid and my mom would take me to McDonald's. It was when the McLean was a big thing (McDonald's "healthy" burger...haha). Mom would order her McLean and I would always get a happy meal. She'd end up eating half my fries, which pissed me off cuz they were MINE, but even then I knew that if you were eating a McLean you shouldn't be eating the fries! LOL
    But yes, if people eat off my plate or give you those puppy dog eyes about what you're eating in the breakroom at work, it annoys me....I am VERY strict with my food....EVERYTHING is weighed, so giving some up changes the calories. My husband and I will give each other small bites of a new concoction we've made, but that is where the sharing ends. I mean, I LOVE food. I didn't get this fat by NOT loving food!
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. But I grew up in a family where we'd all get different dishes (at a restaurant) and then we'd all try each others food. It would really bother my ex when I would want to taste his dish when we'd go out, so eventually I stopped asking. But I never stopped asking him if he wanted to try mine. I couldn't break the habit of offering even though he always replied hatefully, "If I'd wanted that, I would have ordered it." The hateful part is why he's my ex...
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year-old and a 16 month-old.....enough said. LOL!

me too although 5 and 2 hehe
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    That sends me up the wall!! Im careful with all my measurments and when they eat off my plate They mess up my measurments so i cant even change it in MFP and my family/friends take huge bites!
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    it depends on who is taking my food :D there are a few people that i tend to share my foods with when eating out, an they share theirs, so I dont care that much.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    It is rude and annoying in most cases. My family would be the only exception, but even that has limits.

I have a coworker who sniffs everything, and asks me regularly if she can "smell my lunch".

WTF? She's not kidding. I have to find a way to get away from this woman, she is going to send me over the edge one day.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    depends on who. I have little nieces and they have no filter from "me like food" to "me take food without asking" lol, like literally just grab it off my plate or out of my hand. so that doesn't bother me, I'll share

actually I am that annoying person who would just take food off your plate, and then a few years ago I realized how rude that was and couldn't even believe I did that. although I will say my brother did that to me, and our family didn't eat out as I was growing up so I had a learning curve, lol

but typically I offer whatever I have so that eliminates someone taking anything
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Damn....this is something I do a lot. My family always shared meals so when we would go out to restaurants it was like we all ordered as a family so we could try a little bit of everything....and that habit never left me. It would bug the Hell out of my boyfriend too...so I learned to always ask. And it's always a give and take. Like I'll give you you this little piece if you give me that little piece. That's how me and my bro always ate....since forever.

I will say this though....I would NEVER ask or try unless I had a really good relationship with the person, such as family, best friend, and my boyfriend.
    This exactly...
  • KLK1986
    Options
    It annoys me if I have my meal all portioned out and calorie counted....then it's like "grrr! I have to refigure it!" lol

This! My fiance tries this all the time. If I mention I counted the cals already he sort of rolls his eyes.....but I also have Type 1 diabetes so if I mention I already dosed my insulin for my food he's much less likely to steal off my plate. Glad I have that to fall back on, lol!
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Yes , is my food and if is my plate that means I want to eat it.

But it bothers me more when I ask you if you want to eat or want me to prepare you something and you say no, but the moment I seat to eat you suddenly want to have a bite from my plate or taste it.

No ,don't touch my plate .
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like to steal carrots.....
  • Lambiii
    Lambiii Posts: 321
    Options
    doesnt.jpg
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    only if i measured it, and someone taking some food would mess with my calculations. have as much veggies as you like though, because i don't count those anyway. i'll just get more, if i'm still hungry. :laugh:
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me. But I grew up in a family where we'd all get different dishes (at a restaurant) and then we'd all try each others food. It would really bother my ex when I would want to taste his dish when we'd go out, so eventually I stopped asking. But I never stopped asking him if he wanted to try mine. I couldn't break the habit of offering even though he always replied hatefully, "If I'd wanted that, I would have ordered it." The hateful part is why he's my ex...

I need to work on that myself. My wife tells me my face always says something totally different than the "no thank you" that comes out of my mouth. I'm getting way better. Im kinda glad to know that I'm not the only person in the world that has trouble with it.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    It doesn't bother me if i'm not strictly watching my calories....but if i'm watching my calories real close, then hellz ya get off my plate haha