Is she crazy?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Im sorry I had my tooth pulled yesterday, and I didn't want to take pain med's cause of breathing problems so I was acting like a b word last night, sorry for my comments, I hope you forgive me and have a good day :flowerforyou:

Hope your tooth is better soon!
    I'm not the OP, but I was first taken aback by your words - then I realized, it just meant that you have never been exposed to an in-law that can literally drive you to pulling out your own hair. Consider yourself very very blessed! ... and if you want a dose of the other, I can give my ex-mil your phone number. She'd LOVE to have someone else to talk to. Daily. If not more. *gulp.
  • jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her that your tummy is full of as much air as her head is?

Haha, sorry.

She's being silly. Sounds like you're going to have to develop some hefty selective hearing around her. =\

^^THIS.

Some people are just toxic. I'd consider the source and keep doing what you know is right.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    She is crazy, and jealous and does not want you to succed because she would bnot be able to and if you did it would make her look bad and feel bad - So because she gave you that BS, i would work my *kitten* off so that is e=xactly what would happen and then look at her and say hum, you must have swallowed alot of air, what a bunch of crap!!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Let your haters be your motivators :happy:
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    M suggestion would be not to discuss health issues with her as she sounds like a big road block to your success. Search out others to be supportive. Surround yourself with positive people. Perhaps your MIL can be your go to the movie person or something besides walks and conversation. Or simple tell you you do not want to discuss weight.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I weight 172lbs & people don't believe me that I weight more than 140 :/
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Because there is air in your tummy?

I'm sorry....
    What?

I mean i"m not a doctor.
    But do you know what happens when you swallow air? you burp. It doesn't stay inside you locked up like the town criminal!
  • csquirrel
    Options
    I feel your pain. In spite of my telling my Mother that I have given up junk food and am working hard to get back in shape and lose the weight she insists on offering me cake, cookies, etc. and then acts as a guilt merchant..."but I know how much you like them and I made them just for you". After listening to her I realize that it's her way of saying 'to give you food is to love you' or 'I just don't feel needed if I can't stuff you with fatty food'. It's not my issue at all that's the problem it's her own. She also is a little jealous that I am sticking to my goals and that she has been going up and down the scale and wants some company in her misery...sorry I can't help you there Mom. My choice is for me...no matter what you say.
  • Linalaila
    Options
    Your MIL sounds like a very silly woman indeed!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Unless she has some kind of medical qualification, I would take what she said with a pinch of salt and carry on with the great work you've been doing. Don't let the negativity put you off!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow. That's crazy. Lol. Luckily I have amazing parents in law that are nothing but supportive. I'd love to look smaller than I am. Also well done to the lasy who apologised. Very good of you to come back and do that! Takes a strong person to do that... X