Replies

• JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I still find it hard to accept complements on the weight loss because I don't want to get complacent ever. Nick Saban once said about success, "that's the paradox success, once you stop to enjoy it, you stop having it." I know that eventually I will get to my GW, but I don't want to let myself slack off until I reach it. I need to learn to accept others' complements, but not let myself get comfortable until I reach my GW. Thank you all again for the kind words and encouragement.
  • yocherries
    Options
    Congrats on the loss, you look great!
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing! Thanks for sharing your success. Good luck!
  • summerlancaster
    Options
    Amazing! Gives me motivation to keep going!
  • kaileysgran
    Options
    wow, what an inspiration to all of us. Your daughter is precious!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! Congrats!
  • Julieothree
    Julieothree Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! that is so amazing! you look great!
  • wifeydevine
    wifeydevine Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? I am in the process of having weight loss surgery, jumping through the insurance hoops at the moment..
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? I am in the process having weight loss surgery, jumping through the insurance hoops at the moment..

Realized that I had an addiction issue. I had replaced God in my heart with food and decided to reverse the order. I still need renewing daily, but I use MFP to track my exercise and calories. I made up my mind that I was going to do this and I have made progress but I am not at my goal yet. You just have to make it a complete lifestyle change. For so long I thought diets were temporary and that one I lost the weight, I could go back to eating what I wanted. I still eat things I want, just not in the amount. I eat healthy but if I'm craving a cheeseburger, I'll have one. Just not a cheeseburger, large fries and large soft drink, and then do it again the next day. Its about sticking with a lifestyle that you can live with. I would strongly consider another route before surgery, i know it can be hopeless, but trust me, I am proof that anyone can do it. You have to be willing to put in the work and effort to see the results, there is no magic bullet. From what I understand most surgeries aren't successful in the long run. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I'm encouraging you to make sure that this is the route you want to take. Hope this helps.
  • energy4life
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic, you did it! You look amazing!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a difference! You are stinkin' CUTE! Your face kinda reminds me of John Mayer!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! Fantastic job!!
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow!! well done!! and 13 months too! thats good going.. true inspiration!
  • steelersfamily6
    steelersfamily6 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, this is such an inspiration. I too will post more as I lose. I would like to post one or two pics every month or at least make a portfolio for when I do reach my goal. Thank you again!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you look great - and at least 10 years younger - great job ..... and good luck with the last bit (I am in the same boat)...
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    congrats man! that's great work
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    How did you do it? I am in the process having weight loss surgery, jumping through the insurance hoops at the moment..

Realized that I had an addiction issue. I had replaced God in my heart with food and decided to reverse the order. I still need renewing daily, but I use MFP to track my exercise and calories. I made up my mind that I was going to do this and I have made progress but I am not at my goal yet. You just have to make it a complete lifestyle change. For so long I thought diets were temporary and that one I lost the weight, I could go back to eating what I wanted. I still eat things I want, just not in the amount. I eat healthy but if I'm craving a cheeseburger, I'll have one. Just not a cheeseburger, large fries and large soft drink, and then do it again the next day. Its about sticking with a lifestyle that you can live with. I would strongly consider another route before surgery, i know it can be hopeless, but trust me, I am proof that anyone can do it. You have to be willing to put in the work and effort to see the results, there is no magic bullet. From what I understand most surgeries aren't successful in the long run. I'm not trying to discourage you, but I'm encouraging you to make sure that this is the route you want to take. Hope this helps.

PREACH
  • rsouthland
    Options
    That is quite the transformation. Super job, well done.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    In the spirit of your posts- You're doing great so far. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!