Coffee mug cake (with Nutella)

Options
christibam
christibam Posts: 478 Member
I LOVE this for something quick when I'm craving cake. The calories differ depending on what type of cake mix you use and if you put anything on top of it or not.

Take 1 box of Angel Food cake and 1 box of whatever other flavor cake mix you want (I chose double chocolate) and mix them together in a big Tupperware container.

Take 3 TBSP cake mix
2 TBSP water

Mix in a coffee mug until saturated and microwave for 1 minute. (3-2-1!!!) I forget where this recipe came from. Somewhere online.

BAM! You have cake.

The mix I used is 168 calories for one cake. This time I added 1 TBSP Nutella because it was a reward for hitting my first goal. I also added 2 TBSP fat free whipped cream. It was 288 calories for everything pictured.

417767_395315210485857_100000221446439_1791039_1918054240_n.jpg

Replies

• kristi_asco
    Options
    yummy that looks delicious !!! & congrats for reaching your first goal !
  • cr21
    cr21 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    bump
  • christibam
    Options
    yummy that looks delicious !!! & congrats for reaching your first goal !

It was amaaaaaaazing! lol I had never had Nutella before and I bought this saying I would save it to have 1 TBSP when I hit 265. My husband and his friend even wanted one after I made it. They were so skeptical about me making cake in the microwave but they agreed it was great.

And thank you. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Shoot...I drooled on my keyboard!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I was just googling mug cake today! Soo glad you posted this... I was very discouraged that the recipe I entered into MFP was over 1000 cal. Nice to have a better alternative. What kind of mix did you use, if you don't mind?
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    hoooooooly nom. that looks super yummy!
  • christibam
    Options
    I *think* it was Duncan Hines. First box was Angel Food cake and the other was double chocolate something or other. Really, you can use any brand as long as there's Angel Food cake apparently. I don't know why and I haven't tried it without it since this is only the 2nd time I've made it.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ok! This looks so good. I would never bake a cake to have around, but 1 serving sounds great. Thanks for the post.
  • jarswalk
    Options
    Thanks for this post. I am going to try it!
  • jeannicoleau
    jeannicoleau Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    bump
  • kaileysgran
    Options
    This looks so good. I can't buy nutella lol because it's just like crack for me. I could eat the whole jar! Good for you, you can stop with only one.
  • CathVan
    CathVan Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Looks great... thanks for sharing!
  • nicreynolds
    Options
    That looks delicious!!! I'll have to try it...thanks for sharing.
  • christibam
    Options
    This looks so good. I can't buy nutella lol because it's just like crack for me. I could eat the whole jar! Good for you, you can stop with only one.

This is the first time I've ever had Nutella! Luckily, I'm doing great with my self control lately. :) The great thing about this is that you can have a small portion of cake whenever you want instead of baking a whole cake or even having a whole slice. It should stay in a Tupperware container for a pretty long time as long as it's sealed.

You can top it with pretty much anything too! I might use strawberries next week.
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    bumping.
  • Rscrappy
    Options
    bump
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    that is ridiculous!!!!! I have to try that.