Not losing anything

Options
I'm 5'1 and 327lb I am eating 1100-1200 calories a day for the last 3 weeks and am not losing any weight??

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    That's amazing
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound right, for your weight you should be eating a lot more than that?? if you open your diary up I can have a look for you and make some suggestions...:o)
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 327lb I am eating 1100-1200 calories a day for the last 3 weeks and am not losing any weight??

I'm 5'8" and started off at 332 and MFP gave me 1750 calories to start. That was to lose 2 lbs a wk. Something doesn't sound right.
  • Poemetra
    Poemetra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am almost the same as you. I am 200 something 5'2 and I haven't lost either. I have been at this for months. I have been exercising more recently and I eat healthy. I am at a loss because I don't know what to do. I keep gaining and losing the same 4 pounds. I thought I was supposed to lose because I was obese. I guess my body didn't get the memo.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4, just over 200, haven't eaten over 1200 in 7 weeks, and for the past fortnight or so have been GAINING, so I totally understand your frustration. It seems really unfair doesn't it - especially when everyone else seems to get such fantastic results.
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You should be eating more calories. 1200 seems way too low for you. If you eat more calories and continue exercising your metabolism will increase and you will loose weight, unless you have a thyroid problem.
  • lucyce85
    Options
    I've made it public
  • lucyce85
    Options
    I got given 1890 cals but don't know how I can eat that many and keep it healthy?
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    What do you mean by "keep it healthy"? Eating too few calories isn't healthy. And in any case, whatever you're doing clearly isn't working for you. Perhaps you should try things the way MFP suggests for a while, then see what sort progress you make.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It's hard to get yourself out of the mindset that the less calories you take in, the more weight you will lose. For some people 1200 calories does work for a while, but for others it seems they need far more than this to keep their body going.

I would look at it this way - eating 1200 hasn't been working, so try something new for a few weeks. Go with the calories MFP sets you and see how you get on.

You certainly won't gain as that number will be significantly below your maintenance level. Good luck with it, I hope it changes for you soon!
  • ohmywonwon
    Options
    I tried eating at 1200 calories for the first couple months I was on here and that didn't work no matter how much effort I put in. Then I upped my calories, and I even had cheat days and the weight started coming off. For me it's coming off slow, but at least it's coming off. Try upping your calories for a month and see if that changes anything. Maybe try a different workout as well? Because for me personally if I do the same workout all the time my body gets used to it and then it sort of becomes ineffective in a way, so I try and incorporate a few different workouts here and there to keep my body guessing and working hard.
  • rutkowsm
    rutkowsm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try to eat below your TDEE and above your BMR. If you need help figuring out how to calculate what your TDEE and BMR are, I'd use the Military Body Fat calculator on the Fat2Fit Radio website to determine your body fat percentage, and use that information to plug into their BMR calculator.

It's working for me (and I'd tried almost everything before this), and it's definitely worth a try.
  • lucyce85
    Options
    With what I'm eating I'm not hungry, what sort of things can I eat to increase my calories?
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    None at all? You sure about that? Your ticker says otherwise
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Looking at you diary, you def need more fruit and veg - u should try to be healthy as well as slim. Your not noting down water consumption either. And be wary of weightwatchers foods, they are very processed and high in sugar. Good luck :)
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I got given 1890 cals but don't know how I can eat that many and keep it healthy?
    Congratulations for having the determination to stick with it given what you have been eating, you must be so hungry! Looking at your diary, MFP gave you 1890 for a reason, that's what you should be aiming for. Try to add some vegetables to your meals, and some fruit at breakfast. You also need a couple of snacks per day, try raisins, oat biscuits, snack o jacks or other fruit/veg. You are also not recording your water intake. Make sure you are drinking plenty.8-10 glasses per day.

Good luck!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others - you're not eating enough fruit and veggies. Despite what others will tell you, 1200 CAN BE DONE - providing you eat wisely. Your welcome to take a look at my diary and see how much I eat for 1200 calories - and I still have energy to run 10kms or participate in a fast cardio or heavy weights session at the gym 5 days a week.

Sure, you might be able to eat McDonalds and frozen meals and still be within your calorie goal - but your probably going to be a lot hungrier and a lot unhealthier by doing so. You havent marked down your water intake - are you getting 8-10 glasses perday? Water is necessary for metobolic processing - water is needed for just about every chemical reaction in your body.

Are you also weighing your food and logging everything?

This can be done, with patience and a level headed approach you will succeed!
  • lucyce85
    Options
    Thanks I'm going to try some of these this week defiantly the water that's definitely a downfall for me I only have around 2 drinks a day! ( not good I know!) I don't really have time to be hungry with the boys and work it's hard to fit in the right foods and enough of them! Will keep going I'm very determined to succeed!
  • jez26
    jez26 Posts: 13
    Options
    omg i typed a huge post and it's not there. :(

I definately agree with the girls up your cals sensibly. Water is so crucial If don't drink 2lts + per day my weight goes nowhere! Are you currently exercising? I have hit a plateu or so I thought after losing 26kgs last year but it turns out it's coz wasn't exercising enough or pushing myself hard enough! I thought 3 days a week would be enough, well it was to start with, but now I should be exercising about 5-6 days a week to see the results I want to achieve.

If your interested i'm more than happy to share with you what I eat in my day. :)

Your plate for your main meals should be 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbs & 1/2 salad or vege. :)

Jess x
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    even little things, like at the start of the week you could easily make a huge pot of vegetable soup for your lunches. Cheap,quick, heatlthy, no preservatives!