Options

Replies

• oawalton
    Options
    Bump
  • KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Throw frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker with salsa (NO water needed) in the morning. When you get home shred them with a fork, add some fat free sourcream, and stir. I use this mixture in tortillas, to make chicken enchiladas, over salad, and my husband grabs a fork and eats it cold out of the refrigerator.

Great idea. I'm going to try this!
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bump.....lots I gotta try
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    I cook a pack at a time in a grill pan at least once a week and then add it to whatever else I'm eating: salad, egg scramble, veggies, fajitas etc. Mrs. dash chicken flavor is yummy and just last night I tried Mrs. dash fiesta lime: no salt and delicious!!
  • caehudson
    caehudson Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Take boneless skinless chicken breast marinate in fat free italian dressing all day. Take olive oil and lightly cover bottom of grill pan. Let pan get hot. Place chicken breast in bottom of pan. Sprinkle parsley, basil, salt and pepper on each side of chicken. Cook until done. Serve with a salad and vegetables. You can also cook the chicken on a bbq or gas grill. Delicious.
  • rockabillydarlin
    rockabillydarlin Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Erika_Ecka
    Erika_Ecka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • womaninashoe6
    Options
    bump
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BSNtobeach
    Options
    great recipes everyone!!! Now I'm hungry. Lol.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    bump
  • sydneebd34
    sydneebd34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
    YUM!
  • adzjuz
    Options
    I always make chicken! Bump

Fajitas
    chicken breast
    red and green bell peppers
    onion
    salt for taste or Adobo Goya
    you can add extra peppers, jalapenos for extra spice

I cut the chicken breast in strips and cook in olive oil, once its half way cooked i add the veggies. Serve it on a low calorie wrap. YOu can add sour cream, salsa or even some avocado. Yummy! You can measure the cooked chicken before adding to the wrap and also calculate any condiments added to the wrap., overall a satisfying meal.
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    bump
  • Stacyls23
    Options
    Bump
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I have been buying chicken breasts in bulk and slicing them in half to get 4oz portions. I then freeze what I need for a meal and write the name of the recipe I want to use it on the bag. This saves me time later and I don't have to say crap chicken again? lol I have a heart healthy cookbook from betty crocker and I've been trying different chicken recipes. This is a really good one:
    Oven Fried Chicken
    1 cup bread crumbs (italian sesoned)
    1/4 smart balance (melted)
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    6 - 4 oz boneless skinless breasts

- Preheat oven to 425
    - spray pan with olive oil cooking spray
    - Dip chicken in melted butter then dredge in bread crumbs
    - Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes or until no longer pink

I do this with strips also and make a homemade honey mustard sauce for the kids.
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    BUMP!

I have been buying chicken breasts in bulk and slicing them in half to get 4oz portions. I then freeze what I need for a meal and write the name of the recipe I want to use it on the bag. This saves me time later and I don't have to say crap chicken again? lol I have a heart healthy cookbook from betty crocker and I've been trying different chicken recipes. This is a really good one:
    Oven Fried Chicken
    1 cup bread crumbs (italian sesoned)
    1/4 smart balance (melted)
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp. pepper
    6 - 4 oz boneless skinless breasts

- Preheat oven to 425
    - spray pan with olive oil cooking spray
    - Dip chicken in melted butter then dredge in bread crumbs
    - Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, flip and bake another 10 minutes or until no longer pink

I do this with strips also and make a homemade honey mustard sauce for the kids.

1 serving: 240 calories, 11g fat, 1/2 carb choice
  • tnshahud
    tnshahud Posts: 163
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thread but I like any my Husband LOVES Italian Chicken
    Just pour Italian dressing over chicken and bake....
    So juicy and tender!!!!
  • Spudley64
    Spudley64 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • secondring
    Options
    i count sodium like it's my religion! and i'm in love with the ms. dash spices (all sodium-free). the fiesta lime is my absolute favorite. i spinkle my chicken tenderloins with the ms. dash of choice and pop it on the george forman for a few minutes and wah-la. yumm.

Didnt know that abouit Ms. Dash .. Thanks for the TIP