Is one greek yogurt better than others? Are any really good?

Options
I have tried dannon and oikos and I hated the bitter taste! Any suggestions?

Replies

• cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The vanilla one from Trader Joes is fantastic. Much better than the others that I have tried.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Fage is the only brand I eat though everyone also raves about Chobani
  • ieva012
    Options
    i have noticed that a lot of people on MFP eats greek yogurt on a daily basis, can anyone explain me why? :/
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I love Chobani. The pineapple is my favorite!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek Yogurt is great. But a bit on the expensive side. Plus, the flavors taste better than the other brands I've tried. Give it a try.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you mean by better! Look at the nutritional info and the variety of cultures used to chose a "better" cup of yogurt. As for flavor, I wouldn't know as I don't like yogurt. LOL! It's a mix-in for recipes for me!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    i have noticed that a lot of people on MFP eats greek yogurt on a daily basis, can anyone explain me why? :/

It might be the protein in it. It has more than most.
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I love Chobani. The pineapple is my favorite!

THIS!!!!!!!!

I joke that if I wasn't such a lady, I'd like the container clean. It taste like a dessert!
  • speedycakes
    speedycakes Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    chobani Black cherry. Make sure you stir them well.
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    fage. i only buy the plain. 0%, 2% and the full fat. all are delicious. if im feeling saucy, i add my flavors from there.
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I've tried several and the best I've found is Fage. I like to eat the peach with a pack of Breakfast To Go Maple and Brown Sugar for breakfast. The strawberry and cherry are really good too. The yogurt itself is a bit bitter, something you have to aquire a taste for, but with the fruit and the granola added in, it's one of my favorite things for breakfast or snack.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Chobani is delicious! They just came out with apple cinnamon and blod orange flavors :D stir well and enjoy!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I buy plain fage.

I'm pretty sure Dannon isn't real greek yogurt. If it says "greek yogurt" read the ingredients. Most of the bigger labels (like yoplait, for instance) just add modified corn starch to give a thicker texture, instead of actually doing the straining process involved with making greek yogurt.

I like chobani, too, for flavors. But I've since stopped buying flavored yogurt.
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want in a yogurt.
    Chobani is a pretty thick yogurt
    Voskos is thin
    and Fage is kind of in the middle.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Don't get Dannon or Yoplait, it's not real Greek yogurt.

Chobani and Fage are both very popular. My favorite is Chobani pomegranate. Plain is also very good with honey.
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I started with Chobani and then tasted Fage and there was no comparison. I only will eat the FAGE now and think it tastes wonderful. They have the fruit kind, which I started with and now I just buy plain and add fresh fruit. The Dannon and Oikos really can't compare to Fage either IMHO.

Also, overseas they make it a bit sweeter by adding sugar. This is more of a European style way of eating it. Try a natural sweetener.

Hope you find one that you enjoy. :D
  • kayhatlen
    Options
    Love Fage yogurt! Try the full fat versions of greek yogurt as they taste much better than reduced fat. You will find a vast difference in taste and texture with more fat. Check dates on carton too.
  • Trinahon03
    Trinahon03 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Was it plain yogurt? I like Oikos with fruit or vanilla. Those are good. It took a few times eating it and now I love it. My kids eat it too.
  • fimary
    fimary Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Fate, but it does not bring me out in a rash, I am dairy intolerant, though we do not get the fruit kind in the uk, did e mail them.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I like Chobani, Fage, and Oikos. Actually, I like any and all brands of Greek yogurt!
    Why Greek? Less calories, more protein, and an incredibly delicious texture and taste.
    If you don't like the taste of plain, then I'd pick a vanilla or fruit flavor. More calories and sugar, yes, but it's still much healthier than regular yogurt. I really like Chobani's nonfat black cherry.