Locker Room Etiquette

Options
124»

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I didn't think dude's had a problem with flaunting their junk. Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Be Proud!

It's one thing to get out of the shower and be naked while you dry off and get dressed. That doesn't bug me. It's when they just stand there and chill naked. Especially when they're next to you and you don't realize it then turn, look, and see junk in your face. A little gross... put some drawers on. LOL
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    hahaha maybe it's because i practically grew up in the locker room, having to change in one from 7th grade all the way to my collegiate wrestling career, but it doesn't seem to bother me. but it does crack me up because I know it's true. the old dudes are the best, and they will literally find anything to talk to you about, and then they will talk your ear off!
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You guys must have never had to take communal showers in school or in the Army.

well said, was Ex army as well
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I guess you were never in the service. If you think seeing men walk around naked is bad, you would never have made it in the Marines. Without going into detail a lot more communal experiences that that!

I see nothing wrong with it. I think it is worst working out for a hour and then putting you street clothes back on. That's just nasty.
    Also guys that object to this usually feel insecure about themselves.

well said , it took me a long while to get used to that too in the Navy and Army
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    After taking communal showers in the army it doesn't phase me at all. But I still don't wanna get dressed infront of your 7 year old. There are rules with our on base gyms. He's not even allowed in yet he's watching the ladies in the locker room? For the most part I just go right home and shower in my shower. :)
  • sousmarine
    Options
    My one request please, please put a towel down when you sit. I do not want your body fluids on me. The senior women come in the AM...we call it Naked at Nine. The nudity is expected but wrap a towel please!
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Being in the Army I've learned a few things.

1. Never talk to another man while self or hisself is undressed.

2. Once water hits my skin, conversation is over.

3. Don't drop the soap.
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    i mean as a dancer we just change in the studio and as all high school girls we wear thongs, but we always have our butts facing the wall and we dont walk around the room half naked. we have some respect!!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I guess I need to be more creative with my forum post titles,, this was posted in May 2011. Friday I put up a post with just about the the same title but with a different twist, lol. Funny how this one found new life.

http://askbeef.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/locker-room-etiquette/

For the record, the problem is not with locker room nudity, it's with common courtesy and decency.