Girl Scout cookies

Options

Replies

• april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    yeah, well i have my own girl scout in this house so YOU KNOW i am obligated to buy the most - which i did - and cookie mom sent an email out saying theyre in, theyre in email me so you can pick yours up...

i havent emailed her yet! :D
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I bought a bunch of them and will enjoy every last bite. My favorites are the tag a longs followed very closely by thin mints. I just got a box of the lemonades to try since everyone keeps telling me how good they are.

UMMM HELLO??!! have you not tried the, what the hell are they??!! oh, oh, the thanks-a-lots??!! i bought four boxes of that *kitten* right there - love in a box (err, well, take THAT any way you want to) :)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Thank God today is a full out cheat day because the cookies came this morning and, well, let's just say my husband won't have to hide as many! Samoas-yumm! so proud of you all who have resisted the evil temptation. I think I'll be doing a double spin class tomorrow morning.
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am going to buy one box of the thin mints and one box of the lemonades...I figure I'll do better instead of purchasing the 6 boxes of each that I would normally buy...smh just thinking about the amount of calories I used to eat...
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I fight cookies with clowns. When I know they'll be around I dress up for it and they leave me alone!

scary-clown.jpg
  • JaclynnGail
    JaclynnGail Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm a second grade teacher, and it's well-known among the student body that I will buy one box from each Girl Scout in my class each year. My favorites are the caramel delites and the shout-outs. This year, I made sure to buy my least favorites...thin mints, lemonades, and the peanut butter sandwiches...and to immediately box them up and send every one of them to my brother at college in Ohio. I can't be trusted with those things around. Sooooo delicious.
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    thin mints are my favorite. probably won't buy any, but i usually end up having at least a couple each year.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    This is one of the only times of year I am grateful to have food allergies because Thin Mints would definitely be my downfall otherwise. :)
  • LeannSz
    LeannSz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thin mints aren't so bad for you and they are pretty yummy
  • Sweetchaos66
    Sweetchaos66 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have cases in my house - I am the cookie mom this year. I have been pretty good but i have indulged. Just remember you can buy cookies to support our troops. None of the guilt or calories.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I like the ones with chocolate and coconut and the thin mints or whatever they are called. I can not have them in any quantity as I am unable to control myself around them. And who knows what might happen....
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies freeze. Just sayin' :P

LOL

I used to be a Girl Scout and I'm a sucker for Thin Mints and the Tagalongs....<drool> But you can always portion them out 2 each into snack-bags (the little half-size ziplocs) and freeze them. Then you can indulge in a little treat (2 cookies) instead of pigging out on the whole box.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    oh curse you for reminding me of their existence :( and :) lol. YES, I am buying them, Shortbread, Shortbread, Shortbread :)
  • PrfctGdess
    Options
    Just remember you can buy cookies to support our troops. None of the guilt or calories.

That's a fantastic idea!
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I was having a really bad day last weekend and got 4 boxes!! Girl scouts profit from my time of month, hahaha! I got thin mints, samoas, peanut butter patties, and the lemonade ones. They are all so good. Mmmm cookies and milk!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I ordered 5 boxes for my fiance and got them @ work last night. I ate 4 of the mints. One of the chocolate covered pb ones...didn't like them and 2 of the yummy pb kind. Not sure of the names of them. But I am good... Had my feel. and felt bad after eating them!
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY! Girl Scout cookies are baked by the devil.

They sure are! Its a sin to eat those things. I had to draaaaag myself away from this girl and her table at work. Cuz I wouldve bought the box and would have eaten the whole box! I looooove the dosidos...peanut butter mmmmm.

I have eaten a whole box on the way home, hid the empty, and then had MORE at home the same day!!! Not his year though, they look like cute little girls, but they're actually demons in pigtails. Do you REALLY think it's an accident that they start selling those things to coincide with "resolution fatigue" setting in at this time of the year??
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    We've gotten a few boxes. I only eat the serving size or less. Like today, I have had two thin mints. Good enough for me!
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Yes....i bought me a box of Somoa's they are wonderful....i figure they are only out once a year why not have some...mmmh mmmh good.

Im glad i didnt smash on the box....i actually still have some left....Will Power!!
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My neighbor's girl started GS this year...I ordered 3 boxes *hide*. Just got them today.

Tagalongs and 2 boxes of thin mints.