Girl Scout cookies

Options

Replies

• MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The troop near me is giving you the option to purchase the cookies and then donate them to our military troops...I did that instead of tempting myself by bringing them home! :flowerforyou:
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    I usually put the samoas in my car (I only drive like four times a week) and I allow myself one cookie on the way to the place and one on the way back :D
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I bought six boxes...two thin mint, two samosas , and two of the lemon shortcake. I'm really trying to limit myself as they are like crack. I could easily eat a whole box in a sitting.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I ordered 6 boxes. They are delicious - a treat that is never disappointing. The 5 remaining boxes are hidden away to be opened sometime later this year.
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Im seriously destine to NOT have girl scout cookies this year! As I mentioned with my Colorado MFPers this morning. I went to a store they were out side selling them. I said to myself if i come out and they are still there I will buy a box. I went out from grocery shopping and they didnt even acknowledge me or ask me, nothing! So i said screw you, then I wont by any girl scout cookies if you cant even ask me......Then last night I went to the grocery store and said okay, lets try this again. If theyre here by the time I get done shopping. I will buy a box of tagalongs!...I leave and they ARE GONE!!! As if they were never there!

UGH! Guess no GSC for me!

Im actually okay with this :)
  • Redladystl
    Redladystl Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    YES!!! I will be purchasing my usual case of Thin Mints. I freeze them. I am pretty good at not over indulging on them and sticking to the 1 serving size. I will try the lemonades this year. I bought some last year that had cranberries in them, they where good but not a favorite. They actually stayed in my freezer till July when my niece and nephew visisted from STL. They ate all that was left. They were still as fresh as the the day I bought them.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    We've gotten a few boxes. I only eat the serving size or less. Like today, I have had two thin mints. Good enough for me!

That's impressive willpower - I eat thin mints by the sleeve.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Girl Scout cookies freeze. Just sayin' :P

LOL

I used to be a Girl Scout and I'm a sucker for Thin Mints and the Tagalongs....<drool> But you can always portion them out 2 each into snack-bags (the little half-size ziplocs) and freeze them. Then you can indulge in a little treat (2 cookies) instead of pigging out on the whole box.

I my Gosh! I love to freeze the thin mints and Tagalongs!! I always get funny looks from friends but they taste soo much better that way! AMAZING! Dang it! Now I want them!
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    umm yeah..my friend is on her way with my order...lol
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Funny you just posted this because I found out about an hour ago that my husband has about 8 or so boxes hidden at the very top of our pantry. Evil! My faves are Samoas and Thin Mints. I ate one Samoa and it didn't taste as good as I remember. Totally not worth the 70 calories!!
  • deanaimee
    deanaimee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    A very good friend suggested I portion them out and put them in the freezer, so I did just that......after I sampled a couple from each box ;)

I have to say that they don't taste as good as I remember them tasting. Like they totally went generic with them. Bummer, but kind of a good thing :)
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My mom tried to pawn off a couple of boxes on me, and I ended up giving them all to my roommate who's struggling to GAIN weight.

My favorite were Samoas..but 170 cals for TWO?! Yikes.
  • bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    Options
    I really don't like them much - thank goodness
  • hkussatz
    Options
    I discovered those last yr..... already hunted those girl scouts down for a box this year!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Throw the money at the little girls and run! hahaha
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    They were outside the grocery store today. I bought Trefoils & Tagalongs. I ate some already & they were delicious. Everything in moderation, people!!
  • missmelissa919
    missmelissa919 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I ate one lemon cookie(the new ones). It was ok but not my favorite.
  • KourtneyP83
    Options
    I bought 5 boxes about 2 weeks ago..but I've only eaten 4 cookies total. I think having them in the house and knowing I can have them within my range keeps me from binging because I could surely eat an entire box of the caramel delights in one sitting!
  • olee67
    olee67 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    They got me at Lowe's two days ago... So far, I've only had three... All the same night I bought them.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    We're on our second round of Thin Mints and Samoas. I give myself a daily allowance of one of each kind. My husband can have whatever he wants, but he doesn't get excessive. So far, so good. I recall back to my younger, skinnier days, that I would sometimes eat an entire sleeve of thin mints in a day. I've mended my ways. :smile: