Lemon Water in Morning

Options

Replies

• JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I have heard that drinking a glass on water with lemon juice in the morning is suppose to be good for you - has anyone else heard this "or" do this and how much do you drink and what are the benefits to this??? Always looking for any tips!! Thanks- :flowerforyou:

It doesn't help lose weight per say. The Liver is one of the primary organs involved in metabolising fat and real lemon juice helps to detoxify the liver.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    ISo we would recommend they heat a cup of water as you would for tea, squeeze sliced lemons into it add a lil bit of stevia or whichever sweetener you use , its like a hot lemonade.

This sounds delicious. I am gonna try it.
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    My mother used to drink lemon water in the morning in the 1960's. This idea has been around for a long time!
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I've found that putting different fruits and veggies in water is refreshing too (aside from lemon). I don't know about the health effects, but putting melon and cucumber... or cucumber and spearmint leaves... or limes or oranges... it's all good! lol
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Just a tip.... do NOT brush your teeth soon after. The acidity temporarily weakens your tooth enamel just a bit.

I do this sometimes, although not consistently. It does seem to kind of help "keep things moving", especially if it's hot/warm.
  • rmb8
    rmb8 Posts: 15
    Options
    Be sure it's fresh, filtered water and by organic lemons if possible.

Also, if you're buying Metamucil don't get the flavored kind - Jillian Michael's did a podcast about this- filled with chemicals and toxins/additives. Just get regular *fiber* or physillium (sp.) husks.

i have a link to an article that talks about alkalining the body on my blog http://expeditionbalance.wordpress.com/.

Cheers!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Check with your Dr first, but here is an old fashioned liver cleanse:

Liver Cleanse
    This is a cleansing procedure to help release built up gravel and stones that can block the ducts causing many problems, including the removal of the gall bladder. Perform at least twice a year. Allow yourself at least the evening and following day to complete this procedureIngredients:
    24 oz water
    4 T Epsom Salt
    6 oz virgin olive oil
    1 lg. fresh pink grapefruit

The morning of the first day: dissolve the Epsom salt in the water, and refrigerate the solution.
    Have a liquid breakfast (smoothie or juice from organic carrots and 1 apple), a nonfat lunch, and have NO FOOD after 2pm.
    At 6pm. drink the 1st of 6-4oz doses of the Epsom Salt solution.
    At 8pm. drink the 2nd
    At 10pm. drink the 3rd
    Next, after the third dose, blend the olive oil and grapefruit juice; drink half and go to bed.
    The morning of the second day: eat no food; instead:
    At 6am drink the 4th dose of the Epsom Salt solution
    At 8am drink the 5th, and
    At 10am drink the 6th and final dose of the solution.
    Then, at 12 drink the remainder of the juice/olive oil mixture; eat a salad for lunch and a light dinner/supper.

This combination will open the liver so it can release the waste that continually builds up as calcium deposits and other debris that cannot pass through the body without help.
  • annyriveron
    annyriveron Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss. Good Job. :flowerforyou:
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.
  • VeganDawn
    VeganDawn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    as I write this I am starting my morning with hot water and lemon, its the first time I'm trying it but I am because I have read it helps the liver in the detox process, and our liver of course trying to process all the nasty stuff we do to our bodies, its a good place to start.
  • mizzdivat
    mizzdivat Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am gonna try this:smile:
  • RLMonigan
    Options
    I want to thank you for sharing and being so informative. I find this information extremely helpful!!!!!!
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Interesting to know! I shall try this tomorrow! Thanks everyone
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    dont know if it is healthy or helpful but i drink lemon water all day because i hate plain water lol
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Thank You for asking this question, and thank You to everyone who responded... Good stuff in here...

: ))
  • Skye259
    Skye259 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, yes many believe lemon juice (2 tbsp daily) is good for helping you to lose weight. It is very good for you nutritionally as well. Apple Cider Vinegar is also good, I can do the lemon juice over the run of a day but not the apple cider, it upsets my tummy too much.
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I drink hot lemon water, I boil the water let it cool and make myself two glasses one for later.

Lemon is really acidic and helps burn more calories indeed.
  • EmeriaDewes
    Options
    Bump
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I drink lemon/lime water all day long. Considering I used to drink 8-10 sodas a day before mfp and no drink none, I give a big thumbs up for the lemon water.
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    OP: The two sources you found and posted contradict each other. The first talks about how lemon juice helps with the body's pH because it is alkalilne and the other talks about how acidic it is. Also, to get the fiber that's in the lemons you would need to eat the whole fruit, not just juice the lemon or get juice from a bottle.

I like the suggestion to put a peeled lemon in a blender and puree, then add water to it. That would add 15-20 calories to your day, which isn't much! Other than the damage to your teeth it seems like this couldn't hurt so if you're interested try it! I'm not inclined to spend the money on lemons just for this though - maybe if I had some on hand that needed to be used up...