AMAZING TRICK FOR COTTAGE CHEESE HEAVEN

Options
Hi everyone!

So, I want to clue you in on a little way to make cottage cheese taste AH-MAZING for a dessert or snack (hint: inspired by rice pudding!!!)

I like my cottage cheese sweet (I usually have it with fruit), so this is one for the sweet tooth's out there :)

I start with 1/2 a cup of 1% cottage cheese (100 cal)
and then add:

- Not quite a packet of sweetener (0 cal)
- A generous pinch of cinnamon (0 cal)
- And a teaspoon of vanilla extract (0 cal!!!)

Adjust the sweetness and flavours to your taste...but eventually you should get this insanely yummy rice pudding-esque dessert that is so satisfying and DERICIOUS.

You could probably even spin it through the blender a bit to get more of a finer rice pudding like texture, or blend it totally to get a whipped topping to put on all sorts of things!

It's sooo yummy - give it a try!! <3

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'm a savoury gal! Had mine this morning piled on a piece of seeded bread, toasted, and smeared with some Marmite.MMmmmmmm
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    I'm a savoury gal! Had mine this morning piled on a piece of seeded bread, toasted, and smeared with some Marmite.MMmmmmmm
    mmm omg that sounds so yummy :love:
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I mix a little sugar free jell-o mix in with mine. It includes the zero calorie sweetener and I can have a different flavour every day!
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    I don't normally like my cottage cheese sweet.....
    but,... I love rice pudding

have to give this a try:bigsmile:
  • Ceffy
    Ceffy Posts: 235
    Options
    Mmm bump for later!
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, sounds good to me!

I often buy the cottage cheese with pineapple, but I think I'll have to give your recipe a go!
  • leehoff
    Options
    I loooooove me some cottage cheese!!!!!!!!!
    Of late I've been enjoying my cottage cheese (about 150-200g) with a serving of Options wicked white chocolate (11g) and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon. It tastes amazing and the fact that its so low-cal makes it even more divine!
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    Mmmmm, sounds good to me!

I often buy the cottage cheese with pineapple, but I think I'll have to give your recipe a go!
    Me too! Cottage cheese with pineapple was my first love that hooked me onto the stuff :laugh:
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    bump

I'm big on cinnamon & love vanilla... this is a good idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sweet cottage cheese is just wrong on so many levels :noway:

But whatever floats your boat :laugh:

I think it's just wonderful on its own and only needs some cracked black pepper. I have reduced-fat cottage cheese almost daily on crispbreads with smoked salmon slices or lean smoked ham :tongue: It's my favourite breakfast :happy:
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! Thank you for the idea!
  • bennyhusband
    Options
    Love this topic!
    1 cup cottage cheese
    70 g cherry tomatoes
    50 g cucumber
    1/4 tsp curry powder
    1/2 tsp caraway seeds
    salt and pepper
    I have this twice a day, my mid morning snack and my bed time snack (the slow release protein casisin is abundent in cottage cheese meaning your body has protein to fuel it through the night). How much cottage cheese is too much? Im worried I am getting too much lactose between this and my daily serving of kefir and occasional greek yogurt.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I eat it sweet and savoury!

Sweet - with apple and blueberries
    Savoury - on bread with a scrape of tomato pesto and then a layer of cottage cheese
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ooh some great ideas here! Must try them!

I love mixing in some garlic, rosemary (or chives) and some chili flakes. I use it on anything!

I had it on a veggie burger today for lunch. Then on some roasted pumpkin for dinner. It's also good on thin rice cakes, with shaved ham & salad, for a super low cal lunch or snack. YUM!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Not a cottage cheese fan but I do have a sweet tooth. May have to try this.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Worth a shot
  • teagan911
    Options
    I love to add a few banana peppers, or pepperoncini (sp?) peppers into it YUM!
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yummy bump
  • RainbowBrite86
    RainbowBrite86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    yum