how did you first here about mfp

Options

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I found the app on the Android market place. I used it off and on for a few weeks and then discovered the web site. Together they make it very easy to keep up with logging what I eat and there are lots of people here to help.
  • orchidsand
    Options
    My daughter told me about it and I just jumped in and will use it forever. I l ike seeing the numbers on what I have eaten & how much extra I can eat when I exercise. Guess I am a numbers gal.
  • gdunican
    gdunican Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My niece is going through school to be a nutritionist / dietitionist... She said to try this site and I have been here since Dec. Lost over 20 lbs so far with 30 or so to go! Watch out summer! Here I come!

As a disabled Vet - exercising is tough for me, but I do what I can. Some days are better than others, SO - watching my calorie intake is ever so important for me. MFP's is my second best friend (my wife is my first)!! :)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I just saw this site by accident while I was doing some google search about certain food calories. Out of curiosity I decided to take a look at this site & from there I decided to join since its free. Since then I became addicted to this site as I found this to be very helpful & in fact I owe the majority of my success to MFP. :flowerforyou:
  • BreK51
    BreK51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been praying for help, and then my daughter sent me this site! It truly is a blessing, and I have just joined but I am already encouraged! :) I am here to stay ! To help, be helped and looking at it as a new adventure and making awesome new friends! You can do this, I can do this , WE ALL CAN DO THIS, with each others help, Have a blessed day! Brenda K
  • BreK51
    BreK51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • davinci21
    davinci21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I was searching for free weight loss resources, my sister in law mentioned she'd used it and she looked great. I've stayed because so far its working
  • bj6886
    bj6886 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    From another site (Beyond Diet) but it was a pain to log in your meals. Someone suggested MFP. I have to limit my time sitting in front of the computer cause I love reading all the success stories, encouragement and good information. Before I know it a couple of hours have passed.
  • cecilia0909
    cecilia0909 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine and I are both on the path of getting healthy and she told me about it
  • MrFreeway
    MrFreeway Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on the site, from the looks of it, i will enjoy it based on the tools available and the ability to accurately track calories/exercise. I myself am looking forward to enjoying the community and accomplishing my goals.
  • ojbattle
    Options
    App on Android, perfect for keeping up with calorie intake and burned!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I saw it posted on FB as some great journaling suggestings... I joined up and haven't left yet! I love this site. It really does help me watch what I am eating and think about everything I put in my mouth or do. It is a great site to keep motivated.
  • grum84
    grum84 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I actually heard about it when just browsing the Android Market on my new smartphone. I thought, that sounds like an interesting app. And oh man, there is a whole website to go with it. So I tried it out and love both.

As far as staying here, my profile lists my reasons. But a friend set down a weight loss challenge to see who could lose a higher percentage in a 3-6 month time, and since I am winning, I am definitely staying here.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    My daughter was on here and suggested I give it a go too.. so here i am, and loving it.
    ( She is no longer on , )
  • swthrtsmrf
    Options
    My sister-in-law recommended it to me. Best thing ever!
  • Bridget28152723
    Bridget28152723 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I was a few months postpartum, still fat, had a thyroid problem, and was at the DR. office because of all the previously mentioned stuff. I was very upset that day and the nurse, told me about this site, and gave me a "Calorie King" book and a pedometer, I went home and got on the site that day, its a great site!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    My daughter and her son ...showed me the app on their mobiles ...they were doing it , so i invested in a android htc so i could start tracking ....got hooked ...so hubby and i are doing calories together ... :--)
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    saw a friend on facebook using it
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    When I first got introduced to the 90 day challenge, I was sort of stuck in my weighloss and I was told that joining here and tracking what I eat would help me reach my goal and that my sponsor would be able to give a look at my diary and give me suggestions along the way. Now I just sponsor myself and help others along the way. The person who introduced me to this site clearly cared about me and my goals :)
  • amberlynne25
    amberlynne25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    In the past I worked for a doctor who recommended I try the sight. First time I tried and didn't stick with it, but now I am determined and focused to complete my goals.