how did you first here about mfp

Options
124»

Replies

• JayneTraub
    JayneTraub Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I saw it listed in a magazine as one of the top 10 health apps available. Been addicted since day 1!!
  • jjohnboy2000
    jjohnboy2000 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A very good friend is using the site and has lost over 60 pounds combining it with exercise as well. SO here I am
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I happened to be on recipe buzz on allrecipes.com and someone mentioned this site to another person who was looking for healthy recipes. It was a time I was feeling sorry for myself and putting on weight, so I decided to check it out. Had no idea I would become so addicted!
  • Barbara98
    Barbara98 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My sister introduced me to this site! I'm so thankful for her!! I started this site 16 days ago and my husband started it last week. We both love to hike. So us getting leaner and more fit will really help us with long hikes. Plus we will be more healthy and more fit. You can add me if you need motivation. We can all use some inspiration :smile:
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was on Weight Watchers for 11 years and a person that I met through there mentioned it. I love Weight Watchers, don't get me wrong, they helped me lose the first 48 lbs and keep it off, but I understand how to eat healthfully now and this site is free vice the $39.99 I was spending a month for online tools and meetings. I know use that money to pay for a monthly gym membership for my husband and myself. Also, MFP lets me track other nutrients so I know where I am with my iron and calcium intake.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I discovered this on an informational leaflet while attending a Health Fair at the medical center where I am employed as a Cardiac nurse. I had one of the worst annual physical exam in my life. Had to start taking statins & my physician presented me with the challenge "Lose the weight" and then we can get rid of the medication. I downloaded the app in Nov. 2011 & it has been full steam ahead. It has been a valuable & worthwhile tool. I have never in my four decades of life attempted to lose weight before. The site & the phone app are helping me achieve my goals.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    A trainer at our gym told my husband about MFP, though he hadn't tried it himself and still hasn't.
    My husband joined on Memorial Day 2011 and I joined the next day. We are planning a vacation to celebrate when we hit one year. :happy:
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had been on SparkPeople off and on since 2006. The navigation there is awkward and slow. I heard about MFP awhile ago, most likely at 3fatchicks. I checked MFP out and started yesterday and love the food diary! Search functions are much better also. :heart:
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I saw it on a friend's FB status, so I had to check it out.....best thing I could have done for myself.
  • teamflatbelly
    teamflatbelly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi my loves hope all is well. Glad to here you are con't on your healthy journey. If you like you all can add me. I motivate people daily on my page so feel free to add me for that reason alone :)