Gym bloopers...

Options

Replies

• luvnthenewme
    luvnthenewme Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I dropped my book while on the treadmill....sending it flying behind me. Not wanting to interrupt my workout numbers, I carefully stepped off the treadmill without shutting it off. I retrieved my book, and in the span of 15 seconds forgot that the treadmill was still going as I stepped back onto it. Needless to say, I ended up where my book had just landed. I can't believe I didn't quit the gym right then and there....
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen too many bloopers of other people...but I can't pretend that I haven't accidentally walked into the men's locker room at the end of a workout.

:)))) nice view???

If it's anything like my gym, you'll be blind.

I haven't busted it yet, but I start on the treadmill for a warmup with my HRM. Once I have my target heart rates, I typically hit stop and put my feet to the sides until it's slow enough to ride/surf to the floor. I've come close to busting it several times so I really should learn not to risk it.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Last night my speaker wires got caught in the elliptical machine causing my ipod to wing off into the aise behind me, nearing catching an elderly man in the stomach. My husband nearly fell off the treadmill he was laughing so hard.
  • TamiKiki
    TamiKiki Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    those yoga farters are distracting
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I've had a few bloopers...

I often get my earphones wire caught on the handles of the elliptical, and they fly out of my ears, which startles me and sometimes hits me in the face...

Once, while working on my biceps, I was doing pulldowns and concentrating so hard on keeping my hands level that I pulled the bar down on my nose...

And just this past weekend I packed my gym clothes so go to the gym after work, got in the packed locker room, changed into gym clothes, only to realize I'd brought two different shoes. And both of them were right feet. I had to pack it all back up and go home in shame.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I do boxing drills with my trainer. I've punched myself in the face on more then one occasion : (
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Saw a guy walk in, load a barbell for bench press, fail to push it up even once (without a spotter), drop the weights off both sides, lay the barbell down and walk away.

Personally I have hit my head more times than I like to think about. I was also doing aqua zumba and my swim suit was a little big. When I jumped out of the water my body went up and my suit stayed in the water. Thankfully I am always at the front of the class.
  • Lauralovesmfp
    Lauralovesmfp Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It wasn't at the gym but was while exercising, I thought that I would kill two birds with one stone and decided to ride my bike and run the dog on her leash at the same time. It was a nice summer day and I headed off down the street and there were a group of my neighbors out chit-chatting as I rode up and then the dog ran right in front of me and I totally did a header over the front handlebars! They ALL came running over, "Are you okay? Are you all right?" I was mortified and so embarrassed. I was like, "No, I'M FINE. I'M FINE really." First and last time I ever did that.
  • PeggysDad
    Options
    I work out at home too, and am waiting for the day when I drop my dumbbells on my head doing overhead pulls or skullcrushers :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    those yoga farters are distracting

OMG I know!! It's REALLY hard to focus on my breath and get into my practice when the old lady in the corner farts every 5 minutes. I mean really , take some gas-x before class or something!

On another note, I have MANY TIMES been caught singing out loud to whatever is on my iPod while lifting weights or something. One of my best friends got too into a song while running one time, was dancing a little bit and fell off the treadmill. We both pretty much died laughing!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I've only had one. It was my first time using the 'arm bike' (basically works the same way as an exercise bike, but for your upper body) and I spent the first 5 minutes doing it backwards! It was only when a friendly gym worker walked by and pointed out my error that I stopped! I was pretty embarrassed. I mean, I know which way the pedals go on a regular bike, so why not an arm bike? Hahaha!

When I was still at school, we had a little gym with some weight machines and a treadmill. My friend was on the treadmill, going pretty fast and someone mentioned her name on the other side of the room. Instinctively, she turned her head to face them and went flying off the treadmill. She laughed it off, but really scraped her leg badly and even got concussion. I always try to be careful if I use the treadmill because of it.
  • madameduffay
    madameduffay Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago when I first started running I didn't realise how much weight I was losing. I went for a run outside in a busy park and my (formerly snug) running shorts fell down to my knees. I had to run back holding them up with one hand. Even worse, I was wearing comedy superhero underpants. Not cool.

This happened to my sister after she lost a lot of weight. We were running for the bus and her jeans fell halfway down her but. I laughed so hard I could barely make it onto the bus. She was laughing just as hard. What else can you do when the entire bus line saw your undies?

Good times.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I saw a young lady sit down on the Ab machine and just push the shoulder restraints up and down.
  • lappyd425
    lappyd425 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've had a few times while I've been on the Elliptical that I grab my bottle of water and bring it up to drink and the arm on the elliptical hits the bottle at the same time I'm trying to drink and splashes all over my face and shirt.....Then all I can do is laugh and wonder who else saw it....
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Bump for when I need a good laugh... I haven't had these experiences yet (Knock on wood!) but only use the machines when at the gym and free weights when I am home and no one can see me!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    hmm I saw this girl wearing a bit too much make up for the gym( why even wear make up??? beats me ) and she worked out more then she thought she was because her face was all runny and her eyes had that black droop.. However I was a gent and did not laugh.. out loud ( only in my head)

I thought that too until I started working out midway through the day at the gym at school. I didn't put makeup on to go to the gym, but I already had some on.. I do try to wipe a bit of it off before I get to the fitness center though...so that doesn't happen to me
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I passed out during my yoga class! I was in the middle of plow pose and just keeled over.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen too many bloopers of other people...but I can't pretend that I haven't accidentally walked into the men's locker room at the end of a workout.

Guilty.........after a swim............lol!
  • beerbomber
    beerbomber Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I missed a step on the stair climber one day because this hot chick wearing like nothing was talking to me about I don't even remember I was only thinking *don't look down* don't look down* well I should have looked down so I could of hit the damn step again.
  • DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hahaha... I had a friend who walked into the gym and whipped off the sweat pants she wore over her gym shorts to put them in a cubby in front of the (packed) cardio machines. Unfortunately, she didn't realize that she had peeled her shorts off with her sweat pants and was standing there in her underwear in front of everyone working out. Luckily she's awesome and just laughed it off, but I would have been mortified!