What I am looking forward to when I get to my goal weight

Options

Replies

• BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options

1. I am looking forward to wearing a slutty halloween costume * every year my friends do and they go out and I make an excuse not go.. not this year I will out shine them all!

I love this!! I find true joy in wearing slutty halloween costumes. Don't know why, don't care. I've done the slutty baseball player, slutty cop, slutty vampire, slutty sailor...the one night a year girls can dress like tramps and nobody is allowed to say anything!

But also, my goal is to be able to rock my bikini with all my girlfriends at our annual boat party (my bf's best friend throws this huge party on a 75 person barge every summer) instead of wearing my cover up the whole time :)

And one day being able to go running in just a sports bra. I don't even care about my post-pregnancy stretch marks--if my stomach is flat and not jiggly, I'm running without a shirt on!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    3 things that I can't wear right now that I LOVE: tight short dresses, skinny jeans, & low rise jeans!!!!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    NEVER having to step foot into a Lane Bryant again!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    wow everyone is doing this for vanity and not for health

Sure, I want to look good. That's the obvious thing to look forward to. But think about it, feeling good about the way you look is so important to your MENTAL health as well. Of course we ALL want to be healthy. Every single one of us. But that confidence in our own body image is something that so many of us have longed for our entire lives. Don't hate on those who want to be happy with the way they look, we care about our health too.
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Not be the fat friend and staying out of plus size stores... Smaller clothes are cheaper!!
  • kitkatwag
    kitkatwag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    AHH!! What an amazing thread!!!!! So many things I could name but my top 5 would be as follows:

1. Not being ashamed of my husband trying to pick me up!
    2. Feeling comfortable nomatter what i'm wearing or NOT wearing ;)
    3. Loving EVERY pic that is taken of me
    4. Not looking like I have had 2 c-sections
    5. No longer being in the obese/oveweight category, but finally NORMAL! :)))

These are all on my top list. #4 I've had 4 and one hysterectomy to boot.
    I want to be able to look myself in the mirror without feeling like I want to vomit
    I want to wear all the wonderfully fashionable clothes that my coworkers wear. I just love the clothes.
  • Cris725
    Options
    I have many reasons. But here's a few:

1. Skinny/low rise jeans.

2. Bikini at the water park. :wink:

3. Being healthy for myself and my family so that we can add to our happy family. We all have more love to give and we desperately want to give it.
  • steffihoney
    Options
    I am looking forward to...

Rocking a pencil skirt and new heels!!!
    Wearing tube tops and tank tops ~ arm hider here also!
    Wearing shorts...I have not worn a pair in years!! Leg hider also, lol!
    Buying a new bathing suit that I really like and not one that fits and hides!!

And most of all...Being the healthiest that I can be!!!!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    being able to buy the clothes i want to wear, not what looks acceptable

not feeling uncomfortable and trapped in my work suits

not fearing long walks or being stuck somewhere with loads of stairs

wearing a bikini in mexico this september and feeling amazing

not feeling so unattractive and fat in the bedroom
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    wow everyone is doing this for vanity and not for health

I think the health thing is a given. The entire reason i started losing weight was to get healthy ;)
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    -Being strong and in top health
    - keeping up with my husband and his pals when we go on backpacking treks
    - and of course feeling beautiful & sexy for myself and my husband
    - AND I can not deny how good it feels when I go out and run into hordes of people from HS that despite my married, kids and homemaker/educator lifestyle I began at 18 (and still happily doing so these years later) I am still in better shape then those unmarried, no kids and some years younger then me... This is shallow of me, but after years of being treated like some stereotype- it feels good to see their faces!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    wow everyone is doing this for vanity and not for health.....I am doing it because I want $1250 and I want to be healthy. I signed up at http://www.healthywage.com and paid the $300 bucks for the BMI challenge and combine that with incentives at work I will have $1250 to spend on me. Sure it will be nice to fit into the old clothes but to be healthy for my kids is really the biggest reason the rest is just additional incentive.

sooo.. you're doing it for the money?

I think vanity is a better excuse. :p
  • Bradysgirl214
    Bradysgirl214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have a long long list

1. Feeling healthier and having more energy.
    2. Not be self conscious
    3. Always have a smile on my face
    4. Being happy
    5. Being able to wear the cute styles when I want.
    6. Out shinning my sister on her wedding day (I know this one is messed up, but it keeps me motivated because she has called me fat for the past couple years.)
    7. Meeting my boyfriends parents and not worrying how I look and what to wear.
    8. Not sucking my in my belly.
    9. No more muffin top!
    10. Seeing the love handles melt away
    11. Looking good for my man
    12. Main goal is to look and feel my age!
  • southfork3
    Options
    I have a long list but my main one, besides being healthier and stronger, is that I want to feel as beautiful as my husband thinks I am!
  • WallyGirl358
    Options
    I am so looking forward to buying designer jeans! Also walking into any store and know the clothes will fit!:happy:
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Number 1: To just simply be able to say "I am at my Goal Weight!!" : ))
    Number 2: To wear the cute clothes I see every time I go shopping... : D
    Number 3: To not outweigh my BF by 100+ pounds... >.<
  • cowgirlslikeus86
    cowgirlslikeus86 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    To wear the other 90% of my closet again

To feel better naked

To no longer need to refer back to "When I was skinny"

To love myself in EVERY picture taken of me ( tired of deleting and retaking pictures!)
  • dancingjr
    Options
    My husband already bought me my goal reward, now I just have to "live up to it"! He got me a nice little Mini Cooper S with turbo and panoramic sunroof. :love:

SUPER JEALOUS. Can you tell me where I can find another one like your hubby? I'd work my butt off for a Mini Cooper, not to mention the turbo and sunroof. Woo girlie, you are SPOILED!

In other news:

I look forward to a healthy future. Having babies is WAY ahead on my little brick road but I can't wait to have one of those cute pregnant bellies.

Oh not to mention being able to shop with my sisters in the awesome stores.
  • Alexandrea22
    Alexandrea22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I want to be more active than my 80 year old grandfather who walks 4 miles a day :)
    I want to be considered a "healthy weight," for once in my life
    I want to surprise my grandparents when they return from Arizona after being gone for four months
    I want to start my new life off healthy and happy. I graduate University June 14 and want to start it off right
    I want to break the cycle of heart disease in my family - my dad had a heart attack in 2009
    I want to inspire people to pay the inspiration I have received, forward
    I want to feel as beautiful as I deserve to feel
  • todaysanewday
    Options
    I'm looking forward to:
    feeling light on my toes
    feeling agile
    being proud of what i've accomplished
    feeling like i honor my body and hold it sacred
    being healthy both physically and emotionally
    being able to be extra selective with my clothing