What was your rock bottom?

Options
Mine was having two people grunting and cursing trying to strap me into a ride at Busch Gardens. I was so embarrassed, but it has caused me to make a change for the better!

Replies

• WanderingMe
    WanderingMe Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump bump bump :)
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    Wasn't really a rock bottom. Basically I thought I was fine. I thought I looked good. You know that whole image thing that you hear in psychology class, yea this guy had it. Our company decided to hold a Biggest Loser Competition and the office manager talked me into signing up. Probably saved my life. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months. And looking at old and new pictures, I looked like I must've been miserable.
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I have a twiggy husband and had babies
  • ydeleon
    Options
    Squeezing myself into size work 8 pants and having them rip at the crotch because I refused to buy double digits.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    well i was never overweight before. and then i was. and then i saw a picture of myself. no muscle tone, completely flabby, just looked awful. i didn't have a lot to lose but i couldn't believe how much i had let myself go. i remembered how i used to be really fit. i decided i wanted to be that way again and set my mind on the goal!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    realizing that I could barely keep up with my 2 year old daughter and was already starting to miss out on experiencing things with her because I couldn't control myself. Realizing that if I didn't change I was going to die early and miss out on grandkids... etc.
  • Catherinekiss
    Catherinekiss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been on both sies of the scale I have been anoxic and overwieght. Out of the two I was more misearble when i wiehged 102 then when i weighed 160. I honestly hated myself at the time and putting myself through that was torture. I am currently losing wieght and trying to become the healhiest person I can be. I've learned that as long as I am happy with how I look then I will be just as beautful inside and outside
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Week after christmas, 2010. I was sitting in an empty house (my kids had gone to their dad's for the week) and I was polishing the last of several dozen sugar cookies, which I of course had made for my kids. :embarassed:

Found MFP, joined a gym and the rest is history. :drinker:
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I started crying on my 26th birthday because I didn't want to see my friends and family because of how fat and sick I felt at the time. I had gained 40 lbs in a matter of probably 6 months due to stress and health problems. I started my weight loss journey 5 days later... it's been an up and down battle since then, but I will never be that sad about my body again.
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    looking at pictures from vacation and realizing I was HUGE. Pictures dont lie!
  • lesliefunk
    lesliefunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When even my fattest "fat pants" wouldn't button and my "big" hoodies fit like a glove
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Turning 39, realizing I would be 40 in less than a year and the reality that I had put 20 pounds of the 30 I had previously lost back on, and even if I lost that again I would still be overweight.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When my dad got cancer then died and my boyfriend split up with me (after 6 years together) for someone really small and thin and said I let myself go so much and if I didn't love myself then who could love me. Oh and also getting frustrated I couldn't find size 20 jeans. Yup. Rock. Bottom.
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    When I accepted that the word that best described me was "obese"
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I was absolutely disgusted at the photos of myself on vacation a couple of years ago. :sick:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    When the store I shop at which carries plus size clothing was soon going to no longer carry my size!!! As I had gone above and beyond their biggest size!!!
  • silvercat64
    Options
    When my boss wanted to order me work clothes, but they didn't make womens' jeans in my size. :embarassed:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting around one night feeling fat and pathetic.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Just got done looking at my birthday pictures from over the years while still hung over and stuffed from last nights festivities, walked into my friends bathroom, saw the scale and weighed myself.

That did it right there.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    When I saw a picture of myself at my nephew's birthday party in December 2011. I thought I was fine....just "big boned." But pictures don't lie - I was definitely fat. I started seriously exercising a few days later, lost about 13lbs and then joined MPF a few weeks ago. I'm down 18lbs now and have 32lbs more to go to reach my first goal weight. I haven't weighed 180lbs in so long, I have no idea if I will want to lose more after that. I am going to reevaluate when I get to that point.