Anyone use CLA supplement?

Options
I bought some CLA supplement from GNC a few months back. I'm going to start taking it today. Anyone else use CLA?

CLA = Conjugated Linoleic Acid

Replies

• Aleara2012
    Aleara2012 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    First time I hear about CLA... Very interested to hear more!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I was just looking at this online, would be interested to hear from anyone who has tried it.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    The bottle says" Helps maintain lean muscle mass. Enhances your diet and supports your metabolism. Supports healthy body composition."

It's not a diet pill.

This is what I read on it last night:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mike8.htm
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I've followed Dr. Ann Louise Gittleman, a natruopathic dietician, she highly recommends it. I've not found any results myself, except an increase in dark spots (moles) on my skin. I've done research, this isn't a side effect of this supplement but it didn't work for me.
  • I1ahunt
    Options
    I am taking CLA.....So far I have no complaints, no side affects and I think I am seeing success....time will tell
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I heard its supposed to help with bloating also.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I tried this but doesn't seems to work for me.
  • amferrell03
    Options
    I have never used it myself, but have heard a lot about it from trainers at my gym. It is supposed to help you keep the weight you've lost off. It does not help you loss weight.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    How many mg a day are you taking?
  • HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I take it regularly, am on my "off time" right now, so my body reacts properly to it, but it's one of many vitamins I take and highly recommend it. It seems to help boost metabolism and promote muscle gain.

Edit - I generally take 3 per day. Two in the morning and one at lunch and I am 5'11" and weigh 194.
  • AbbyHoopi
    Options
    I took it last year while trying to lose weight. I don't know if it was really helpful or had the placebo effect but I lost almost 30 lbs. I have since stopped taking it and haven't been watching my calories and gained about 10 back. :( I am going back on it and my calorie counting and working out to try and shed about 15-20 lbs!
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    its not a magic diet pill, it is more in the vitamin/supplement category. I have been taking it for a couple of months now. I have gained some more muscle and am getting more defined, but I would say that has more to do with more weightlifting, exercise, and better control over my diet. I have not had any side effects, but just taking this pill is not going to do anything without exercise and dietary controls as well. Hard to say if it helps or not, but it is cheap, and I don't think I have ever read anything bad about it, so why not include it with your multivitamin?
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I take it per my trainer. Been taking it for 5 weeks now along with a switch to Clean eating. Was down 10.5 lbs in 5 weeks.
  • SalamandaSalad
    Options
    I use CLA! I love it. 2 capsules, 3 times a day. I've noticed my face looks very slightly thinner, and overall fat loss has improved over jsut three months. You must take it religiously and be consistent with your food and exercise. It isn't a magic pill - it works when you exercise and eat right. Let me know what you think of it! Good luck!!
  • RonSwanson66
    RonSwanson66 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You wasted your money!

Unless you happen to be a rat.
  • Stephanie2167
    Options
    I'm aware it isn't a diet pill. I told the guy at GNC I didn't want a diet pill. I'm going to start taking 2 pills a day this week. And maybe increase the amount I take slowly. Just hoping it will help increase my metabolism.
  • Lrt4uk
    Lrt4uk Posts: 174
    Options
    I heard about CLA a couple of times on Dr. Oz. That was enought to make me decide against it. It's supposed to help cut belly fat.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I take CLA as well. It is actually found naturally in meats (which I don't eat) and I believe the statistic is in the research and trials they have done it helps you metabolize 1 pound of fat every 5 weeks. So the effects of actual weight loss are minimal. I believe it also has anti-carcinogenic properties. I take CLA, with my Fish Oil supplement and although I haven't seen any CRAZY great effects like to believe its helping. :P
  • wvbuckeye
    Options
    I have tried it and I can tell you that I was told it takes about 90 days for it to go thru your system to work effectively. Im still taking it and on day 45. add me and Ill keep you posted.
  • ncrissey460
    ncrissey460 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ive been taking CLA for several months now and i think its keeping the work ive done off and helped with my skin hair and nails. I take 4 1000mg a day. from the research ive done your suppose to take between 3000-4000mg a day and your suppose to take it for several months before it really starts to work and see results. I dont have any side effects from it, i figure ill keep taking it and see what happens