Zero Calorie Pasta...

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    It's disgusting! And I don't think it is zero calories. I know it is zero ww points.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    I seriously doubt it's zero calorie. It may be all fiber, but rarely is any food zero calorie.
  • modernmom70
    It's made from tofu....ewww and smells like fish! You have to rinse it forever to get the fishy smell off. And then they are squeaky! Again ewwwwww. Don't Do It!
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Haha...when I saw the title I was going to come in and recommend shirataki noodles. :laugh:

Yes, I use them. They're different than pasta for sure, but they're fine. They basically take on the flavor of what you cook them with (i.e., they don't have flavor on their own).

And yes, they are zero Calories.

If you try them and don't care for them (e.g., their consistency) they also have tofu shirataki noodles which are more pasta-like an still *very* low Cals.
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    How can it be zero calorie? Only if threre is a weird way of calculating calories.
  • modernmom70
    How can it be zero calorie? Only if threre is a weird way of calculating calories.

Because they are so gross that you can't even consume them....therefore zero calories...:laugh:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    They smell like fish and have the texture of cartilage. I'm not picky by any standards (I literally do not dislike hardly any food) and I wouldn't touch these again with a 10 foot pole. If something sounds too good to be true, 99 percent of the time.. It is. Just my 2 cents :-). If you try them, rinse them very well first. Trust me
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    I prefer real food that has calories and real pasta.
  • honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    they look just awful. :sick:

I guess though, if you were doing a low-carb thing and just needed a "fat-delivery device", they could be drowned in something tasty.

Now the tofu noodles... that sounds interesting.
  • miacycler
    miacycler Posts: 15 Member
    If its like the slim pasta I use it is 40 cal. for the whole pouch. Very worth it to fill your plate. The secret is in how you prepare it. I just had some tonight. Drain it, rinse it then we stir fried it (cooking spray) with seasoning and added green onions, spray butter and some soy sauce and I used it as a "rice noodle" substitute for my stir fry. Yum!
  • I use both the miracle noodles and the tofu Shirataki noodles. One has 0 calories and the others have 40 calories a bag. You have to rinse them very well and dry them and the I just cook them in the microwave for a minute. I like them better than normal pasta.
  • dmballar1
    dmballar1 Posts: 1 Member
    :smooched: Yes, I bought some awhile back. They are wet noodles packed in a smelly water. They say rinse well before using but the smell was still there. I could not eat them. Try DeBoles Jerusalem Artichoke Flour Spaghetti Pasta. 2oz. is 210 calories, 1 gram fat, 7 gram of protein, 2 grams sugar. Not bad.
  • jenniemarie91
    jenniemarie91 Posts: 37 Member
    I use Shirataki noodles all the time. It's 40 calories for the whole pack. You do need to rinse them well. I love them......I use them in everything!

Edited to add: I only like the Shirataki from Whole Foods, I think the brand name is House Foods or something like that.
  • miacycler
    miacycler Posts: 15 Member
    Oh also, these are the kind I like, you can find them in the grocery store near the meat supplement items. They have macaroni, fettacinni and angel hair! PS- I am having a hard time keeping my "real life" friends motivated on MFP and I need some more online "friends" to keep me motivated.. looking for more!

http://www.lindasdietdelites.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=202&gclid=CI_VoM7hra4CFYRl7AoduA5VVg
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    :wink: Dr Oz swears by them!!! :happy:
  • Too stinky. Blah!

Spaghetti squash is much better IMO
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    This is funny, and true. I also liked the consistency of cartilage description. Not as tough as cartilage though, and why do they smell like bad fish?
  • It is so gross! Don't waste your money.
  • Ok, I think I'm going to have to put them on my list! : ) they're worth a try. If I could get used to veggie burgers, then I think I can do it, for 0 calories... I can add spaghetti sauce - I could eat boot leather if you put enough spaghetti sauce on it! : )
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member

If you have a celery stick that is 17 calories, chop it into 18 pieces. There, now each piece is less than a calorie, therefore it doesn't count.

Or isn't there some kind of law that if something has less than 5 calories per serving, it can be claimed as 0 calories? You only need to cut that celery stick into four pieces, then. Ta-da! Calorie math rules.