What is your #1 weight loss tip?

Options

Replies

• hsmithway
    Options
    Second tip: Do what works for you. Don't make changes that are just going to make things more difficult.
    Skip breakfast if you want, eat 2 giant meals or 10 tiny ones. Doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable with it and it is easiest for you to stick with!

This!

There is tons of good advice on these boards, but not every approach is right for every person. Sometimes the hardest part is figuring out what works best for YOU.
  • debsgallery
    Options
    If you "slip" up and go over your calorie count, just say oops, don't give up and start new the next day. Making this your home page helps too.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    consistence and persistence! :flowerforyou:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    No such thing as losing weight overnight. Taking things step by step.
  • burg1801
    burg1801 Posts: 124
    Options
    Find alternatives.

I find that having alternatives for those urges will keep me from wasting precious calories on crap food.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Grapes grapes grapes grapes grapes.

Btw, grapes.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I have two:

1) Eat REAL food. Generally lower in calories, requires more energy to digest, keeps you fuller.

2) Exercise regularly, including strength training.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,976 Member
    Options
    Be patient! Slow and steady wins the race. So don't try to lose it all in 1 week.
  • Rebjones612
    Options
    Weigh/measure everything and track EVERYTHING, even bites, and don't track it until you're eating it (not at the beginning of the day).
    This I totally agree with...
    invest in measuring cups and a scale to weigh your meat and other products like chips and such...
    this really helped me to keep from overeating....
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Find something you love to do that is physical! Walk, shop, swim, go to the beach, canoe, hike, and my favorite...have lots of great sex! That works too!:blushing:

Your comment makes me wonder...why isn't there a "sex" exercise under cardio? I assume it burns quite a few calories!! :devil:
  • onek9lover
    Options
    Get an iPods, download crazy fun club music, and work it out on the elliptical/treadmill. My song suggestions would be lmfao, black eyed peas, maybe some hat core rap or rock... Fun stuff at makes you want to move.

I think people know I'm jamming out, but I've stopped caring! ;)
  • fooshan
    fooshan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    80% of what you eat, 20% exercise ...

amen!
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    High Fiber. Drink 8oz of water before EVERY meal. Don't deprive yourself, if you want something, have it, just be mindful and savor it. Oh visual stimuli: Put the bikini, skinny jean whatever your dream item is, where you will see it EVERYDAY, like stapled to your closet door or something like that, so you are inspired everytime you see it. And to help stay motivated, enlist some friends. I started a weight loss group at work. It's always easier to do things with someone and we turned it into a little friendly competition, that helps SO MUCH!!!! Either way just keep moving towards your goal....slow and steady wins the race! Good Luck!
  • AbimpyMoschino
    AbimpyMoschino Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    drink a glass of water before your meal and then one after. If you can't finish the second glass you've eaten too much!

I love this and will definitely give it a try..
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't buy crap food. I only buy light breads(hannaford's light wheat is 35 cal a slice), light cheeses (kraft fat free singles are 25 cal a slice), and lots of veggies. If I snack I only snack on veggies or fruits. Spray butter instead of pasta sauce. Bagel thins and low fat cream cheese. Purified water (my brita is the best thing ever)
  • AEB_WV
    AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Don't skip breakfast!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Eat food, but not too much. Move you butt rather than sit on it. Enjoy life.
  • lisaap77
    lisaap77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Find something you love to do that is physical! Walk, shop, swim, go to the beach, canoe, hike, and my favorite...have lots of great sex! That works too!:blushing:

Your comment makes me wonder...why isn't there a "sex" exercise under cardio? I assume it burns quite a few calories!! :devil:

I wonder that same thing? I mean I know I'm sweating, and I really can't think of another cardio exercise I like nearly as much!! :blushing:
  • rayrum
    Options
    Eating at home is my policy for keeping weight under control - you know exactly how you want your body to look and feel, and you know exactly what you're putting into your body when you're at home making food. Ordering "healthy" menu items isn't necessarily going to save you - restaurants are often deceiving. Fattening salads (i.e. too much dressing, a half cup of candied walnuts, bacon crumbles), soups laden with cream and butter, oil drenched filets, and more, often grace the healthy menu option sections.

Plus, keeping satisfying, healthy options in your home negates temptation. I know it's hard for me to not get apple pie a la mode when I could order it and be eating it in 10 minutes. Making it, on the other hand.. not so simple. I'll stick with a baked apple.
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Measure and weigh your portions. In the beginning I found that this really helped me learn about and control portion size, it made me discover how small amounts of common foods can pack a high caloric punch in a pretty measly amount(ie simple plain spaghetti), and it makes tracking your foods easier on MFP.