What is your #1 weight loss tip?

Options

Replies

• shellicious777
    shellicious777 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What works for me is thinking of it simply.

Eat Less
    Move More

Amen!!! My husband says; "it's not rocket science to lose weight!"
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Be patient! Slow and steady wins the race. So don't try to lose it all in 1 week.

Absolutely THIS!

Also, always look for ways to burn some extra calories. Park as far as possible from the entrance to the store/mall (even better if the parking lot is built on a hill!), carry your groceries to the car instead of using a shopping cart, if you work in an office take the stairs instead of the elevator, if you find yourself becoming one with the recliner...get up and move!

Good luck in reaching your goals! :drinker:
  • ramseyellis
    Options
    Track your calories for good or for bad. Use measuring spoons and cups to get accurate portion sizes.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Select specific goals, like "eat five fruits and/or vegetables every day" or "no fried food" rather than broad goals like "eat better". You are more likely to succeed with something specific.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    The truthful answer: you have to get roughly 30 minutes with a good heart rate for it to be effective. There was "sexercise" back in the day but it turned out that it really wasn't all that effective for the average Joe/Jane. I know only because I had to take sex therapy in college and learned all kinds of crazy things :)

My tip is to plan ahead and incorporate things you love every once in a while. If you are going out to eat see if they have an online menu and nutrition facts. It helps if you know in advance what you are getting yourself into.

And I am not anti-dieting. South Beach, Atkins, Weight Watchers, NutriSystem...whatever it is, as long as it's healthy, it should be fine. I am not one of those who believe weight loss alone brings you health as I lost 120 lbs once before and had more health issues then as compared to now that I have gained all the weight back. Eat! Eat a well balanced diet! It is the only thing that works for me...that and exercise :)
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    Drink water.
  • beemcbe
    beemcbe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    In addition to the gym, I like to play with youtube videos. There are sooooooo many of them out there that you can find anything to suit you. Sometimes I'll do a couple ten minute ones on my day off from the gym, just so I don't feel like I've been a total slug. Plus, they're fun!
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    Sign up for a 5k or something like that. I did and it gets my butt on that treadmill everyday!
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    green tea(the teabag kind) and lots of lemon water!
  • beemcbe
    beemcbe Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    ALSO! As a college student, the typical excuse is that "I don't have time... there's too much to do." Sometimes, when I'm studying, I'll pace around my room while I read over my notes. (I also talk out loud to myself when I do it.) I look like a nut, but who's judging? Every step counts.
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    water, water, water...and when all else fails. drink some more water :laugh:
  • on_a_roll
    on_a_roll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's it! Eat Less, Move More. Mostly Eat Less, unless you dig ditches with a shovel.
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    More nutrition in less calories!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Find something you love to do that is physical! Walk, shop, swim, go to the beach, canoe, hike, and my favorite...have lots of great sex! That works too!:blushing:

Your comment makes me wonder...why isn't there a "sex" exercise under cardio? I assume it burns quite a few calories!! :devil:

I wonder that same thing? I mean I know I'm sweating, and I really can't think of another cardio exercise I like nearly as much!! :blushing:

Hear, hear!! :drinker:
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything, everytime, everyday. Eyeballing does not work for weight loss. Yup, the package says you can have 1/4 cup cheese but that 1/4 cup should only weigh 28 grams, which means you can't pack it down. :-)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Relax! Don't get yourself all stressed out, just change your habits a bit at a time.
    And...
    Get in that kitchen! If you aren't spending at least four hours a week chopping up veggies, you probably aren't eating enough of them (or you are spending too much to have someone else chop them hehe)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Food portions. Only eat the recomended portion.
  • Tanyawhite30
    Options
    pre-plan all my meals for the week!
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Small incremental changes.

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better.
    When you completely change your whole life at once, you revert to the familiar in times of stress.

A couple of small changes at a time, then a few weeks later when they've become habit another couple of changes and so on and so on.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I only eat food that I absolutely love to eat. If it's yucky, I don't eat it.