Whats your favorite healthy breakfast?

Options

Replies

• bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have my go-to's:

Kashi cereal (pretty much any kind) with skim milk and a fresh fruit of some kind

or

one whole egg plus two egg whites scrambled with 1 tbsp skim milk, 1/2 c portabella mushrooms and some green onion and served with a Thomas' multi-grain english muffin and 1/2 tbsp canola butter, possibly fresh fruit

or

lighted salted rice cake, 1 tbsp peanut butter drizzled with honey and served fresh fruit

or

Smoothie: 1 c frozen fruit, 1 c almond milk or skim milk, 3 tsp Splenda or Truvia and 1 scoop vanilla protein powder - blended
  • kefox143
    Options
    Greek yogurt with one cup of blueberries and one cup of strawberries with 1 cup skim milk
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    oatmeal wheat pancakes with honey cream cheese. So yummy!
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I like 1 hard boiled egg cut in slices on 2 pieces of whole wheat bread with mustard, light nonfat yogurt, and 5.5 ounce glass of V8 juice.
  • SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    A three egg white omelet with some spaghetti square, mixed vegetables such as broccoli, peppers, and onion
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Liquid eggs, with tons and tons of veggies and salsa. Or Greek yogurt with protein powder and blueberries
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    my new breakfast addiction is 1 large organic egg mixed with .5 cup of cooked spaghetti squash - I then make an omelet/patty of it in an ns pan with spinach or kale, tomatoes - sometimes I spread a laughing cow cheese on it - sometimes top with some fresh parm..sometimes topped with some salsa... If I'm extra starving..I use two eggs and a bit more squash...
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup oat bran or steel-cut oats with 1 T almond butter, cinnamon, and a splash of almond milk. Every. Morning.

Perfect meal for before a run. After my run I load up on the protein - egg whites/chicken sausage or a protein shake (cinnabun protein powder + almond milk)
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal and some almond milk, an egg, and half a grapefruit. My favorite breakfast is a scrambled egg or poached egg with spinach sandwich. hmmmm!
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
    Hot tea
    3 oz of avocado
    double serving of cream of wheat with walnuts and a whole banana and a splash of almond milk mixed in. If I am contemplating a killer workout, I will add about 16g of brown sugar.
  • bunnzye2
    Options
    1/2 cup beans with bell peppers, 1/8 cup rice, dunkin donuts coffee
  • RachCVT
    Options
    tofu scramble

so delish (!!) for any meal
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    instant oatmeal with macintosh apple cut-up, cinnamon and splenda or 100-calorie multi-grain muffin with one egg cooked in Pam.
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie in my Vitamix every morning!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers - Smart Ones - Ham & Cheese Scramble for on the go - zap it - eat it and run. 220 calories.
  • Tamalamak
    Options
    1 cup baby spinach scrambled with 1/2 cup egg whites, and topped with 1 slice of reduced fat swiss- you can make it the night before and reheat for something quick and filling.
  • katsmit2
    Options
    nutrigrain waffle with strawberry cream cheese - YUM!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i eat honey bunches of oats just about everyday with skim milk....not sure how "healthy" that really is, but i LOVE cereal ! :laugh:

I'm a cereal addict, too! I love corn chex and cinnamon life

I love you all. Fellow cereal addicts unite!!! To be more healthy I've tried recently to direct my obsession towards plain oatmeal. So far, so good.
  • twinteacups
    Options
    Quaker Maple & Brown Sugar Oatmeal or bran flakes with 1% milk! c:
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish..but also sounds like my calorie allowance for the whole day!!! :(