Replies

• tmassy
    tmassy Posts: 21
    Options
    chicken and waffles. the fat free, sugar free kind. :P
  • froth
    froth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt has upwards of 15 g of protein.
  • racha2424
    racha2424 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My breakfast varies cuz I don't wanna get bored....I do a whole wheat bagel w/ cream cheese, or homemade smoothies, cereal with skim milk, oatmeal, and whole wheat toast w/ peanut butter.
  • BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat high carb pre workout breakfast. I am not trying to lose anything. I have maintained 9% bodyfat. Carbs are fine if they are the good carbs for your body.

Regardless of maintaining 9% body fat, what is your take on insulin resistance from carbs spiking your insulin?
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump. I need breakfast ideas. I get extremely sick if I don't eat but I'm burnt out on oatmeal and don't want to do drive-thru. Smoothies sound like a good idea for before class. Recently, I've been making tuna sandwiches with some sort of fruit on the side.
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    bump. I need breakfast ideas. I get extremely sick if I don't eat but I'm burnt out on oatmeal and don't want to do drive-thru. Smoothies sound like a good idea for before class. Recently, I've been making tuna sandwiches with some sort of fruit on the side.

You crash so easy from sugar and carbs at breakfast. I say try omlettes with veggies and avocado or steak and eggs!
  • PaoPaoFlores
    Options
    Chocobanana smoothie: combine in a blender 1 frozen banana, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/4 cup 0% fat greek yogurt, and light soy milk to desired consistency- Yum!

Going to try this one. LOVE smoothies for breakfast and LOVE anything chocolate!!!!
  • littlesis412
    Options
    I hate eggs.

And did you post this question so you could get ideas or just critic everyone else's?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    A boiled egg and a yogurt with berries and great grains cereal mixed in. I eat breakfast at work so it's pretty good for keeping me full.
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    I hate eggs.

try some meat with veggies or salmon with veggies for breakfast
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Where do you get the gelatin? I have a bad left knee and a bad right ankle. I'm looking for anything that can help with my joint pain. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!
  • quishajuice
    quishajuice Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I hate eggs.

And did you post this question so you could get ideas or just critic everyone else's?

I was about to ask this same question LOL
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I would say oatmeal, but I had the dryest oatmeal today, because I ran outta milk...and it grossed me out, and I probably won't eat it again for awhile....but I do love Kashi for cereal =)
  • Ziinx
    Ziinx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Egg, large - 6 grams protein
    Chobani Greek Yogurt, plain 6 oz - 18 grams protein
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    I hate eggs.

Did you read where I said "As long as these are helping your weight loss goals then keep trucking! I am highly against bread, grains, wheat and pasta etc etc but thats me! All glory to you all for what you do eat! Just keep it healthy! Looks awesome!"

Derr
  • littlesis412
    Options
    Where do you get the gelatin? I have a bad left knee and a bad right ankle. I'm looking for anything that can help with my joint pain. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

I think they're referring to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Knox-Original-32-Count-Envelopes-Unflavored/dp/B001EPQTD2/ref=sr_1_2?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1329791027&sr=1-2

I'm sure you could pick it up at a local grocery but this at least gives you an idea what you're looking for. Try the baking section.
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    I hate eggs.

I was about to ask this same question LOL

Use your eyeballs. I said this on the first page "As long as these are helping your weight loss goals then keep trucking! I am highly against bread, grains, wheat and pasta etc etc but thats me! All glory to you all for what you do eat! Just keep it healthy! Looks awesome!"
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Bagel Thins with 1 egg and 2 egg whites, plus a slice of Weight Watchers reduced fat cheese.

Total cals: 335
    Total grams of protein: 20
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Home made burrito, packed with bell peppers onions, beans and rice
  • BrandonDoom
    Options
    Bagel Thins with 1 egg and 2 egg whites, plus a slice of Weight Watchers reduced fat cheese.

Total cals: 335
    Total grams of protein: 20

That sounds delicious!