Whats your favorite healthy breakfast?

Options

Replies

• CuteBlondie
    Options
    I know it sound stupid but eat what u want but chew 30 times and you will get tired and wanna eat alot... :) hahahah
  • BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have salmon scrambles. If not, and decided to not eat I do coffee with extra cream. Then dinner I do steak and veggies.
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    omelet with 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup egg beaters, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and feta cheese...now I want an omelet :laugh:
  • BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    omelet with 1 whole egg, 1/2 cup egg beaters, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and feta cheese...now I want an omelet :laugh:

Gouda and feta are literally my favorite cheeses!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Smoothie!
  • Aleciajones
    Options
    2oz Jimmy dean maple sausage, egg whites with tomato, peppers (banana and bell), asparagus, spinach in cooked in a spoon of coconut oil, maybe some feta or colby on top (1oz) with coffee
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I have a few.

I love a good smoothie
    I love my bircher museli
    I love my poached eggs

but my new love, is cottage cheese, spiced pear on toast, omg so good! and very filling.
  • tcarson0311
    Options
    I just started eating Quaker whole hearts lightly sweetened oat cereal with 2% milk and coffee; I like the texture of this cereal more than Honey Nut Cheerios. I eat cereal just about everyday except Sunday; I'm a cereal junkie too.
  • h4indiana
    Options
    Rice cakes with peanut butter and banana on them.
  • bjwbmw
    bjwbmw Posts: 55
    Options
    one egg white, one serving better than eggs - mixed with spinach, tomato, peppers - add one slice of ezekial bread - with 1 pat of butter. Love it!
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup greek yogurt, 1/2 cup oatmeal raw, 1/3 cup high fiber cereal raw, 1 scoop, 25 gram dutch chocolate high protein isolate, 1/2 oz. walnuts 1/4 cup blueberries. mix thoroughly , thin with blueberry juice if needed, eat cold. Yum!
  • ashtonalayna
    Options
    Half cup of old fashioned oatmeal mixed with 1/4 cup Dannon Light N Fit vanilla yogurt.
  • whipdancer
    whipdancer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    1/2 lb thick slice bacon, 4 slices of french toast w/powdered sugar and syrup, 2 eggs scrambled... oh wait, the healthy version (sorry, was thinking about BEFORE I started trying to be healthy)..

I usually eat breakfast twice...

First time is frequently 1/2 cup oatmeal w/protein powder. I try different protein powders (chocolate, vanilla, cookies & cream) trying the ones that are low in sugar or sugar free.

On days when I just don't feel like making something, I'll eat an MRP - usually a think thin or atkins advantage bar - something with at least 15 grams of protein and no more than 10 grams of carbs (usually less than 8 grams). That allows me to space my carb intake thru the day. I've found I don't crash during the day near as often as I used to.

The second meal is usually the one I didn't eat first - oatmeal or the MRP. Some days I'll bring 2 servings of lunch and I'll eat that instead (I love my turkey/quinoa/vege recipe).
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Either 3 slices of bacon burnt to a crisp and two large eggs cooked in butter

or

Two pieces of Ezekiel 4:9 bread with 2 tbsp raw crunchy peanut butter

AND always: Two cups of coffee with 1/2 tbsp light cream per cup
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The night before I mix a half cup quick cook oats with 6 oz sugar free yogurt, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Mix in a quarter cup of original FiberOne cereal the next morning right before I eat it. It's good, but it makes me feel very old.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal.....
  • neaneawy
    neaneawy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i eat honey bunches of oats just about everyday with skim milk....not sure how "healthy" that really is, but i LOVE cereal ! :laugh:

I'm a cereal addict, too! I love corn chex and cinnamon life

Yum, corn chex with blueberries and a little stevia!
  • baribeau375
    baribeau375 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I enjoy one of two different breakfasts every morning between around 8 AM. 4-5 days a week I have an omelet made from 1 cup of Kirkland (Costco) egg substitutes, an abudance of onions, green pepper and 1/2 roma tomato. I laso add to it a slice of Kirkland lean sliced ham. Cooked with Pam. It provides a filling and nutritious meal that stays with me until noon when I eat lunch. (192 Calories)

Second choice is cereal, made from 1/3 cups of each raisin bran, oatmeal (uncooked), and bite sized shredded wheat. I add 1/2 banana and 3/4 of skim milk and no sugar. I heat it for 30 seconds in a the microwave. It's quick and nutritious and stills keeps me until noon. But it has 30% more calories (more carbs, less protien) than the omelet.

I never deviate from these even when I eat breakfast out.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream, 2 wheat toast, peanut butter with cinnamon.
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and Chobani fruit-flavored greek yogurt