What is your #1 weight loss tip?

Options
1235»

Replies

• nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Weigh/measure everything and track EVERYTHING, even bites, and don't track it until you're eating it (not at the beginning of the day).
    This I totally agree with...
    invest in measuring cups and a scale to weigh your meat and other products like chips and such...
    this really helped me to keep from overeating....

Amen. I can't imagine what I'd do without measuring cups or a scale, especially for meat.
  • LMcNeal86
    LMcNeal86 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Small incremental changes.

You don't have to be perfect, you just have to be better.
    When you completely change your whole life at once, you revert to the familiar in times of stress.

A couple of small changes at a time, then a few weeks later when they've become habit another couple of changes and so on and so on.

This was a big one for me - making small changes with each change - If I do too much at once then I won't stick to it...
    Also, everyone is different; but, I look for ways to increase my metabolism...I eat a hearty breakfast, try to eat small meals throughout the day, and if I don't work out in the morning I'll do some quick crunches and push-ups to get things moving...they don't take long and I started out with 10 push-ups (on knees) and 20 crunches and then move up to 20/40 and 30/60 moving in between the two to rest my abs or arms...
    good luck!
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Figure out a way of eating and doing things that can help you achieve your goals but is something you can do forever. If a plan asks you to remove a bunch of foods from your diet that you really love, chances are you're going to only stick with it for a while. Enjoy what you're doing and you'll succeed.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Have a small fridge that has a lock on it that only your Hubby has for all the junk food he keeps buying! and for some really good food I make , that is to good .
  • RachCVT
    Options
    (so much of this is re-training your mind)

i have 2...

1. nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
    2. think of food as fuel only; it has a purpose. (this prevents me from thinking about / wanting food that isn't good for me)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Don't try too hard. Smaller changes that you can keep doing long term are better than major changes that lead to burn out and fatigue. IE... don't zip straight to the "I'm gonna eat 1200 calories and lose 2# a week" mentality. Aim for one pound a week. Or a half pound. You'll still get there.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Lots of good info
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Be aware! and Beware!

Be aware/Beware of what you are eating.
    Be aware/Beware of what you are drinking.
    Be aware/Beware of WHY you are eating or drinking.
    Be aware/Beware of how you are feeling (physically and emotionally).
    Be aware/Beware of your movement or lack thereof.
    Be aware/Beware of your sleeping patterns.

And KNOW that your are worth every bit of the effort you are making to improve your health and fitness!
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    The most effective workout plan is the one you will do.

Most of my problem is aiming too high. When I can't do it, for physical or mental reasons, I become discouraged. When I aim lower, I may not burn as many calories but I feel POWERFUL and that makes me want to come back.
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Drink just water.

You'll eliminate like 250- 500 calories a day.

Crazy coffee type beverage crap can push 800-1000, and some dessert type drinks are in the 1500-2000 calorie range.

Doesn't get much simpler.
  • gfrank16
    Options
    One of my best friends recently told me a quote that helps me when I have cravings for things that would totally blow my calories; "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Every time my coworkers are going to Cookout for lunch, (my fast food weakness,) I think about this. As ridiculous as it sounds, it actually helps.
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I am so simple...

1- Close your mouth / move your *kitten*
    2- What you eat in private you wear it in public
    3- You can get excuses or results but not both at the same time

:)

Jose
  • brentsblog
    brentsblog Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Don't be disillusioned or demotivated if you don't see changes on the scales.
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    drink green tea! (various health benefits)
    and eat more in the beginning of the day (most calories at breakfast, second most at lunch, least at dinner)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Find something you love to do that is physical! Walk, shop, swim, go to the beach, canoe, hike, and my favorite...have lots of great sex! That works too!:blushing:

Your comment makes me wonder...why isn't there a "sex" exercise under cardio? I assume it burns quite a few calories!! :devil:

I wonder that same thing? I mean I know I'm sweating, and I really can't think of another cardio exercise I like nearly as much!! :blushing:
    There is and option on LoseIt!.com
  • sarahcs424
    sarahcs424 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Keep moving! Every time I want to watch something on tv I'll do sit ups or leg lifts. I keep my house immaculate as well because cleaning is a great calorie burner :)
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming swimming swimming, what do we do? We swim, swim!
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i bought a healthy portion plate, worth every penny.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone! I was hoping to get a few tips from people who have 'been there' and you all came through for me. You gave me more tips on this forum than I've found on the entire site. I'm going to make a list and start trying them a few at a time. :)