Whats your favorite healthy breakfast?

Options

Replies

• MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    I'm big on the breakfast smoothies & overnight oats. I love protein pancakes for a treat once in a while too. :)

What's a protein pancake? How do you make them?

Mindy
  • rharpera
    rharpera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thomas' multigrain English muffin with 1-2 tbs of peanut butter and a small cup of Naked juice!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Half a cup (dry) oats cooked with a tablespoon each cinnamon and chia seed and served with a splash (1/4 cup) of almond milk.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Wholegrain toast. Then mix ricotta cheese, small amount of honey and cinamin, spread on toast, top with sliced fresh pear and sprinkle with more cinamin, amazing
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    First, I drink a huge 16.9 oz room temp water, as soon as I get up and that really fills me up and gets things movin and helps me come "alive" from a nice long restful sleep.

Then, I love eating a super juicy or sweet organic fruit for breakfast. The sugars do something in my system that really get me motivated and hyped to exercise about 20 or 30 minutes after eating the really delicious fruit and gives me a kinda super enegy or something really terrific.

It's almost like I have two breakfast' because after I workout or go for a nice long brisk walk while and as the fruit is digesting in my system, when I get done with my exercise I'll eat:

something filled with proteins (like left-overs from dinner) or some type of or fiber super rich stuff like Ezekiel 4:9 cereal or some really yummy organic and healthy flax and hemp and other kinds of granola filled with organic raisins, almonds, walnuts, and different kind of stuff like that bathe in Hemp or coconut milk. It fills me totally up and prepares me for my day. That's my favorite breakfasts!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Coffee with cream, 2 wheat toast, peanut butter with cinnamon.

I end up with toast an peanut butter at least 3 times a week...when I'm running late.

M
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Put a corn tortilla in a pan. Crack an egg on the tortilla. Wait for it to cook, then flip it and briefly cook it on the other side. Fold salsa, cheese or whatever low cal fillings into it.
  • shadowkitty22
    shadowkitty22 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup steel cut oatmeal with 1oz of blueberries and a glass of milk.
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    In a bowl, I whip together: 1/3 c. egg beaters egg whites and 1 whole large egg with garlic powder, chili powder, 1/2 tsp Frank's red hot, and a little cumin. In a saucepan, I sautee about half a colored bell pepper. After it sautees a bit, I add 1 c. of chopped fresh spinach and let that cook down just a little. Pour the eggs over top and scramble. Then I put that in a high fiber tortilla with a TBSP or so of the reduced fat Mexican blend cheese and eat with apple slices on the side. so yummy.
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    Mine is 3 eggs, 2 chicken apple sausages (nitrate free, no harmonies, no no msg free range) , half of an avocado with some salsa and a cup of black coffee. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Sounds yummy! How many calories total?
  • tammeegirl
    tammeegirl Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Since I dont eat meat I am paranoid I wont get enough protein in each day, so I start each day with this powerhouse protein smoothie.
    4oz any flavor crystal light (for liquid so it blends and for flavor)
    2 oz Almond Breeze (little more liquid)
    4 oz plain fat free greek yogurt
    1 scoop whey protein
    handful frozen berries, (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberries, whatever is in season buy in bulk and freeze)
    Frozen banana (1/3 of a small banana makes it naturally sweetened)
    Blend and enjoy 42 grams of protein!!!! LOVE IT!!! Super delish, has sooooooooo much flavor if you try I promise you will love it.
  • ginamcoyle
    Options
    Egg whites and some fruit - any kind I happen to have on hand!
  • Alegrya
    Alegrya Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Half cup of old fashioned oatmeal mixed with 1/4 cup Dannon Light N Fit vanilla yogurt.

Hooray another cereal and yoghurt eater! Presently I have about 1/2 cup of cereal mixed into whatever 170gm tub of yoghurt I pull out of the fridge that morning.

Once a week I have poached eggs and mushroom (breakfast at cafe before work).
  • littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Since I dont eat meat I am paranoid I wont get enough protein in each day, so I start each day with this powerhouse protein smoothie.
    4oz any flavor crystal light (for liquid so it blends and for flavor)
    2 oz Almond Breeze (little more liquid)
    4 oz plain fat free greek yogurt
    1 scoop whey protein
    handful frozen berries, (strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, raspberries, whatever is in season buy in bulk and freeze)
    Frozen banana (1/3 of a small banana makes it naturally sweetened)
    Blend and enjoy 42 grams of protein!!!! LOVE IT!!! Super delish, has sooooooooo much flavor if you try I promise you will love it.

Yummy :) What are the other stats on this? Like how many calories?
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Eaaaaasily oatmeal. I could eat it all day. Or organic waffles. Both are super low cal, too!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cheese, tomato, mushroom (sometimes ham) 2 egg omlette with wilted baby spinach.

30gm oats with half a banana and tsp honey or oats with shredded coconut and apple.

30gm of low sugar museli with yoghurt and protein powder.

Banana protein shake with soy or organic milk..

Treats
    Egg with spray oil, grilled ham, mushrooms, avocado and grilled tomato.

Protein pancake with plain yoghurt, banana and a drizzle of honey

I rotate between all of these and they are ALL my favourite. I never used to be a breakfast person but now i LOVE it!
  • ljbhill
    ljbhill Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What's overnight oats? Do you just mix oats with yoghurt and leave it overnight? Sorry probably sounds like a silly question. How do you flavour it? I only use plain unsweetened yoghurt.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal!! :)
  • glory2Him
    glory2Him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Tomorrow I am treating myself to two slices of toast with low fat cottage cheese, tomato and pepper. I have reached my goal weight so am maintaining now :) so my daily consumption limit has increased! yippeeeeee :D