Gas Prices?!?!

Options

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I heard a funny discussion about the gas prices on the TV the other day. They were commenting that when gas hit $3 a gallon everyone was up in arms and blaming Bush and saying he had to do something about it. Why aren't we blaming Obama for this mess that we're in? All's fair....

Because Obama can do no wrong duh :)
  • cockneypaul
    cockneypaul Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Well if you bought a gallon over here in the UK it would cost you $9.42.

What ya moanin about lol
  • thatgirl125
    thatgirl125 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I know, isn't it insane?! In Michigan, it was around $3.30 towards the end of last week, and I just saw on the news last night that it's now in the $3.50s. They said it could get up to $4.50 by summertime!! Crazy...

where are you in Michigan paying $3.30? lol Las time I pumped gas it was already $3.50 in Adrian the time before that it was $3.69 I believe. It seems the day after I fill my tank up in fear it will rise again the day after it goes down a little then spikes right back up. It sucks because I live in Adrian and it is a small town and we have to pay so much then the last time I went to Ann Arbor it was 20 cents cheaper and it is a much bigger town and far more wealthier of a town too.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Wow. I paid 2.95 a gallon on Saturday. I have nothing to complain about.
  • cockneypaul
    cockneypaul Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Guys I live in the UK where we recently changed from Gallons to Litres when measuring fuel.

One Gallon = about 4.5 Litres

1 Litre of petrol in the UK costs about £1.09... Or $1.72 in USD.

That means a gallon of "gas" at UK prices would cost you around $7.74

Thank your lucky stars and stripes for what you pay!
    £1.09 a litre.???

£1.29 a litre buddy and £1.36 for diesel
  • thatgirl125
    Options
    I heard a funny discussion about the gas prices on the TV the other day. They were commenting that when gas hit $3 a gallon everyone was up in arms and blaming Bush and saying he had to do something about it. Why aren't we blaming Obama for this mess that we're in? All's fair....

Because Obama can do no wrong duh :)

haah duh its obama he cant do wrong ;) . Besides half the people who voted for him do not even own a car.
    wow... I cannot believe I just said that : X.
    Meanest thing I have said in a REALLY long time.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Its $3.51 for reg in jersey....they said here will be to $4.25 a gallon by end of april. Its redic
  • joannea1988
    Options
    petrol is about £1.39 a litre in sunny uk , dunno where the £1.09 came from so thats about £6.25 approx $9.87 per gallon. its disgusting ats about 60pence tax per litre? i think
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I paid $3.41 yesterday... and it was a good thing I got it yesterday, because I saw this morning it was $3.59 and that's one of our "cheaper" gas stations (but not as cheap as walmart)... I can stand $4 gas (though I will not like it) but $5 is way too much... it's a good thing I have a semi-compact car... Oh and I live in the DFW area.
    Guys I live in the UK where we recently changed from Gallons to Litres when measuring fuel.

One Gallon = about 4.5 Litres

1 Litre of petrol in the UK costs about £1.09... Or $1.72 in USD.

That means a gallon of "gas" at UK prices would cost you around $7.74

Thank your lucky stars and stripes for what you pay!

That doesn't mean it's any less harder... when you get used to it being a lower price and then it jumps 60 cents everytime you look, it's hard. Besides, we are such an auto-centric society that most of this country doesn't have decent alternative BUT to drive. And I thought Europeans (Brits included) always measured in liters, not gallons... at least this was the case years ago.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    :sad: It's $4.05 here today
  • meglep
    meglep Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Just filled up this morning for $1.26 a litre!!
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yep here in the UK it's about $9 a gallon!!! And probably on it's way up AGAIN!!!! Would be lush to only pay the sterling equivalent of $3.89!!!! but then the government wouldn't like it as they would lose out big time since they take about 60% in tax or thereabouts!!! The motorist gets kicked all the time over here & when u live in a rural area with next to no public transport then u have no choice but to use ur car & pay the premium costs!!! Grrrrr.....:sad:
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I have a company car and get free gas and insurance...please don't hate!! :P
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I live in california and prices are over $4/gallon.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Yep here in the UK it's about $9 a gallon!!! And probably on it's way up AGAIN!!!! Would be lush to only pay the sterling equivalent of $3.89!!!! but then the government wouldn't like it as they would lose out big time since they take about 60% in tax or thereabouts!!! The motorist gets kicked all the time over here & when u live in a rural area with next to no public transport then u have no choice but to use ur car & pay the premium costs!!! Grrrrr.....:sad:

Hahaha... I live in a city (and not a rural one at that) that doesn't have any public transport either... so I feel that pain... I would rather take the bus...
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I know, it's positively *HEINOUS*.

I was in Sausalito this weekend (out in the San Francisco Bay) and it was $4.32 for the CHEAP stuff. I just bout died.
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    $3.49 in central IL ~ I was able to fill up at $3.23 before it went up yesterday. I got a bike for Christmas and can't wait for it to warm up just a little bit more for me to use it everyday.
  • 1981simm
    1981simm Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    2.98 a gallon here in eastern Utah... but it's supposed to go up this week
  • thatgirl125
    Options
    2.98 a gallon here in eastern Utah... but it's supposed to go up this week

wow I do not remember the last time I paid 2.98 or a gallon of gas!
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to have to buy a motorcycle once I hit my goal weight. Not because I'm a motorcycle enthusiast or anything; in fact the thought of riding one intimidates me a little. But they absolutely sip gasoline.