Hope to start a Christian thread

Options

Replies

• queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Here's a link to a daily devotional to encourage us on this healthy lifestyle journey. Hoping you will all be blessed.

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/lifestyle/for-dieters/
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hey
    Im in
    Queen - I love crosswalk btw!!! great place to also gain encouragment i daily life!!

XXPINK
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Here's a link to a daily devotional to encourage us on this healthy lifestyle journey. Hoping you will all be blessed.

http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/lifestyle/for-dieters/

THANK YOU! :flowerforyou: for posting this website. The devotionals are great, and very fitting. Anyone who is tempted to overeat, should read the one for 6/29/9 to help them stay on track!!
  • GraceKelly
    GraceKelly Posts: 7,378
    Options
    I think you have a great idea, you know there is ALWAYS gonna be someone that is negative. I agree with other posters, its not any different then the other specialty groups!
    Good luck with your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    You're Awesome Jeannie. :flowerforyou:

I believe weight loss begins in the spirit. Unless you find out what issues you're covering with food and deal with your pain; you will not be able to lose the weight and sustain it. Christ is my way. Even though I may not agree with others' beliefs, I believe we are all given freedom to choose.:flowerforyou:
    Well what I would suggest, if I may..........is to have an acronym (sp)

You will find that if you start chatting with like minded ppl, an ongoing thread will occur.

Proud thread was just a one time thread that has now been going on for over 6 months. We encourage each other.

Nothing and Something and OOOOh Goodness threads were started and continue because they are friends and enjoy each others 'company'

You could start a CROSS training thread..........lol
  • sassycat
    sassycat Posts: 108
    Options
    How about let's not make it a big deal and not worry about it? If you don't agree with how Christians believe, don't read the thread. Not a biggie.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I completely agree with sarge. :smile:

I agree with this. If a person that does not want encouragement from fellow christians for their weight goals, etc. --don't read the thread! I totally agree with sarge too!! :happy:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    hey, i'm no religious martyr or anything. But i mean, if a bunch of people wanna encourage each other thru God regarding health stuff. Seriously, knock yourself out. Its not like anyone is passing collection plates around or expecting you to kiss the Pope's Ring every mile ran. gimme a break.

by the way... when I see threads about women's periods and people talking about pregnancies. Instead of being offended.....wow, newsflash, I don't read it. Nobody likes a snitch.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    hey, i'm no religious martyr or anything. But i mean, if a bunch of people wanna encourage each other thru God regarding health stuff. Seriously, knock yourself out. Its not like anyone is passing collection plates around or expecting you to kiss the Pope's Ring every mile ran. gimme a break.

Agreed.

There was a big stink when the "No excuses/no coddling - Bring it" threads first started, which I never understood.

This forum is large enough for everyone to get the support/motivation that works best for them.

Good luck with your thread and your weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think the idea is great. Those that want to join in..should feel free. I'm not sure why there is a big deal being made at all. :ohwell:

I know that I for one prayed every day for the continued strength and will to keep going when working on losing the 135 lbs I did. :wink:

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • xsargex
    Options
    whoa.....look out! Talking about prayer? Keep an eye out for the MFP Gastapo.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Yea, lol!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    whoa.....look out! Talking about prayer? Keep an eye out for the MFP Gastapo.
    Rut Roh!! :noway: :laugh:
  • xsargex
    Options
    Jackboots, Sieg Heils, and high-steppin right thru a Christian Thread near you.
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I think the idea is great. Those that want to join in..should feel free. I'm not sure why there is a big deal being made at all. :ohwell:

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami

I agree, what's the big deal.
    Christians are people too. :flowerforyou:
    Sometimes, it's nice to stumble onto a thread where certain things won't be said simply due to the people it's made up of. :wink:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Oh-EE-Oh-OHOH-OH

Guards_2.jpg
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I like the Collection Plate idea though!! :laugh: :laugh:

I just have this vision of us all clicking paypal upon entering this thread!! :laugh:
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    :smile: I'm in.
  • xsargex
    Options
    Is this an Oz joke because I'm from kansas? haha well played.
  • icandoallthings
    icandoallthings Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

.......... Its not like anyone is passing collection plates around or expecting you to kiss the Pope's Ring every mile ran. gimme a break.

L_O_L!! :laugh: :laugh:
    *cracking up* Thx - that was HILARE!

The struggles with weight loss can get very intense sometimes.
    Unfortunately, it's so wide-spread (no pun intended - haha) amongst the
    church body. ie..The "Sunday Potluck"! Arghh. :grumble: :wink:

Prayer and encouragement from Christian brothers & sisters in agreement
    are just a couple of major keys to success. Very difficult to do on your own.
    That's why this website is getting more popular everyday! It's much needed
    and I'm grateful for it!

As far was this Christian message board/stream... I'm definitely in! :flowerforyou:
    AMEN!
    (can I say "Amen"?) :wink:
  • xsargex
    Options
    Agreed. Here's another perspective. What if we were creating a 12-step Thread...or AA thread, or spiritual encouragment for NA. Would that be frowned upon?
This discussion has been closed.