Where are the positive people?

Options
So, I have been reading topics today. Some of the things people post amaze me. I thought that MFP was supposed to be about being healthier and having a support group to help, not tear people down. Deleting friends because of what they consider to be exercise is stupid. If people are just starting out or have very sedentary lifestyles normally and they want to log cleaning or sex or whatever, that is their business. If you don't like it, who cares?

If you want to sit on a high horse and judge people for their choices, find somewhere else to do it. I am not talking about constructive criticism, as we can all use that. I'm talking about being a jerk because someone does it differently than you.

That being said, I am looking for the positive people of MFP. I like my supportive friends (that are still honest) and could always use more. I am supportive and try to give advice as I can without being hateful.

Have a great day fellow MFPers! :)

Replies

• nytdreamer80
    nytdreamer80 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree!!!!! The nerve of some people. Really aggravates me. We all need support and encouragement.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Surround yourself with people that make you feel good and that are honest too...that always goes a long way!!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Ha! I'm so not ashamed to say that sometimes I'll go ahead & log "Cleaning" as exercise when I haven't done any formal exercising & want to eat something but I'm too close to my calorie limit. :blushing:
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Know what you are talking about. I give any and all members the benefit of the doubt. Maybe having an off day etc. I usually try to ignore the neg and focus on the positive. If you want to add me as a friend, I will be positive and encouraging. I don't need to beat anyone up, they usually do that all by themselves. Have a great day!!!:flowerforyou:
  • tatertotfishstick
    tatertotfishstick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    we all have off days... but WE CAN DO THIS!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Totally agree....
  • TonyL68
    TonyL68 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Find positve friends with similar goals and focus more on them and less on the forums. Internet forums are a notorious feeding ground for trolls and wankers. This site is no exception, so take what the negative or judgmental people say with a grain of salt. Or better yet, ignore them altogether.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I always welcome new positive friends. I try to encourage others, as it also motivates me to keep going! Ya'll are free to add me.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Rock on Amie!!! I sometimes feel that those people are just like the "mean kids" in high school. I'll just stay to my group and they can stay to theirs!! I'm just peachy with my buddies!! I was never a "popular" kid...actually, I was in the outcast group. Glasses, overweight, freckles, red hair, retainer, good grades Amanda. I don't expect to be "popular" here either. I LOVE my MFP family...but as with all families, there are a few black sheep that we must tolerate. ;)
  • elguapo911
    Options
    Well said.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Positive person right here... Good point! As to why I just stay away from all the negativity :)
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    couldnt agree more! A poor friend of mine on here was so upset the other day by people being down right rude! We are all on here because we are making a change in our lives! Mean people just suck!!!!!!
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I agree. If it's not for you, then don't do it, but don't knock those who log cleaning..."house engineers" often don't get enough credit as it is for what they do daily. Bottom line, it is calories burned. Feel free to add me if you are looking for positive encouragement and support :)
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! The same goes for life in general as well. Always surround yourself with positivity (pshh spell-check says that's not a word! lol)!! I'm my own worst critic, I don't need someone I don't know pulling me down, I've got that covered! :wink:
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Totally agree! Feel free to add me if you're looking for new friends!
  • emmaruns
    emmaruns Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I made a decision ONLY to be around positive, encouraging people for this. Anyone who says I might fail or I'm doing it wrong gets ignored, both here an in real life.

Now, there are things I was doing that weren't working and some very nice people here helped me tweak so I got back to losing. Not saying that I know everything which is why this site is awesome but there are a lot of people (mostly in real life) who I think wouldn't believe my level of commitment. Heck, it's hard enough to make a huge lifestyle change, I don't need little negative voices on top of that!

Feel free to friend me!

Emily
  • caustin112
    caustin112 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree wholeheartedly. I'm just getting started and accepting all positive friend requests. :)
  • deniserenee_02
    deniserenee_02 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree. Instead of bashing someones decisions why not help them nicely.

Positive Support HERE!!!! Add me!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    you want unconditional love? get a puppy. some people are blatantly doing things wrong and ineffectively, and there are members that want to help.

not agreeing with exactly what you say ≠ unsupportive
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Good post I couldn't agree with you more! I have noticed lately that some people are the exact opposite of support and it's unfortunate because I go here more than Facebook fitness groups because of the cool people that I have met on here! You made a great point and I could not have wrote it better!