Worst binge ever?

Options

Replies

• theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I don't know, actually. I probably have a "binge" at least once a month with parties, going out to eat w/ friends and family, whatever. I just keep moving. I don't expect myself to be perfect and I want to enjoy life, not be afraid of having fun.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider it my worst binge, but it was a binge I was able to move on from, which shows change in the repetition.

This past weekend I was having very high strung emotions (I have bipolar disorder so this is something I go through). Although I intended to eat healthy, I was just going through the motions of trying to cope. I had no energy or desire to workout and then I felt that I was lacking the consistency to make a change in my lifestyle which reciprocally made me feel worse. AND my wisodom teeth were aching since they're growing in -____- Any ways, I bought myself Mcdonald's chocolate chip cookies, ate banana wafers, had some mochi ball, ate two frozen greek yogurt popsicles, ate a dinner WAY to high in sodium, and ate two pieces of cake for my dads birthday, (even though it was organic without frosting, doesn't make it okay!!) And had noooo intention to work out.

My natural tendencies are to put myself down and bash my body. It was hard to push through those hateful thoughts, but it was worth it. Instead of making my self feel even worse, I rationalized that I am human, and I will always have my days. Tomorrow will be a new day to work a littler harder, eat a little better, and run a little faster.

Yesterday, I met all of the goals I had planned and I felt amazing about it. :)

You are as always, fricking amazing :flowerforyou:

My last REAL las compulsive/ emotional binge happened 3 weeks ago. It was a Saturday - usually (not anymore) a rest day when I buy something I'd like to eat. So I just bought a box of cheap cereals. The thing is they sucked - they were horrible to eat.
    Looked like I just, u know "missed " the so-waited day. so without being really hungry, I ate the whole box (more than 1,2K calories I'd say) - since I wanted to "fix" that day, and since it was almost over, I jumped on oatmeals - I'd say 1k tops, but that didn't do it, so BAM 100-150 grams of pastas after that that I've been able to totally eat; I think mean while they were a whole bread, and some french chesse - 5, 6 fruits, plus milk and few honey :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Since I've been able to quicky analyze it - that was the last "real", massive binge :)
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Uh oh... I am getting some really good ideas on this thread.... :tongue: Just kidding!
  • yokem55
    Options
    There used to be times that I would eat a large bag (16 oz?) of Tim's Cascade Hawaiian Sweet Onion kettle chips in about a 1 hour sitting. When I started counting calories and realized what I had done to myself with all the calories, fat & sodium, I was horrified. To this day I can't even look at the bags in the store without feeling my stomach churn...
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The other night, I got back to my dorm and wasn't even hungry.
    I proceeded to eat a yogurt, pretzels, two granola bars, almost an entire bag of pop-chips, almost an entire bag of these baked fry chips, some pistachios... I think there was more, but I didn't log it all. It sucked, but you know what? It happens and you have to move on. Don't punish yourself by fasting, don't dwell on the guilt, just plan for next time and move on.
    Next time I have that urge, I'm going to go for a walk, call my mom, wash the dishes, take a shower, etc. I know for myself that distractions work best.
    So,
    What was your worst binge ever? How did you react? What is your plan for next time?

your worst binge was nothing hun...mine...let's see..each of these were their own binge

1. an entire box of fiber one cereal, milk, cocoa, and several servings of these dried pea things.
    2. 1.5 quarts of actual ice cream---so something like 12 servings I think.
    3. 8 bagel thins with cream cheese, 6 oz dry roasted edamame, and several bowls of cereal
    4. 10 string cheeses, 1/2 box cereal, brownies, rice cakes, and 5 fiber one bars

Hmmm...sometimes I move on.

Sometimes I try to offset the calories a bit/compensate by working out harder--NEVER STARVING though. That's not for me.

Usually I move on and have a normal day but I'm rarely hungry after so my calories are NATURALLY a bit lower than they would be had I not binged.

I know that I will ALWAYS work it off somehow--usually over several days though--cutting 200-300 calories until I'm back at a net maintain. I don't do anything crazy drastic.

It is funny (not really) that we are all binging on our "healthy foods". I once ate a whole box of Fiber One brownies.
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider it my worst binge, but it was a binge I was able to move on from, which shows change in the repetition.

This past weekend I was having very high strung emotions (I have bipolar disorder so this is something I go through). Although I intended to eat healthy, I was just going through the motions of trying to cope. I had no energy or desire to workout and then I felt that I was lacking the consistency to make a change in my lifestyle which reciprocally made me feel worse. AND my wisodom teeth were aching since they're growing in -____- Any ways, I bought myself Mcdonald's chocolate chip cookies, ate banana wafers, had some mochi ball, ate two frozen greek yogurt popsicles, ate a dinner WAY to high in sodium, and ate two pieces of cake for my dads birthday, (even though it was organic without frosting, doesn't make it okay!!) And had noooo intention to work out.

My natural tendencies are to put myself down and bash my body. It was hard to push through those hateful thoughts, but it was worth it. Instead of making my self feel even worse, I rationalized that I am human, and I will always have my days. Tomorrow will be a new day to work a littler harder, eat a little better, and run a little faster.

Yesterday, I met all of the goals I had planned and I felt amazing about it. :)

You are as always, fricking amazing :flowerforyou:

Thaanks :blushing:
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Oh I forgot about the peanut M&M's I ate. Someone gave me a tub of them. I ate the whole thing that night. Must have been thousands of calories.
  • Sophiepoo
    Sophiepoo Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I totaly get that panic and start to eat anything and everything mindlessly really quickly. It was only last week actually, i made a mars bar cake that was 5k calories, made some brownies, started picking at cereal only to realise that half the box had gone, eating clotted cream out of the tub...i dont even enjoy it when it gets like this, i just want to feel really full, not comfortable full but like i can't fit anything else in, blargh! luckily im able to just wake up and think well, that was one day and carry on as usual.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Not really a binge, just what I used to eat every time I went to McDonald's. But I'm always craving it. Even right now!! 10 piece chicken nuggets, large french fry, double cheese burger, and large fountain drink. I want it constantly. I really want it now. : (
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    There was a time when my every day used to be a bingefest. I was hyperthyroid throughout my childhood and early teens, it was a struggle to keep weight on me and avoid falling into the underweight category. So I grew up used to eating anything and everything that even crossed my mind. Anytime I felt like devouring two doners and a chocolate croissant after school, I could, because any weight gain it might possibly cause would be a welcome one. And then I'd go home, head to the kitchen and keep going. Almost every day.
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    My worst was a few weeks ago. My friend and I had a movie day and we decided to have a bunch of snacks. The snacks were Oreos (which we ate a row and a half of), Twizzlers, Hickory Farms meats and cheeses, crackers, and plenty of non- diet soda. And then we had mac and cheese for lunch, of which I ate most of it. I logged everything I ate and drank, and it was over 2500 calories! I didn't beat myself up over it though because, at the end of the week, I was still under my weekly calories. Also, we only do this once a month and I believe that it is okay to splurge every now and then. That was probably my biggest binge recently, but when I was in college, it was nothing for me to eat a whole medium pizza, in one sitting.
  • Alphawolf02
    Options
    boy i hate to say this...i am a big binger, it was nothing for me to go to McDonalds and get 10 double cheese burgers, 5 fries and i always got two drinks so they would think it was for 2 people....oh in the mornings I would go to McDonalds and get 3 sausage biscuits, then go across the street and get 2 sausage egg and cheese biscuits at Krystal, then drive to Burger King and get whatever i could still put down, it was like i never got full....

I can or i say could eat 2 or 3 tripple whoppers...with fries and or onion rings....and dont even talk about BBQ buffets,,,they always lost money on me....Chinese buffet, I would put myself up against anyone then....
    i loved going to the breakfast buffet and eat plates sausage and bacon and eggs covered in saw mill gravy....

I won a cheese burger contest at my work ( Police Department) and won $100 ...i ate 17 regular cheese burgers from McDonalds...people were amazed..

I am not proud of all that... I have type 2 diabetes now and weigh so much I dont even post my weight... recently I went on a great low carb plan and in 2 weeks I have lost 17 pounds and blood sugar has gone from 309 down to 143....very respectable...

If any of you guys are friends with Ed Davenport , you have a great friend...his story has inspired me and got me on the right path....my friend oberon0124 is also a great inspiration..

never again and I am just glad I am on the right track for life now.....

I just wanted to say congratulations! It takes a lot of discipline, motivation, and desire to have done what you are still doing. I wish you all the best of luck with your health and diet. I normally don't add emoticons, but for you, I will! :flowerforyou: Congrats again and keep it up!!!!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    never again and I am just glad I am on the right track for life now.....

Ditto!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    when i polished off A JAR of soy nut butter, a whole sleeve of graham crackers, 4 cans of soup (rich and hearty kind with meat), the uncooked beans from all the rice n bean mixes from the cabinets, a jar of salsa, and an entire package of rice cakes all alone at 3am in my kitchen, trying to be as quiet as possible as i raced from cabinet to cabinet. that was the night before going out and eating a huge breakfast with an old friend....

disgusting, fat, ugly feelings of regret berated me months after that ridiculous binge.

i never want to feel that out of control and desperate for food again.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with those feelings. I know they are often inevitable, but since it's in the past and the only thing you can do is move on, there is no reason to make yourself feel like crap. I'm proud of you for moving on, and we all have the power and control. We just have to figure out how to find it when we truly need it.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    It was during my first semester of college...I was completely alone in my dorm and was at a really bad time during my life. One night I had an entire medium Dominos pizza and cinnamon sticks, plus a snack bag of Doritos, and a pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I felt SO sick after. All of this was consumed within a couple hours. I don't know how I did it...I went to bed hating myself, and woke up not wanting to eat anything, and ready to hit the gym. Now, if I feel I want to, I try to preoccupy myself, take a bath, brush my teeth, get out, and other stuff like that.
    I ate that after squat day....
  • shovav91
    Options
    Well tonight I made a really healthy dinner. Baked cod with spinach and tomatoes....Then my daughter wanted to make a snack of her own. She spread tons of peanut butter on a flour tortilla and sprinkled it with Lucky Charms. Sounds weird but it was AWESOME. So much for my healthy dinner. Feeling guilty about it now
    I definitely wouldn't call that a binge. And it's great to indulge once in a while. What fun is life otherwise?
  • HeidiHuenink
    Options
    I was a compulsive, binge eater from a young age. My dad was the enabler. I feel like I was a pro, thinking about the quantities of food I ate frequently. WHen my dad brought home a dozen donuts, I ate about 6 -8 of them! When he brought home a box of potato chips, I'd eat most of them. Ice cream by the gallon. Thank goodness I have mellowed out in my middle age and am really
    working on losing weight and getting healthier! I truly believe sugar is pretty evil and changes the entire body chemistry for the worse. The more you eat, the more you want.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Well tonight I made a really healthy dinner. Baked cod with spinach and tomatoes....Then my daughter wanted to make a snack of her own. She spread tons of peanut butter on a flour tortilla and sprinkled it with Lucky Charms. Sounds weird but it was AWESOME. So much for my healthy dinner. Feeling guilty about it now
    I definitely wouldn't call that a binge. And it's great to indulge once in a while. What fun is life otherwise?
    This.

You guys REALLY need to get rid of the negative emotions around found. I swear what has this industry come to? Oh, I know. They want your to fill "guilty", so you can buy their products.

Food is neither good or bad. You shouldn't feel guilty because you ate something.
  • shovav91
    Options
    I was a compulsive, binge eater from a young age. My dad was the enabler. I feel like I was a pro, thinking about the quantities of food I ate frequently. WHen my dad brought home a dozen donuts, I ate about 6 -8 of them! When he brought home a box of potato chips, I'd eat most of them. Ice cream by the gallon. Thank goodness I have mellowed out in my middle age and am really
    working on losing weight and getting healthier! I truly believe sugar is pretty evil and changes the entire body chemistry for the worse. The more you eat, the more you want.

After a lifetime of living with that, I'm so inspired that you are overcoming it. Keep us posted, you are honestly such a great role model!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My worse binge would probably be from 2 packets of oatmeal, 5 slices of whole grain bread topped with pb, a whole bag of multigrain chips with finishing half a container of hummus, just LOADS of it!!! Yikes. Although they were healthy choices, I went waaaay over my macros & cals for the day.. and it started to become a habit thinking that it was okay because it was healthy food.... after reaching my goal weight 2 months ago, i'm having a hard time with maintaining.. i'm always up 2-3 pounds, back down, up, down.. it sucks. But i'm definitely trying my best to overcome this "binging problem" I have!