Whats your favorite healthy breakfast?

Options
123457»

Replies

• mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Four egg whites, three ounces flank steak"pre cooked" 1/4 cup sweet red pepper, all mixed together in a bowl, cooked in the micro. Coffee, oh yah, half a pot.

I love steak and eggs! I usually eat 2 egg whites, either bacon or turkey sausage, on an english muffin or everything bagel thin, with whatever cheese I have on hand. Today it was a slice of Sargento reduced fat ultra thin cheddar....crap, I should have used a laughing cow wedge!! Ah well, tomorrow!
    Oh yea, and a big ole cup of joe.......
  • mskari77
    mskari77 Posts: 142
    Options
    Mine is 3 eggs, 2 chicken apple sausages (nitrate free, no harmonies, no no msg free range) , half of an avocado with some salsa and a cup of black coffee. MMMMMMMMMMMM

Chicken apple sausages?? What is this? They sound awesome!
  • One slice of whole-wheat bread
    1-2 T of organic peanut butter
    1 small/medium banana
    One cup of green tea with skim milk

Healthy, but close to 400 calories.
  • lbarton12
    Options
    Chocobanana smoothie: combine in a blender 1 frozen banana, 1 tsp cocoa powder, 1/4 cup 0% fat greek yogurt, and light soy milk to desired consistency- Yum!

Sounds good but wheres the protein misses!? :)

I was looking back at my recipe and I actually use 1/2 c greek yogurt. It comes to 17 g protein in the smoothie. You could always add protein powder or some PB if you want more protein :)
  • ArleneMobley
    ArleneMobley Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    [SUPER HEALTHY] Breakfast - 409 calories:

1.5 cup frozen blueberries (super antioxidant level) - 124 calories
    1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt (protein and digestive health) - 65 calories
    1 scoop chocolate flavored protein powder (protein, nutrients, and flavor) - 140 calories
    2 TBS flaxseed meal (fiber, and highest omega 3 food in the world = super for cardiovascular system) - 60 calories
    1 packet knox gelatin powder (fixes joint problems, comes in back of 4) - 20 calories

Mix it all together (add all the ingredients in that order after defrosting blueberries, then mix).... and you have an extremely healthy, and long lasting breakfast.

(edit) - and gelatin is flavorless ground cartilage.. if you run, do cardio, or have joint problems or pains of any kind.. this fixed my knees in 2.5 weeks after having aches for over 1.5 years.
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Instant green smoothie with trop50 and fresh strawberries with egg whites and 2 pieces of natural ham on toast. Yummy!!! :)
  • DaintyAngelDreams
    Options
    I love fruit smoothies !! I use: one strawberry actimel, a strawberry yogurt, splash of milk, handfull of raspberries, and a banana. YUM :) I also love Honey on wholemeal toast witha cup of tea ... not that healthy, but soo good XD