low calorie breakfast ideas

Options
I need some meals for breakfast that are low in calories. Im looking for about 250 calories and under. Can someone please give me some ideas. thanks :)

Replies

• klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    wheat toast with jelly or peanut butter
    oatmeal (I like the maple and brown sugar)
    Bagel thins
    Dry cereal
    Fruit
  • gbloom182
    gbloom182 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Light egg mc muffin:

Thomas multigrain English muffin
    1tbsp of whipped cream cheese
    1 egg white (microwave it for 1-2 minutes in a mug)
    1 slice of your fav, deli turkey
    1 slice of fav cheese (havarti with dill is great!)
    Tallies in at just under 250 cals
  • emmoryz
    Options
    thank you both, i will try some!
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of steel cut oats (not your fast cooking oats)

same nutrtition as Old Fashion (minus a tad bit of fat)

But 1/4 cup dry (150 cal) cooks up to almost 1 1/2 cups cooked. I like my oats soupy.

I love adding 1/2 banana and some walnuts

Very filling.

This can be cooked in a slow cooker on low at night

1 cup steel cut oats with 6 cups water. Some cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves. Hot in the morning and ready to go. Will make about 8 servings (stores in the fridge for a week) warms up great.
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    This sounds tasty. Will definitely try.
    Light egg mc muffin:

• fkurban
    Options
    - low carb bread tost, almond butter with mulberry molasses (only fructose) available in middle eastern stores.

- 1 whole and 1 egg white beat them well add some thinly chopped veggies with low fat cottage or feta cheese.

- vegetable juice with protein powder
  • TurnLeftNow
    Options
    Bagel thins are awesome!

A bagel thin, with a scrambled egg and some fruit or yogurt.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    egg white omelet with veggies and a slice of wholegrain toast :)
  • thekateb
    Options
    :wink: :wink: :wink: i make a breakfast casserole that gives me breakfast for about 5 days....6-8 eggs, non-fat milk, non-fat sour cream, light shredded cheese and veggies (I like brocolli and mushrooms), this comes out to a little less than 200 calories a serving. Super yummy and gets some good veggies and protein in first thing in the morning.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    you can make your own mcmuffin.....an eggwhite scrambled on a toasted english muffin with american cheese. I'm sure you can even add a turkey or chicken sausage patty in there.

i made a really great smoothie today. 2 tbs peanut butter, 1 cup soy slender chocolate milk and half a banana.....DELICIOUS
  • maevestewart
    Options
    I have low fat yoghurt with 1/4 cup of rolled oats and heaps of berries every morning. Keeps me full for ages and tastes great!
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like the Sanitarium Up and Go (because im usually running out the door).
    Also plain yoghurts (check the contents though alot are loaded with sugar and calories), oats and fruits.
    A piece of toast with an egg white ommlette (with lots of veg) are great too if you have time to make them.
  • thekateb
    Options
    If you are going to do that try and slice of low fat motzerella cheese. American cheese is so bad...it's not even like real food lol
  • thekateb
    Options
    I have low fat yoghurt with 1/4 cup of rolled oats and heaps of berries every morning. Keeps me full for ages and tastes great!

If you are going to do that try and slice of low fat motzerella cheese. American cheese is so bad...it's not even like real food lol
  • maevestewart
    Options

Thanks for the advice but I love my breakfast and am not a fan of cheese at all.
  • thekateb
    Options

Thanks for the advice but I love my breakfast and am not a fan of cheese at all.

LOL, sorry that was meant for the homemade egg mcmuffin idea ;)
  • maevestewart
    Options

LOL, sorry that was meant for the homemade egg mcmuffin idea ;)

Haha no worries, thought you were suggesting a wierd food combo!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    yes american cheese is bad for you, so if you chose another cheese then thats fine....i like my artery clogging over processed cheese, tastes close to mcdonalds lol
  • Camilalea
    Camilalea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    As a proud vegetarian and someone who gets up at 6 am every day, I have put together a document of breakfast ideas! Here are my faves, hope they are helpful.

- Tofu scramble: Scramble tofu, spinach, cheddar cheese, and veggie sausage in light vegetable oil. - Apples and cheese: sliced apples with cheddar
    - Multigrain granola with sliced strawberries and blueberries
    - Fruit salad
    - Vegetable stir fry with a scrambled egg white
    - Multigrain slice of bread with almond butter and banana pieces
    - Smoothie of pretty much any fruits, use ice instead of milk/froyo.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Light egg mc muffin:

mostly what I go with. have recently gotten into the egg beaters. there's a new one that kills all previous cartoned eggs. southwestern style. has red and green bell peppers in there. and 25 calories per each 3 tbsp. is all! drop that in the pan and then throw it on a toasted english muffin, slice of american cheese, some deli ham ... easy, quick and tasty.