Giving up anything for Lent that will help you lose weight?

Options
I forgot that today was the start of it.... I may give up pistachios.... because they are too high in calories, but I absolutely love them.... I say that as I have about 30 empty shells in front of me. Might add pecans and walnuts too!

Replies

• whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I enjoy nuts. They help me to reach my calorie goal without having to eat a lot of food. :bigsmile:
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Women
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Im giving up TV! LOL it helps me get off my butt.
  • denveralexis
    denveralexis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Women

that made me laugh, but I think it's a bad thing to give up. not all of us are bad ya know?:smile:
  • rosaleenandalfie
    Options
    :smile: Hi, reading your notice made me think I should give up bread for Lent. I am addicted to crusty bread I know I could lose some baggage if I gave up the bread. Just think if you gave up your pistachios, you will have to add an excercise, as by eating the nuts you have to go to the bin to empty the shells lol. Your doing really well thirteen pounds lost. Keep going.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options

Funny. My one daughter said she would give up her iTouch. She watches a lot of Netflix there. But she is only 10, and I told her I thought that was too much, mostly because she just got it for Christmas.... Though, LOL, she could always watch netflix on TV, I guess.
  • whitneyann0
    Options
    Women
    :frown:
  • nikki91950
    Options
    i'm giving up chocolate!
  • Tiff1124
    Tiff1124 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Beer :sad:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I forgot that today was the start of it.... I may give up pistachios.... because they are too high in calories, but I absolutely love them.... I say that as I have about 30 empty shells in front of me. Might add pecans and walnuts too!

30 Pistachios are a serving. 160 calories. You don't have to give them up, just buy snack bags and pre portion out your servings. That's what I do :)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I'm not Catholic...but I'm going to try to give up my negative thoughts. They lead to self-doubt and depression and that derails me in a lot of ways, not just my fat loss efforts...
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    juice there totally loaded with sugar
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Though it could very well kill me, I'm giving up pasta.
  • Determined523
    Options
    Women

that made me laugh, but I think it's a bad thing to give up. not all of us are bad ya know?:smile:

Made me laugh too.
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I crack myself up sometimes
  • whitneyann0
    Options
    I crack myself up sometimes

I crack myself up all the time. :laugh:
  • elvamp
    Options
    Im gonna give up chocolate a real sacrifice for me!
  • yowla
    yowla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I am giving up my diet pop, fast food, sweets and chips. I am not going to have any of it on Sunday's (cheat days) I am going to stay strong and I know this up should clean my body of the fats and I will feel so much better at the end. Plus maybe giving this up I wont crave it so much when it is all over.
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options

Funny. My one daughter said she would give up her iTouch. She watches a lot of Netflix there. But she is only 10, and I told her I thought that was too much, mostly because she just got it for Christmas.... Though, LOL, she could always watch netflix on TV, I guess.

Ill only watch "TV" on my phone on netflix when im on a workout machine. Other then that No TV!
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up pre- made frozen food. No more lean cuisines, lean pockets, ect.