What healthy peanut butter do you use?

Options

Replies

• barleespringers
    Options
    It isn't peanut butter but I love Marantha natural almond butter. It is naturally a little sweeter than peanut butter, or I think it tastes that way at least. It is a little lower in saturated fats and it is actually a nut butter unlike peanut butter.

Same here! LOVE it!
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I use PB2. Love it
  • minime2b
    minime2b Posts: 168
    Options
    Never tried PB2 but saw it on Dr Oz, supposed to be really good
  • ChristinelovesCraig
    Options
    I would marry Teddie Natural Super Chunky if I could.

Just sayin.

Teddy's Peanut Butter is made in my hometown. On a windy day, you could smell the roasted peanuts all the way on the other side of town. This is also my favorite PB.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    PB2 is really good. It's amazing how the consistency is so close to real peanut butter. In fact, I would like to give it to someone without telling them it's from powder and see if they even notice.

The only downside is that it's really expensive. Two tablespoons of powder only makes about one tablespoon of peanut butter, and it's around $8 for a small jar.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I use Trader joes natural crunchy with flax seeds.. soo good!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I buy my peanut butter fresh-ground from the bulk section of the grocery store. The only ingredient is peanuts.
  • fotomomx4
    Options
    Just bought some PB2. It's a peanut powder that has all the oil squeezed out of it. Only 45 calories for 2 Tbs. Also has 5 grams of protein. Put some in a banana smoothie and it was really good tasting but a little grainy. Would love some good recipes for it!

A blog that I often read has a lot of suggestions for PB2 uses: http://www.runsforcookiesrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/08/pb2-recipes-and-ideas.html
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Costco brand Kirkland. Contains Peanuts and Sea Salt and you get two large containers and its cheep as helll!!!

Love Kirkland brand! Sounds a lot better than making your own!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Honestly, best peanutty taste ever is to just make your own. It takes no time in one of those little blender thingies and the intense flavour is unreal. :)

Dumb question: how do you make it? Just dump some unsalted peanut in the blender?
    Real answer: Yes. It's really that simple.

As for people using PB2, or any low fat peanut butter, I just have to ask, why? The fat is the healthiest part of the peanut and peanut butter. It's a great source of healthy fats that we need. Full fat, full calorie peanut butter is 1000x's healthier than any powder or low fat processed junk.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm using Nature's Promise Organics Peanut Butter Sodium Free. Ain't nothing in it but peanuts.
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    I don't eat much peanut butter but my husband loves the Smart Balance brand.
  • lds72
    lds72 Posts: 12
    Options
    Bell Plantation's PB2 powdered peanut butter. I love it!
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    For those who make their own nut butters. How does the price compare? What do you spend on getting the nuts versus the normal cost of store bought brands? Just curious. :}
  • run344
    run344 Posts: 28
    Options
    I tried PB2 once & loved it, but find it so expensive! Anyone know of places to buy it for cheaper?
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Honestly, best peanutty taste ever is to just make your own. It takes no time in one of those little blender thingies and the intense flavour is unreal. :)

Dumb question: how do you make it? Just dump some unsalted peanut in the blender?
    Real answer: Yes. It's really that simple.

As for people using PB2, or any low fat peanut butter, I just have to ask, why? The fat is the healthiest part of the peanut and peanut butter. It's a great source of healthy fats that we need. Full fat, full calorie peanut butter is 1000x's healthier than any powder or low fat processed junk.

I only use PB2 for convenience, and even then not all the time. Sometimes just measuring a tablespoon of powder is easier than the mess of the real deal. It just depends on my motivation level at the time and what I'm doing with it.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    My wife buys Compliments 100% natural smooth peanut butter from the organic section of the grocery. Roughly 100 cal per tablespoon and most important for me, 0mg sodium.

I live in Quebec. "Compliments" is a store brand for a regional grocery chain.

Note: This peanut butter is not as tasty as regular Kraft product. I cheat a little from time to time by mixing in a little of the Kraft PB my children and wife eat.
  • anta1
    anta1 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just found netrition.com as a good and cheap place to buy PB2. Am gonna try it! Thanks guys!:flowerforyou:
  • annieheavrin
    Options
    PB2 all the way!!!
  • hdtoolgirl
    hdtoolgirl Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Better'N Peanut Butter.. Low Sodium, 100 Calories per 2 Tablespoons, yes, 2 tablespoons.. LOVE iT!!