Zumba Lovers talk to me! bring pics if you got''em!

Options

Replies

• Sandycc88
    Options
    love it !!!
  • Brademert
    Options
    Just as a side note, I am using the first Zumba for Kinect not the new one. Getting the new one this weekend.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    The steps are pretty repetitive. If I have a few new faces I usually go over the basics before class, but if your instructor is good then with cueing and repetition you will do great :)
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    25543922856305799_KTovAhx4_c.jpg

:laugh:

As a Zumba enthusiast let me just say:

Bahahahahahahaha! Soo been there! :laugh:
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hiya :) Zumba instructor here. Started at 227 lbs, now at 157 lbs :) 12 more to go for my personal goal :) Want to get there before my 41st birthday this summer!! :)

DSC00438-1-1.jpg

Photoon12-02-16at919AM.jpg

heh. sorry about the eye t-shirt. it's one of my favourites, and I'm a dork :)

I love your eye shirt where did you get it!?! lol
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I have been doing Zumba for Kinect for a week now and can already see a difference, especially in my thighs and butt. It is AWESOME!
  • Sandycc88
    Options
    Hiya :) Zumba instructor here. Started at 227 lbs, now at 157 lbs :) 12 more to go for my personal goal :) Want to get there before my 41st birthday this summer!! :)

DSC00438-1-1.jpg

Omy god other than Zumba what else did you do?
  • barefootbridgey
    barefootbridgey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been going for about 2 months, usually once a week, twice if my schedule allows it. I've had the DVD set for about 18 months also, i prior to starting classes (none were available for a long time!), i did the DVDs about 3 times weekly. Since finding a good Zumba class, I've tried using the DVDS again and ugh...SO BORING!! I'll never do them again! :)

I've gone to several different facilities with different instructors and have had mixed results - if your instructor isn't into it, is fairly out of shape or has no energy or rhythm, the class sort of sucks. I got lucky and on my third try, found a Zumba studio that I LOVE. I run 3-4 miles 2-3 days weekly and I can definitely feel an improvement since I've been going to Zumba, which seems wierd since I'm only able to go once weekly. Zumba classes are definitely fun and though I've not used the Kinect or Wii versions, friends who have have had a similar reaction as I did with my DVDs - all good until you actually experience a class and then they are really, really boring...and definitely not as good of a workout.

there's definitely a learning curve to Zumba, but the choreography to each song is pretty repetitive, sort of like a song, actually. Like, a set of moves that go along with the verses, a set of moves for the chorus, a set of moves for the bridge, so it's pretty easy to learn, especially if you have a dance background or have done Zumba (in any of its incarnations) before. Definitely check out several classes and find an instructor that you like, you won't be sorry!!

...also, if you're worried about looking out of place in a Zumba class - DONT!!! There's a huge range of people in the classes...some are super fit and look awesome doing moves, some look awfully awkward. Some are 20, some are 60, some graceful, some not, some 300 lbs, some 110 pounds. You'll almost always be somewhere in the middle of the range...and, every single person in that class felt just as ridiculous when they started as you will!
  • bettbett87
    bettbett87 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

DSC00438-1-1.jpg

You look amazing!!!! Such an inspiration!

I love Zumba, I found a class I really enjoy and a friend to go along with. It's a great social thing as well as a workout for me :-)
  • tlayson
    tlayson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba, we have it for Wii. I started "just dance 3" on Dec 25th and I purchased zumba about a month ago. Between the two games, I've lost 24 lbs. It works!
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    To start with, I love strength training but hate cardio. So how is it that I love zumba? I think it is becasue it is fun, but also because learning the steps is sometimes hard. While you are concentrating on the routine, you are distracted from the fact that you are doing cardio. The music is great too.
    I love class or the new xbox game.
  • vickyd205
    vickyd205 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't wanna hijack your thread I'm just curious from the ladies who go to Zumba regularly- how difficult is it to pickup for someone who has absolutely no coordination? I've been wanting to try Zumba myself but I'm terrified!

I'm not very coordinated either but the moves are very repetetive and you will eventually pick them up (even when you aren't doing them exactly the way the instructor is you are still moving and burning calories). I was really scared when I first went to class because I figured that everyone would be staring at me but honestly they are only looking at the instructor. My advice is to stand when you have a good view of the instructor (if you go to a class), concentrate on the feet first (the arm movements will come in time), do the best you can and HAVE FUN!!!
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I took a Zumba class once about a month ago. I really enjoyed it. I just ordered a set of DVD's from QVC. I should be getting by the end of the week or beginning of next week. Which works out very well because I have been doing 30 day shred and will be done with it next week. I also have Leslie Sansone videos of different lengths and intensity too. The Zumba videos also include a 20 minute video. Once completed the 30 day shred, I plan on doing the Zumba 20 minute video in mornings before work and then in the evening do either a Leslie Sansone or another Zumba video depending on how much time I have. I figure that will give me a great balance and enough varieties of videos for a long time.
    I don know that I want to do more Zumba until I at least lose all of the weight.
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options

Love this!!!

Thanks for sharing!
    Michelle
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Primarily zumba initially. Now I teach hip hop classes and 3 trampoline classes a week. I've integrated heavy weights in there as well, as I have some saggy skin and I want to tone and get some muscle development in there :)
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hey! I don't have pics but I can tell you, I LOVE Zumba and have some fabulous results to brag about from it! I've lost 24 lbs. in 2.5 months, starting at 183, now I'm down to 159! My mom was trying to get me to work out with her forever, but every work out she brought me to just wasn't for me. She brought me to a Zumba class one day, and I instantly signed up for an unlimited membership, and began a low calorie diet the next day. I know I've put in some hard work to get this far, but if it wasn't for Zumba, I don't think I would have even started my journey. Let me know how you feel about the Kinect version. I was thinking of purchasing a Kinect just for this game. LOL
  • savdbygrac
    Options

OH THAT'S FUNNY AND TRUE! LOL LOL LOL
  • aprildawn81
    aprildawn81 Posts: 668 Member
    Options

this made me bust up laughing!!!!!! Hahahaha!
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I haven't done it on any game consoles but I do classes at least twice a week. The thing about it is that it is fun so you don't feel like you're working out. Every time I am dripping sweat and according to my heart rate monitor I burn about 500-600 calories for the hour. A good instructor is important if you're doing classes. I have three that I like, went to another one and I hated it! So don't give up if you don't like it at first, try a different instructor. It's also important to do other cardio as well as weight training too, switch it up!
  • hellotina
    hellotina Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i LOVE zumba.. haven't tried the video game because i am afraid i will get bored(i do better when not at home by myself lol)- but i do go 3x a week. my instructor is amazing. she mizes in hiphop/current music with the spanish so its a lot more fun then some of the other instructors i've been too. i also do some circuit training ontop of zumba but so far in almost 4months i have lost 32lbs (counting calories along with it). which i think is pretty good!! if you haven't been to the live classes i would recommend trying one out. its a blast!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!