Meat- what kind to you eat?

Options
Looking for some variety from the normal "chicken" meal- What other meat meals do you fix?

Replies

• gellolicious
    Options
    Any meat I want, I just measure measure measure! Just had a BLT the other night and stayed well within my calories. :) I do various fish, scallops, shrimp, pork, beef... Message me if you want some recipes.
  • flibberdajibbitt
    flibberdajibbitt Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds, just go for the leaner cuts. One meat that I do eat a lot of is bison. Very similar to beef, yet closer in calories to chicken breast. :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Tuna steak, salmon, garlic butter scallops, turkey burgers...
  • NeshBeMe
    NeshBeMe Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Turkey and seafood. No beef and pork but there's so many ways to prepare all of these things. When I want to try something new, I search the net.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Beef. Bacon. Beef. Bacon. and beef.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    All of it
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    The problem I am having is the sodium amount in most meats! I really try to watch my sodium AND enjoy meat... can I have both? lol
  • nnapieralski
    nnapieralski Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Chicken, turkey, beef, fish, bacon, turkey bacon.........
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Personally trying to cut back on my red meat at the moment, so eating a lot of turkey, fish, and chicken - and when I do eat red meat I try to make it game (I love it, and it's also usually a little leaner!). I'd definitely second the bison choice, or venison! I even learned how to butcher rabbit recently, so I've been working with that. I'd also highly recommend making your own sausages - so flavorful, and you can control exactly what goes in them! If you'd like any recipe/meal suggestions, feel free to message me :)
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I also eat what kind of meats I want but I just make sure to weigh and measure and fit it in!!
  • Lidenbrock
    Options
    Seafood, venison steaks and venison burgers.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I like chicken and fish (prefer wild salmon), but I'm also a big fan of wild game. Being that I'm in the south and my step dad is a hunter, I've almost always got some kind of wild game in my freezer. Currently, we've got some venison steaks and ground venison in there :) I find wild game to be leaner and more interesting than the same old same.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    fish, wild game, turkey, pork, you name it we eat it
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I only eat Italian sausage.
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I began substituting TVP for crumbled hamburger in everything.
    I eat chicken, pork, beef, fish. Just make it lean and watch portion size. Variety is best, each has its own way of nourishing your body, so utilize that. You don't have to always each chicken because you're watching your diet. I've modified everything I make now to be lower fat.. and it's delicious. I am not going to sacrifice taste, especially since I want to get my family on board and they aren't going to do it if it's a chore.
  • jelli1970
    Options
    i eat kangaroo steak, its 100cal per 100grms!
  • kiste1kl
    Options
    I love lean turkey burger. It has completely replaced ground beef in my household and because you can use it in so many things it doesn't feel like eating chicken breasts every night.

I also really enjoy Hillshire Farm's Smoked Chicken sausage. If you are a kielbasa fan, this stuff is fantastic. It's only around 700 calories for the whole package so if you pair it with a good side or put it in a jambalaya or casserole it's great and won't wreck your diet for the day.

Of course fish is always a great option. Or if you're feeling like a BBQ, Hillshire Farm also makes a great Turkey & Pepperjack brat what is around 100 calories (about 1/3 of the traditional brat) and tastes great too
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to shell fish and some reg fish....so I eat, ground turkey, turkey sausage, angus 90% lean beef, chicken, pork tenderloin (not chop)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I only eat Italian sausage.

how is that even possible
  • sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever meats I want, I think it is all about portion control, I can't have a 12oz steak, but I can have a 4oz steak. Throw in some veggies and stuff and I have a pretty good meal.