Hole crap guys....

Options
So I just binged, and I usually don't log binges... but I logged this one, and I ate over 1,000 calories.
1,000 calories.
In one sitting.
I'm just so shocked by this.
Holy crap guys, I'm freaking disgusting.

Replies

• Twiinkless
    Twiinkless Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've struggled a lot with binge eating and bulimia ove the years, and when my bulimia was at its worst I could easily eat 2000 calories in one sitting. What's important is to work out what triggered it, and ways you can combat it if it happens again. Also, please resist the urge to compensate by fasting, purging, excessively exercising or using laxatives, because these will make it harder for your metabolism to burn what you've eaten. The best thing you can do now is get back into a normal healthy routine. Hope this helps :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Keep calm, drink chai, and it will be ok!
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    happens...........just dont do it all the time, and 1000 isn't that much of a binge...........a red robin burger and fries is like 1500........
  • trybefan
    trybefan Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I dont consider that a binge honestly. Thats a typical restaraunt meal.
  • brookiewins
    Options
    but you logged it - you didn't hide it from yourself, or from us, that's strength right there. knowing is half the battle, and the other half is not killing yourself over doing it. back in saddle and ride, girl!!
  • TWrecks1968
    TWrecks1968 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Keep calm, drink chai, and it will be ok!

LMAO
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    1000 is a binge to a 11 year old girl.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is a binge? That's a medium sized dinner or lunch.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with binging since I was about 12. There have been times when I've eaten over 3,000 calories in a sitting. The feeling afterward is one of the worst feelings ever. Drink a lot of water & plan out your meals for tomorrow. :)
  • lilmag57
    lilmag57 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    no...dont put yourself down! Just say tomorrow is another day, you will do better!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I can eat 1,000 calories worth of Oreos in a sitting - immediately after a 800 calorie dinner - and still manage to lose weight.

Relax. Breathe. Do better tomorrow.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    ya, I believe that was a binge. Now read this:

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/02/01/5-steps-after-failing/
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    I usually refer to it as a crap hole, not a hole crap....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's not that bad. One binge will not make a difference to your weight loss, I promise you.

Do you know what triggers your binging? Is there someone you can talk about it with? I'm sorry you're feeling bad about yourself.
  • waferzdog
    Options
    It's amazing what logging you eating can do - really open your eyes. I know it did mine - now I read every package and am quite shocked by the number of calories. Next time you need to binge, you can refer to your log and maybe find some good stuff that you can eat alot of and still enjoy. Good Luck.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    happens...........just dont do it all the time, and 1000 isn't that much of a binge...........a red robin burger and fries is like 1500........

That's sort of what I was thinking. 1,000 is a meal for my scrawny husband... or pretty much anyone who isn't calorie counting or doesn't need a diet to get thin.

If you feel that bad about it, get up and do some exercise.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is a binge? That's a medium sized dinner or lunch.

if it's 1000 calories worth of pickles, it just might be a binge...
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That's why you should log everything.....when you log it, you get to realize how much it is, and that will help to trigger in your brain that it's too much for one sitting. With that said, I've had my share of binges too! I've been really bad lately, and am working to get back on track. No more excuses! So, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get right back to it. And good luck!
  • aclear1992
    aclear1992 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just go for a nice walk .. It should take your mind off it, burn some calories , and it releases lots of endorphins. :)
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1000 calories is definitely not a binge.

I was having such a great day yesterday...even completed my diary early because I was done eating (or so I thought) for the day. Clocked in at 1252 calories for the day...

AND THEN...

I had an extra 2 glasses of wine, ice cream, and chips with dip...added an extra 1800 to my day all after 8PM...now that's a binge ;) I freaked out too...ranted about it on my profile and thank you Jesus for all the great friends I have on MFP. Their words of encouragement made me realize it was just one night...today was a new day and that I CAN DO THIS!! SO CAN YOU!!