Oddest reasons someone has given you for ending a relationsh

Options
rossi02
rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
I was having lunch with a friend and somehow we got on this topic.. thought it would be a fun thread on here. Can be a reason for ending any type of relationship.

For me, I had the biggest crush on this one guy for a while. Being shy, I didn't want to go up to him out of fear of rejection. Then I started working out and losing weight and was starting to build up my confidence. A few months pass and I run into him at a party. We talk and hit it off and start going out.. after 6 weeks or so I noticed he was calling less and we were not going out as much. During this time I had kept up with working out and was losing more and more weight. We were talking one night and I just flat out asked, "What's going on.. seems like we're seeing less of each other and just not connecting as much". His response.. "well, I really like you and all, but you are really thin.. I like thicker girls". Needless to say at the time I didn't see the humor in it, but my friends sure did. These days I can laugh about it.

Please.. share yours!

Replies

• sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    The weirdest one for me was someone who I had only been seeing casually for a month or so. He knew I was taking classes to up my GMAT score and put some shine on my application for grad school and he was pretty supportive about it, so the day I got my acceptance package I totally freaked and I called him and was so super excited about it. After five or ten minutes of me talking about all the ins and outs of the program I asked him why he was being so quiet and he's like so are you going to say yes because it sounds like this is going to make you really busy and that is really selfish of you. I just kind of sat there and then I started laughing, he was like I'm serious if you don't tell them no then we are done. Seriously though, I just found it funny. I would never jeopardize my future for someone I barely knew. Boys can be so silly, breaking up with girls who are trying to make themselves better people.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    'It's not you, it's me."
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I've nevere been broken up with, but I did break up with a guy on Valentine's day one year, because for the two weeks before that, he kept telling me I was going to, it annoyed me yes, but when I didnt hear from him all of Valentine's day? I called that night and broke up with him... that's the weirdest *I* can think of for brekaing up with someone.
  • alex215
    alex215 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    "your friend paid me 5 bucks to ask you to be my girlfriend....so now i feel bad, here is the 5 bucks...lets break up now...ok?"

true story.

well i was in 5th grade, but its still true.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I had a girl break up with me because I didn't have a college education ( no ambition to better myself, she said ).
    23 years later, I'm married 11 years ( together for 21 ) 2 little boys, house, acreage, more real friends than anyone should be allowed. Oh yeah...I'm an estimator / architect...take that bee-otch!!!!!!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    "My sister doesn't approve of you. She said you're not religious enough."

He wasn't even someone I was official with. I was "dating" him and 3 weeks into it, he told me that :laugh: I died laughing. The next time I saw his sister, I told her she should ask her uber-Christian brother what we did in her mustang while she sleeping. :smile:
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    A girl, was really into me and apparently i was her perfect guy.

i wasn't perfect when she found out my salary and that I had no desire for the material things in life.
  • BoxingCoachMo
    Options
    I had a girl break up with me because I didn't have a college education ( no ambition to better myself, she said ).
    23 years later, I'm married 11 years ( together for 21 ) 2 little boys, house, acreage, more real friends than anyone should be allowed. Oh yeah...I'm an estimator / architect...take that bee-otch!!!!!!

Hi five my friend, Hi five lol
  • MissVCI
    MissVCI Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    well the one real relationship i was in, i was the one who broke up with him.

But in my casual dating, i've never gotten a reason, they just randomly stop calling. I rather get a weird reason like " Your toes are too long." or something, instead of wondering what i did to turn off the guy.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I had a girl break up with me when she found out I don't have brown hair.

We had been going out for a couple weeks. She introduce me to one of her best couple friends. When the guy asked her why she departed from her list (She apparently kept a list of traits she wanted in the men she dated. Brown hair was one of them.), she was surprised to find out I had been a blond. He shaved his head and knew to look at the eyebrows.
  • Crying_In_Color
    Crying_In_Color Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    All we do is have sex...
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    my last boyfriend broke up with me because i'm white. true story.
    (his parents wouldn't approve of me : ( ) sad times.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I had a guy break up with me because he said he felt bad about using me... but I mean at least he had the courage to tell me he used me, right?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

I believe you... a guy I went out with senior year in college dumped me when his parents finally had a chance to meet me and instantly told him, "You will NOT bring home that black girl...you can go out with her for fun, but that's it."
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options

I believe you... a guy I went out with senior year in college dumped me when his parents finally had a chance to meet me and instantly told him, "You will NOT bring home that black girl...you can go out with her for fun, but that's it."

It super sucks eh!
    The guy I was dating was living here because hes a college student, and we started dating. Then I realized he was telling everyone I'm his Canadian girlfriend, and that back in his home country, I'm just a friend. ouch.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options

Wow.... that is just wow... basically saying you can have sex just don't bring her home..... Gotta love that racism ! People should be euthanized.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    'It's not you, it's me."

Yeah, that was what the first guy I was dating told me.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I broke up with someone for yelling at an old man in a cross walk after nearly hitting the guy... Yeah... but you know the fact that she was a psychotic b+tch
  • lalaloses
    Options
    I broke up with someone because he wanted a Mommy and not a girlfriend - it was whacky. Afterwards he married a lady 20 years older and now he's happy and we're still friends.
  • kayleen_longworth
    kayleen_longworth Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    "I wasn't convenient enough." We had been dating for three weeks. I was a college student who went to school three hours away. Sorry I could only be there on weekends.