part time jobs that don't suck?

Options
2»

Replies

• eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Work at a gym that way your membership is free.

That was actually going to be my suggestion. I don't work a part-time job because (no offense) I don't need one. But, if I had to pick it would either be a gym or tanning bed :happy:
  • jazzgnat
    jazzgnat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know you said no fast food but I would recommend pizza delivery. I've done it for years and you can make good money. You do have to have a car that is fuel efficient though. You would make a base pay(varies by location), mileage per delivery or percentage of deliveries(also varies), and tips. On an average night I take home $50 in cash and I get paid every week. Good nights can go $100 most of the time its between the two on the weekend. Most places keep drivers off the phones and makeline so you'd spend your time washing dishes, folding boxes, etc. and of course delivering.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I think all part time jobs suck. But that said, UPS/FedEx are usually always looking for people part time, especially for morning shifts loading. there's also painting houses, and knew some folks that used to survey part time. And surveying is a pretty sweet job when the weather is nice (Though sucks when it's cold)
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    You could go to Manpower or any temp service agency and look for work. Just tell them what your interested in, and hopefully they will find a good suit for you. I did that during college, and loved it. Every week I was working somewhere different and got all types of experience from different working levels.

Either way, good luck to you.

I was going to say a temp agency, too! I have worked nearly a dozen different jobs, from washing dogs at a dog salon to sorting through filing cabinets for a security company to working the customer service desk at Toys R Us (which sucked horribly, you probably DON'T want to work there).

If Craigslist takes listings for your area, that might be worth taking a look at, too. I have found a lot of interesting jobs there; you just have to watch out for scammers. No one needs your bank info or for you to do a free credit score analysis online before they will hire you. ;P
  • rachaelhoffman
    rachaelhoffman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I work part-time at a YMCA and it's fantastic! The staff are really wonderful and friendly, and I get a free membership too!
  • ljg0
    ljg0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    UPS package loader - you'd get benefits, tuition reimbursement, day hours off and free workouts! :)
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    do you NEED the money? since you appear to haave served, my guess is you don't. volunteer at your local fire department. They might give you a paid spot later? I bet you like to be a little physical, i would hate to work in an office that's for sure.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    My husband and I had part-time jobs when we were in the military. I'm not outgoing, but I was successful as a telemarketer in the evenings. My husband worked part-time taking care of kids at the daycare center when he was stationed in Spain. He worked evenings as a manager at the base NCO Club for several years before we retired from the military. Working as a stocker for a store in the evenings might be good for you. You'd get exercise, too. You might check out loading trucks for UPS or one of the package delivery companies. My step-daughter started out loading trucks with UPS and quickly lost weight and gained muscle. It didn't take long to work her way up to a full-time position with authority, plus they pay for her college classes. While going to college, my step-son started working at Time-Warner Cable, taking customer service calls. Time Warner paid for his bachelor and master's degrees, and he now holds a management position with the company.

The title of your post suggests your attitude may be a problem. Stay positive, work diligently, and good things can happen!