Anyone taking diet pills?

Options
13»

Replies

• GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I take Alli on occasion. If you are careful with what you eat, it has no side effects. (If you don't follow the guidelines, it has horrible side effects!)
  • Sanduni
    Options
    OMG some of your story's are scary!!!!! *phew* thank god i didnt just take em! so glad i got some opinions....so its a definiet NO for me he he
  • Ruthy420
    Ruthy420 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I HAD BEEN A FAN OF DIET PILLS ALL MY LIFE UNTIL I DECIDED TO DO IT THE RIGHT WAY, NEVER THOUGHT I COULD WITHOUT THEIR HELP. DIET PILLS ARE ALL QUICK FIXES THAT AT THE END WILL DISAPPOINT YOU, AND MAKE YOU FELL CRAZY TOO. TOO MANY HIGHS AND LOWS, THE ONLY ONE I HAVE TAKEN THAT WORKED, BUT GOD KNOWS WHAT THEY HAD IN THEM, ARE SOME BRAZILIAN ONES I TRIED ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO. THEY GOT REALLY HARD TO GET AND THEN DISAPEARED, BUT THE END RESULT IS ALWAYS GAINING DOUBLE THE WEIGHT BACK AND MORE DISAPPOINTMENT. SO STICK TO THE ONLY THING THAT REALLY WORKS, DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Good info here,I agree be careful some are mostly caffiene,some are green tea concentrate(like Dexatrim Max which I take),some are just for loosing some water weight and make you dehydrated.I was taking guarana and ginseng (or having starbucks energy drink doubleshots) but I just started the dexatrim and for me it lasts longer (I need extra energy all day).Please be careful if you have any heart issues,blood pressure,or blood sugar issues.Apple cider vinegar is good for weight loss-and it comes in liquid or tablets.Be patient,eat healthy,keep moving and drink lots of water and you will see results-that last!
  • Mixie87
    Mixie87 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Diet Pills? No

& yea basically they are caffeine.

I take a light green tea pill in the morning. I say "light", beacuse it is not the MEGA GREEN or anything, just some 3 dollar bottle of green tea extract.

I drink coffee in the mornings, but have never picked up an energy drink. My friend tried to get me on SlimQuick, but I can't justify spending the money on some pills because I am lazy. I have tried the MEGA GREEN TEA pills and they make me feel like I am on crack. Natural is the way to go.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hey all you lovely peeps, quick question.....with excercising and watching what you eat does any of you take diet pills? i was thinking of doing this but not sure whether it was a good idea........:bigsmile:

Back in 2007, I took Adipex which is a weight-loss pill/appetite suppresant. It was horrible. I dropped pounds VERY FAST but it had horrible side effects. I would get bad headaches/migraines because of it... and I was only taking half of the dose I was supposed to be taking! It sped up my heart which I also now do not like. I was brave. I refuse to take any diet pills to lose weight. It's a waste of time. If you don't learn how to eat clean and have an exercise regimen, I don't think you will ever have sustainable weight loss.

I am 100% against taking diet pills. That's my opinion :)
  • rocket03
    rocket03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple you get a boost of energy due to the caffine but thats about the only thing that helps when you are working out. stopped taking them because they never seem to do much else
  • UpToTheChallenge
    Options
    I would research the pill you decide to take, if you choose to take one. A lot of them have s many things in them that shouldn't be going into your body. Basically, a lot of them just have some caffeine but all it does is get your heart rate going. For some people it's too much to handle. In my nutrition class my teacher talks about how bad they are and talks about all of the lawsuits all of these different diet pills have had filed against them since people are having strokes or dying.
  • missgina7
    Options
    I just today started taking the HCG Pro but I do NOT plan on doing the diet. I just want to burn the 'cottage cheese' in my legs/butt and lose that bit of belly pooch. I've been taking vitamins and a bunch of other supplements such as Co Q 10, L-Carnitine, and apple cider vinegar. I've also been doing cardio/strength training. After reading so much about the HCG on here, I'm wondering if I should even bother with it. I just want a fat burner!! Has any one used anything that has worked?? OxyElite? Hydroxycut, etc???? Thanks!
  • ImaSongbird
    ImaSongbird Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If you DO decide to try pills, do it with your doctor. Try prescription pills which have documented side effects. That way you know what to expect, and you have to follow up with your doctor every 28 days, since they are not permitted to write more than a 28-day prescription.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see so many here preach about diet pills and I wonder how many of them drink coffee?

Most diet pills active ingrediant is caffeine, though their herbal supplements in them like acai and chromium are common. Chromium is a common supplement for regulating blood sugar levels so can sometimes work as an appetite suppressant.

It's important to look at how much caffeine is in any diet pill you decide to take as some ask you to take it several times a day which could be up to 600mg of caffeine. Therefore you should know how much caffeine you can tolerate. The ones I take sometimes only have 50mg of caffeine which is a little more than a soda. I don't take them as directed, basically I used them as a light energy pill for when I don't want to drink a lot of tea or ingest calories from soda or coffee.
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I take an all natural pill - its got capsimax and acai berry and a ton of caffeine. I've lost 70 lbs so I'd say it works and its safe. So that pleases me.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Interesting to see so many here preach about diet pills and I wonder how many of them drink coffee?

Most diet pills active ingrediant is caffeine, though their herbal supplements in them like acai and chromium are common. Chromium is a common supplement for regulating blood sugar levels so can sometimes work as an appetite suppressant.

It's important to look at how much caffeine is in any diet pill you decide to take as some ask you to take it several times a day which could be up to 600mg of caffeine. Therefore you should know how much caffeine you can tolerate. The ones I take sometimes only have 50mg of caffeine which is a little more than a soda. I don't take them as directed, basically I used them as a light energy pill for when I don't want to drink a lot of tea or ingest calories from soda or coffee.

I think most of us preaching about diet pills are referring to more than just the caffeine pills they sell at the grocery store. There are some much scarier pills out there. But, yes I do drink coffee and still wouldn't take a diet pill. I know what is in my one or two cups a day....I don't trust the diet pills.
  • alicialiken
    alicialiken Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Alli is the only FDA approved 'diet pill' -- everything else is use at your own risk. Your body is a temple and should be treated that way. If you're not 100% sure of how your body will react to a pill, seriously, don't do it =( Like many have said, the healthy way to lose weight is from eating clean, exercising and drinking plenty of water. If that doesn't work, don't be afraid to ask for help! Involve a medical doctor, personal trainer, nutritionist, therapist...whatever works for you. The worst thing you can do is take something dangerous & unsafe. Best of luck :smile:
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I just today started taking the HCG Pro but I do NOT plan on doing the diet. I just want to burn the 'cottage cheese' in my legs/butt and lose that bit of belly pooch. I've been taking vitamins and a bunch of other supplements such as Co Q 10, L-Carnitine, and apple cider vinegar. I've also been doing cardio/strength training. After reading so much about the HCG on here, I'm wondering if I should even bother with it. I just want a fat burner!! Has any one used anything that has worked?? OxyElite? Hydroxycut, etc???? Thanks!

HCG is a total fraud... not sure why anyone would take it but to each their own.

As said before, all diet pills are basically caffeine and chemicals.
  • baby72500
    Options
    They are NOT worth it. I tried a years ago Xenadrine (the origional one) and its no wonder they are off the shelf now. I will admit they helped control my hunger, but too much. I was never hungry. Of course because I wasnt hungry I didnt eat. I guess because I wasnt eating well I basically made it worse. The last day I ever took them I swore I never would again. I had taken the right amount of pills, but hadnt eaten enough, and boy was I sick. I remember shaking so bad I had to hold myself up against the wall so not to fall over and having palpatations, then I crashed and was almost sleeping while standing, and then running to the bathroom every 5 mins not sure which way things were going to come out. (sorry for the mental image). It took days for me to feel "normal" again. It was one of the worst experiences of my life and I will always remember it. Trust me do it the natural healthy way and dont risk it. I was miserable and I didnt lose a single pound.... I will never risk it again!