marijuana use....

Options

Replies

• monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I dont get the munchies, I just drink a lot more Arizona. Though if there is food handed to me, I will eat it. and it tastes better. <.< But I don't go out of my way to get food.
  • KavemanKarg
    Options
    The only plant with no discovered level of toxicity, and no known allergy.

While I do not partake, except as hemp hearts on occassion, I feel this plant is completely maligned and misunderstood.

The entire argument against it seems to be "because big brother said so".
  • bitofawobble
    Options
    love it, and will probably use it in moderation for the rest of my life. would have a spliff over a beer anyday. and i dont get the munchies.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have no willpower at allwhen I smoke weed....so I gave it up because in my case it was keeping me fat..but I don't oppose legalization at all because its still pretty awesome lol
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I dont know....... yeah....... I get the munchies, but it seems easier to control what i am munching on and if I even REALLY want it. It keeps me from being as stressed, so I dont stress eat. Keeps me calmer, so no cortisol (if that even really factors in to it). Gets me mellow enough to be able to sleep, so I am rested and have the energy to start the day in the morning. I dont know as many fat potheads as I do non-smokers.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    A couple of bong hits is a great way to relax the muscles after a hard workout... or so i have read
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Rule to live by: Work out first- smoke later.

That's one plan. The other can work for some people. You just have to be a TEENSY bit extra careful on the treadmill...
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I have never had it
    But I live in B.C. so I'm completely fine with people using it and say just legalize it.

And honestly who hasn't eaten a bunch of greasy gross food while hungover or gotten McD's at 3am after the bar, pot isn't the only thing that gives you "munchies"
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Munchies are for amateurs.

oh man... that is gold!
  • hillm12345
    hillm12345 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It should be legal and taxed just like alcohol. It is way less harmful for you than alcohol.

Agreed. Then at least it would be regulated and the quality controlled.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    pot is the wonder drug that does wonders... it lowers metabolism, it calms headaches.. i can help people who have manic episodes calm down (there is nothing, not muscle relaxers, ativan, nothing works on my mania like weed does).. for that reason alone it should be legal...

and its better for you then smoking cigarettes and alcohol...

there is not one good reason to make it illegal, except the government would loose a lot of money if it was made legal

president obama promised that the feds would not go after state legal dispensaries , but for some reason they are.. in my area alone dozens have been closed.. its shameful.. obama should be ashamed...

Surely they would make way more in taxes than they would lose in fines and penalties, and save money by not putting non-violent offenders in jail which costs the states money as well.

I haven't used it in years but I support it being legal.

If people will pay 9$ for a pack of cigarettes (NYC airport, and that was years ago) what would they pay for a pack of pre-rolled joints? 10-20$ a pack? Tax the hell out of it like cigarettes and go to town.
  • misseca
    Options
    LOL!
  • KellyinKT
    Options
    Munchies are for amateurs.

Lol, I agree, it only seems to effect the appetites of people that either don't smoke often or are new to it.
  • lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Pot legalization is coming up on the November ballot for public vote in Washington state. Hopefully all the normal people come out to vote to counter all the votes of the crazy whackos who think pot is the devil and who want to control our personal freedoms...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    If you have the munchies, just smoke more. :smokin:
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    It should be legal and taxed just like alcohol. It is way less harmful for you than alcohol.

True story... hungry, happy, and sleepy are the only side effects. What's so bad about that?!:tongue:
  • misseca
    Options
    Nice point!
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter... if you get the munchies DIVERT yourself over to the treadmill and chew on some thirst quenching gum. Next thing you know you've just worked out for an hour.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I dont even get the munchies. :P Eating is nice when your high, i think the food taste better and such. But it doesnt really make me feel hunger.

I guess most ppl dont eat when their hungry though, and there lies the issue.
  • _greeneyedgirl_
    Options
    4FJgV.jpg
This discussion has been closed.